Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Bar closures this weekend and next?

Anyone know the nights affected by the no-alcohol ruling for the elections?

I'm hearing it's this weekend AND next (for the local & general erections respectively), but not sure which specific nights/days or, how strictly enforced it will be.

Anyone in the know? :hairout

One bar owner told me, that the bars will be closed this Saturday at 6pm, until Sunday night at 6pm and the same next weekend. So would be a good idea to plan ahead and stock up on what you want for Saturday night. :whistling:

Bars will be closed Saturday night, but will be open Sunday night. That's the word right now.

Same for the weekend of the 3rd.

One bar owner told me, that the bars will be closed this Saturday at 6pm, until Sunday night at 6pm and the same next weekend. So would be a good idea to plan ahead and stock up on what you want for Saturday night. :whistling:

I think that bar owner is right, but only time will tell (Sunday night). The police letter was very specific about being closed from 6pm Saturday until midnight Sunday, but the word on the ground is that Sunday night bars can open after 6pm.

Who to believe?

I read elsewhere that there are local elections on the 10th and then there is a budha holiday the week after that

In short 4 dry weekends in a row :hairout

I read elsewhere that there are local elections on the 10th and then there is a budha holiday the week after that

There are two Pattaya elections on July 10, it will be dry in the two constituencies. And yes Friday July 15 marks the beginning of Buddhist Lent (Asana Bucha) and is usually celebrated drily.

There are two Pattaya elections on July 10, it will be dry in the two constituencies. And yes Friday July 15 marks the beginning of Buddhist Lent (Asana Bucha) and is usually celebrated drily.

It's all so pointless really, if the courts and the military end up overturning the election, as they have been doing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's all so pointless really, if the courts and the military end up overturning the election, as they have been doing.

Can I top up your half-empty glass? As Eeyore said, "It will rain soon, you see if it doesn't."

But seriously folks, you've got to start somewhere. If not here with elections, where?

• Downvote 1

I think that bar owner is right, but only time will tell (Sunday night). The police letter was very specific about being closed from 6pm Saturday until midnight Sunday, but the word on the ground is that Sunday night bars can open after 6pm.

Who to believe?

A girl at Windmill has just told me that Windmill would not be opening Saturday but would re-open at 10pm Sunday.

Just been for a stroll up second road, round by Soi Diana, LK Metro and then Soi Buakow. Most bars are completely closed but in some there are a few girls and customers lurking in the shadows. I'm guessing that you could probably get a drink in thse places if you were desperate enough for one.

I stocked up the fridge with booze from the 7-11 earlier and my intended for tonight is calling over shortly. Got a few dvd's so should be sorted. Sounds like it will be back to normal tomorrow.

New Orn Bar bar in Soi Diana serving alcohol, as is Kiss on Second Rd.

Just home from the excellent BBQ at The King's Table in Soi 13, no problem getting a beer there too, served in a glass inside a "condom", no bottles in public view.

Had dinner at a Moo Kataa place on Pattaya Tai, and beers were served.

Driving around town, the only entertainment places I saw that had lights on were Gulliver's Pattaya North, and ... Boyztown!:clueless

Everything else was very dark and looked closed, even the Wonderful Bars.

The Coconut Bar looked quite busy.

managed to get a few beers down tonight before taking the lady to see a midnight movie in central festival, but in reality the town was dead with just people walking around aimlessly, if they are serious about cleaning the town up and closing the bars then this something to look forward to 24/7 52 weeks a years

A girl at Windmill has just told me that Windmill would not be opening Saturday but would re-open at 10pm Sunday.

And a girl from Peppermint reckons Peppermint is opening at 8pm today.

Edited by Bazle

Here in BKK we have been told 6pm Sat until 12am Sun/Mon but Cowboy is said to be opening at 6pm today, don't know what I'm going to do yet, think I may follow the rest and start selling booze from 6pm, waiting for confirmation from our police 'friends'

Edited by Bigleg

What time on Saturday will the bars be closed from?

If i go out Friday night will they be shut from midnight onwards?

Sale of alcohol is banned from 6pm on Saturday to midnight on Sunday.

Ive been told only some num nuts would try to sell drink on the 3rd of july

THE DRUNKEN DUCK will be selling soft drinks,tea & coffee ONLY.

THIS DAY IS NOT A JOKE DAY anybody who thinks its ok. ive got big BIB on my side will come

unstuck they cant be seen to be doing anything to disrupt the poles.

the letter says close 6pm on the 2nd re open midnight on the 3rd.thats what we will be doing

and to add to it pattaya goes to the the poles on the 9th or 10th. and then to top it all off have big BUDDHA DAY on the 15th & 16th bars cloesed then toooooooo

TTT

THIS DAY IS NOT A JOKE DAY anybody who thinks its ok. ive got big BIB on my side will come

unstuck they cant be seen to be doing anything to disrupt the poles.

For sure. Disrupting the poles could throw the whole Earth off-kilter.

I had a afternoon drink with a few friends here in Khon Kaen till 6pm,then took a pizza home and chilled out at home

Thats the way to do it,some seem lost without a drink,very worrying indeed.The tourists are getting a rough deal and guys that work in the week,plus the barowners business,but ffs if somebody is worried about not having a drink from 6pm sat until 6-10pm sunday,u better go see a doctor about alcohism