Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Getting to Khon Kaen cheap for the mutt. Pics...

I'd like to find transport for the mutt/mutts to Khon Kaen to the house of my lady friend I'm willing to spring for bt.3000 My friend in Khon Kaen thinks it would probably be bt.5000 for a taxi.

My lady friend's parents have a good place for a dog to live. That's why I'm willing to go for the transport.

I'm told a bus doesn't allow for animals and that's fine with me. I don't think plane transport would be within my acceptable budget.

Any suggestions to keep it within the 3K limit? If it costs more, I'd just as soon donate the money for sterilization food.

Pure Mutt Mama dog in the company of one of the many Cambodian guards of the complex. Mama dog not so long ago backed off a bunch of Thai guys once when she decided she owned the soccer ball they were using. She was under a truck with it and they weren't going to get HER ball. It was a gas to watch..

IMG_9447.JPG

There are 7 of the mutts here. I'm surprised at how well they are tended to as opposed to a guy on the street without any limbs.

How could anyone not love a mug like this?

IMG_9569.JPG

A better look at a new arrival on planet.

IMG_9571.JPGearth.

I'd like to find transport for the mutt/mutts to Khon Kaen to the house of my lady friend I'm willing to spring for bt.3000 My friend in Khon Kaen thinks it would probably be bt.5000 for a taxi.

There is a thread on getting to Isan.

You won't get those dogs to Khon Kaen for 3,000 baht unless you know someone. Since you obviously don't know someone, you're looking at something around 5,000 baht, and even at that, most taxi drivers won't allow animals in their cars for any price.

Why don't you rent a pickup and drive up there by yourself? Otherwise, the dogs are probably going to stay where they are for 3,000 baht. And renting a pickup, tanking it up, eating and the like, you probably won't make it inside 3,000 baht anyway.

• Upvote 1

Get your lady to ring train station ,as it may be possible if pumps are in a cadge

But think have to be third class i think

A 9 hour journey from BKK to Khon Kaen ,seats will be very hard ,but cost about 250 bhts.

More better 2 nd class but sure would not allow animals on this class.

Maybe get Mr Dream Taxi to train station ,would have to ask him for costs

Then you need transport from Khon Kaen to her village.

So using my method sure be less than 3000 bhts

here is link for the trains

Hope this helps my friend

http://www.thailandbytrain.com/NorthEasternLine.html

I had a black labrador puppy sent via Thai Airways from Bangkok to Udon Thani for 3,000 Baht in October this year and that price included the wire mesh dog carrier; so airfreight might be within your budget.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I had a black labrador puppy sent via Thai Airways from Bangkok to Udon Thani for 3,000 Baht in October this year and that price included the wire mesh dog carrier; so airfreight might be within your budget.

I thank you and Dr. Mick for your replies. Yes it is possible to get there more than within my budget of bt.3K Dr. Mick gave the link of http://www.thailandb...asternLine.html

This prompted me to tell the little lady she needs to get on the horn (phone) and call the Thai Train office. She did so and got some information albeit limited. It will happen I think. The little lady speaks mountains more english than I speak thai and sometimes we're not fully on the same wave length. I think what she told me before she left is that she can take the "free train" from Pattaya to BKK from Monday to Friday. here it is.

IMG_8243.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

She could't tell me much about these trains when we rolled into the BKK train station. I don't know if she needs a special admittance or not. I'm not concerned about the fare on the train. the first call she made gave her a schedule of a ten minute window to catch the train to Udon Tani which I told her was not very good as any train could be late. She's a young lady and I gave her the charge of being responsible and making a wise decision about how to get to her parents house to deliver the puppies she wants to give them

Update.... She just called me as i asked her to do and she said the train is free from Pattaya to Udon Tani for a human being. She must pay for the dogs.

I can no longer quote Mr. NP but for sure his negative reply to me was far off the mark the mark.

My Pappy always told me if I had nothing good to say I should say nothing.

That's a good lesson for some to learn I think.

I commended the lady on doing a good job getting the information she got

A lot of folks from Bangkok relocated for a while due to the flood and there was a run on pet travel crates. The good news is many of those are on the 2nd hand market now. I picked up one at Chatuchak (sp?) weekend market that was probably 4th hand but it was only 1,000 Baht and did the trick.

You might also check the local dog rescue places/shelters. They often have them laying around and would probably make you a good deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1