Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Driver's Licensing - foreigner without a current license

Can anyone tell me, or point me in the direction for the requirements to secure a driver's license in Thailand?

Please note that I am an unlicensed driver, currently. That is, I do not have a current license to show as proof that I can drive.

Try the threads on Thai Visa or Pattaya City Expats Club.

Both have loads of information that should cover your situation.

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

Edited by 2 slices short

I understand you need a visa not a tourist, I had an O visa when I got mine.

Get a letter from your landlord or copy of a document showing you have a lease/own a place.

Get a health cert 100 baht any clinic will do one

Couple of photos , then soi 5 immigration to get a proof or residence cert.

Then off to Highaway 36 on Sukumvit head towards Bangkok past Hospital at flyover take 36 to Rayong, after about 8 clicks you will see on the right Regents School, take the next u turn after then come back towards Pattaya after 100 yards there is a sign turn left its 400 yads from there.

I took a Thia girl there 2 weeks ago a mates girl fed up with getting 400 baht fines, she had to sit a hour long video a multiple choice test, a reaction test and a colour blind test,, then had to drive her bike round a little track.

Not sure how they test the car ones ?

If you have a licence from home all you do is a reaction test and a colour blind, whilst busy they have a decent process going on there.

Good luck

If you have a licence from home all you do is a reaction test and a colour blind, whilst busy they have a decent process going on there.

Good luck

OP states he does not.

Most guys who do this actually do have a home licence, I should not imagine the driving test to be too difficult but some say there is a questions and answers session that can fox you... but they let you have another go.

The first time I changed my license UK to Thai I used an agency, made the process easier as I didnt know where the office was or what was required on the forms.

Also as far as the motorbike test if you fail you just take it again, no biggy, maybe even the same day.

In the meantime dont drive as any insurance on the car is invalid......

Might be obvious but I'm still counting the cost of a Honda Jazz totalled by my wife without a licence who said "no problem".......!!

If you have any doubts about any of it, you can go to the expats meeting on Sundays along Beech Rd by soi 1 (in the big white restaurant) and they have a expat volunteer group who will talk to you about what you need andd they will even take you there so you dont have to pay anyone to do it for you

If you have any doubts about any of it, you can go to the expats meeting on Sundays along Beech Rd by soi 1 (in the big white restaurant) and they have a expat volunteer group who will talk to you about what you need andd they will even take you there so you dont have to pay anyone to do it for you

Thanks. That is good to learn.

I guess my primary concern is being able to communicate with those in businesses and government agencies there, especially when trying to organize things like my driver's license.

In the meantime dont drive as any insurance on the car is invalid......

Might be obvious but I'm still counting the cost of a Honda Jazz totalled by my wife without a licence who said "no problem".......!!

You see that laissez faire attitude is costing you dearly in life! :D