Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I was just curious why in your post you limited the apparent hypocrisy to just Buddhism fella. I have no dog in the hunt as far as espousing one faith as superior/inferior to any other ... including those that seem to have no faith other than to perhaps themselves.

I take great comfort in my Christian faith, but no more than my wife takes in her Buddhism faith. Feel free to continue ridiculing either or both. It is only the internet and there are no consequences.

We chose Father Ray as a charity in Pattaya because we could see the tangible good that it does and that they accept children of all colors, creeds, religions, able of disabled. They literally turn no child away. The charity happens to be sponsored by a Christian organization but we also contribute to a few Buddhist causes. We don't ask for anything in return, miracles or otherwise although the visits always make us feel good. I don't know if the wife gets merit out of the visit or not and I suspect she would go any way.

If you have not visited FR's in Pattaya, it is a worthwhile visit regardless of your belief system and is easy to find off Sukhumvit near Pattaya Klang.

There are no consequences to a visit, no donations expected and they will not try and convert you or even attend a religious service.

Sounds like a worthy cause.....and most of all.'Trustworthy' that's where I'll be putting my baht this Christmas......After I've paid for some glasses.....I thought you were called VPL78...... My apologies... ruined half my jokes too!

Anyone who wants to contribute to "The Glasses for a poor Old Sod registered charity" please contact me in the " Jomtien Home for the bewildered"

I thought you were called VPL78...... My apologies... ruined half my jokes too!

LOL.

We chose Father Ray as a charity in Pattaya because we could see the tangible good that it does and that they accept children of all colors, creeds, religions, able of disabled. They literally turn no child away.

If anyone has assets in Thailand and no g/fs, wives or whatever to leave them to there, they can make a Thai will (foreign wills not recognised in Thailand) leaving their stuff to, say, The Father Ray Foundation. But they have to be informed.

I started this thread with a level of curiosity but sadly it has not been fulfilled. I have always had the greatest of respect for those people that have very little that have a strong faith. I was in India 50 years ago and saw the immense poverty that was counter balanced with an unshakable faith. I actually love the ability of the Thai people that I have met and who take great comfort in their faith despite a crap (in the main) existence. I only seek to learn more because we who have so much appear to care so little.