Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

question for the golfers

im taking my clubs this year for the 1st time,could someone tell me what the club shops are like for balls gloves etc.do they cost as much or less than at home?

or should i stock up before i come over?

ps can you get the big brands callaway etc.

cheers gary  

Yes, bring your clubs.  There are so many copies here you will never know what you are getting.  And, they are no cheaper.

Shoes - cheap, but cheaply made.  Bring em or buy em no big difference.

Balls - same as home.  (For me in USA).  

Gloves - well, I am between large and XL for gloves in the US.  In LOS I sometimes have trouble finding gloves that fit me.

Frankly, if you expect to play less than 20 rounds of golf, bring what you would use.   A good glove, HAT, shoes, clubs, and about 20 balls right?   ;D

If you're moving here, different story.

Balls: plenty of pond balls available on the way to and back from most courses priced at around 100 Bhat for 6 with plenty of brands available. Most of the year you do not get any run on the fairways and most of the greens will hold any half decent shot with a hard ball. Take a box of more reponsive balls just in case you play a course with the greens a bit hard. Back home in Scotland I play with Pro V1 but when in Thailand Pinnacle gold spin or top flight XL 2000 spin seem to be the best for me.

Gloves: A normal Cabretta leather glove will last you 1 round so try and look for Tropical gloves which are available in the sport shops in the shopping malls. Buy two and rotate them during you're round and they will last the whole holiday. I played over 20 rounds on my last trip and was OK

Brang only 20 balls for 18 holes?  Thats just barely a ball per hole.  Can you say FOUR!!!!!!!!!   Plunk.

Hey, Butterfly, I  said 20 balls for 20 ROUNDS.  ;D ;D

Better not hear to many "plunks".   :o

Not too many questions about the golf on this board but is one of the reasons why I have not seen too much of LOS. I first visited LOS with a friend who had been going ther for the last 12 years and spent an amazing 3 weeks in Phuket. with 2 days in Blade Runner City before coming back home to God's Country.

3 Months later visited a friend who has stayed in Pattaya for the last 6 years with the intentions of playing a couple of days golfing at the start and end of my 4 week holiday. Never left Pattaya and had the time of my life playing 25 rounds of golf around some great courses with great company. My golf was based with Lewinskys Orchid and have since played with the Bunker Bar, Diana Inn and The Haven and have never had anything but a great day out. I am sure that anyone wishing too play golf in the true spirit of the game will have the same experience as me. Just a pity that I did not find anything else to occupy my time while I have been in Pattaya.

Well I had a great time playing golf out of The Haven too during my stay in PAttaya early in July.  Also found time to do other things too  :o  Had a great time.

I live in the UK and found golf gear about as expensive as in England, some items like branded clubs I thought were maybe dearer but that was in Bangkok at a big shopping mall so not the cheapest of places.

I am intending to move to Pattay in a few months time when I get my early retirement.  I love it there but the heat takes some getting used to.  8)

RayW,

Yeah, Bangkok has a selection but they are expensive.  But if you buy in Pattaya, I would hazard you have a better  than 50% chance of buying copies versus originals.  And the copies look so good I can't tell them apart.  I think it  better to bring your own clubs.  You know what you have then.  Actually, clubs and most golf stuff is  cheaper in the states than Thailand.  I don't know about the UK.

Hey Torreyloon,

A +4 lost 6 balls in a round?  Must have been a very bad day.  +4 is near pro-tour caliber golf.  I play to a 5 handicap, not +5, a 5, and I can not remember losing more than 2 balls in a day over the last 100 rounds of golf.   On average, I lose or wear out one ball per 18 holes.  But I was  making a joke.  I know the average golfer needs more than 20 balls for 20 rounds.  

Don,

Average during the week is about 800 baht golf, 200 baht caddie, 500 baht cart.  Rough guestimate.  Yhe premium courses can be higher.  

I play with a regular group  and they get us discounted rates, and there are always special sports days at some courses.

Don't forget you'll need transport to the course also.