Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THAI AIR LIMOUSINE , 1500 BHT FROM BKK TO PTY . JUST ASK AT THE DESK JUST AFTER YOU EXIT CUSTOMS . IT IS A VERY COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FORM OF TRANSPORT TO TRAVEL TO PTY IN .

AFTER YOU HAVE BOOKED THE TAXI , THE DRIVER IS ISSUED A RECIPT WITH THE TIME PRINTED ON IT . THEN WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN PTY THE DRIVER REPORTS TO THE LIMOUSINE OFFICE TO BOOK IN HIS ARRIVAL TIME . SO THEY CAN SEE IF HE HAS BEEN SPEEDING , AND IF HE HAS HE RECIEVES A BOLLICKING {FREE OF CHARGE} . THEN AFTER BOOKING IN HE WILL DELIVER YOU TO YOUR HOTEL .

HOPE THIS INFO IS OF HELP TO YOU , AND HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY .

KIND REGARDS ,

GAZZO .

Just to add to what Gazzo has said, if you wish to return to the Airport via Thai Limo then book a return trip for 2,700 Baht.

Yes there are other firms offering trips to the Airport for much less but as Gazzo and others have already stated, Thai Limo is an excellent way to travel and very reliable when it comes to collecting you for your return journey.

PSP:)

Some hotels such as the Penthouse offer a airport collection service which is usually cheaper than Thai Limos . On the subject of speeding , my Thai Limo driver on the way to Pattaya was speeding but he stopped halfway at a service station for a 10 minute 'smoke' break to kill time .

Derek

I got to Pattaya from the airport via a metered taxi that you get by lining up at the taxi stand counter outside the arrivals terminal. Waited about 15 minutes in line and the cost was 1,300 baht plus 155 baht for the expressway charges. The driver knew no English and I can't speak Thai, but fortunately I knew exactly how to get to the hotel from previous visits to Pattaya. I pointed him in the right direction once we got to Beach Road.

No complaints though my driver stopped twice, once to pee and then 10 minutes later for petrol. Why he couldn't wait another 10 minutes for a pee is beyond me.

For the return trip to the airport I booked a metered taxi for just 800 baht and paid for the expressway charges on the way. The driver turned up and waited at the hotel for me well ahead of the booked time and made no stops on the way to the airport.

Gordon

I'm a little out of date as the last time I used a limo BKK-PTA was in November.

I always get a Merc. The reason being that I can sleep in the back, and am reasonably sure that it's been properly serviced. :D

Why bother paying expressway tolls to shorten your sleeping time?

You then arrive feeling refreshed and ready to go to bed for a little exercise. This regime, for me spells the end of jetlag.

Regards,

Andy

Just an update can anyone please tell me the current taxi price from BKK airport to Pattaya

There are numerous ways of finding out prices of the taxi from Bangkok (typed in fulll in case someone asks a stuip questions like what does BKK mean !) airport to Pattaya.

1. Look it up on the web using a reliable search engine

2. Remembering your last trip to Thailand and how much it costs in a taxi, then taking into account inflation. (please dont quote me be I think these are the correct inflation figures)

1998   8.1 %

1999    0.3 %

2000   3.0 %

2001   2.5  %

You should be able to work out the approximate price of the taxi journey bearing in mind how sensitive taxi prices are to inflation and the mind of the average Thai taxi driver.

3. Making your next visit to Thailand a big adventure, take the plunge and be a bit of a dare devil. Arrive at the airport go to the Thai limo counter by arrivals and look at the big sign which tells you how much it costs (If you cannot read I am sure one of the friendly staff will be able to help you !!). Then you can think to yourself...... god i'm good... I managed to do something all by myself without posting a stuip question on all the boards I'm a member off.

I hope you have a great trip to Thailand, just remember I think its best to get up at 1405 in the afternoon, also it is best to carry around an umbrella with you during the rainy season but if you leave it on a Baht bus the driver has no responsibility to return it to you. And last but not least I think the best way for you to walk through boyz town is with your right hand on you hip screeming at the top of your voice ..... Chase me.

I hope this all helps

Best Regards

Richard ;D

For the return trip to the airport I booked a metered taxi for just 800 baht and paid for the expressway charges on the way. The driver turned up and waited at the hotel for me well ahead of the booked time and made no stops on the way to the airport.

Gordon

Where did you get a metered cab in Pattaya??

Hi Woody,

The name of the company is Siggy Tour and it is not much more than a booth situated in Pattaya 2nd road, roughly half way between sois 7 and 8. Their phone number is 038-361207.

I booked through them 2 days before I left, paid 300 baht deposit and was issued a receipt.

Advertised prices for metered taxis from Pattaya back to the airport seem to be priced anywhere between 800 to around 1400 baht. The only reason I can figure for the variation in prices seems to be that the seemingly more upmarket the tour company shop, the higher the price.

Regards,

Gordon

Made a trip from BKK tp Pattaya a couple weeks ago.  Following previous advice from this board I went to the departure area at the airport.  First taxi I asked quickly bargained down from the $1500 baht going rate to $1000 baht, he pays tolls.  

On my return there were numerous booths advertising  rides to the airport for 800 baht.  They required me to pay toll about 100 baht.  I didn't try to bargain especially with the need for a 4 am pickup.  They were waiting for me outside the hotel when I checked out at 3:45 am.  No problems.

I'm not sure why it would be worth paying more for the other services unless you want to spend some real money and have a car with girls included.  :D