Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I am selling my 2009 Harley Davidson Street Guide and moving to Pattaya City. Found out it would be like buying the bike over again if I took it there. I want to purchase another bike when I get ther. I don't want one of those small things I see on the street. I would like to get a Custom Chopper there preferably larger than a Sportster. What are the prices and locations I can look at.

Edited by Radar

Might I suggest that you keep a smaller bike for general "running around" in town and save your bigger bike for longer trips. riding a big bike in Pattaya can be a pain in the arse as you are often as slow in the traffic as the cars are.

Might I suggest that you keep a smaller bike for general "running around" in town and save your bigger bike for longer trips. riding a big bike in Pattaya can be a pain in the arse as you are often as slow in the traffic as the cars are.

Fair suggestion. A big bike negates the benefits...which is the ability to get through traffic.

You often see a guy with his black waistcoat, jeans, chains,boots and SS style helmet going to the shops on his Honda Wave for cigarettes. Unless he is a working guy going to see Gonzo... :D

They sell approaching a couple of million of those small things every year in Thailand for several good reasons.

For one they are affordable for locals (and expats) ranging from about $US1,300 for basic models to $2,600 for quite flash looking automatic scooters. Big bikes cost 10 to 20 times as much because they are imported and attract a high level of import duty and so on.

At better than 100 mpg, they are cheap to run. (My 15 year old 100, with over 200,000 km on the dial, does about 110 - 115 mpg)

But if price and running cost alone is not the reason they are so popular. They are also very convenient, nip through traffic easily, and carry a heap of stuff..... or people!

Thailand does have some great roads out of town, where big bikes can be enjoyed. Around town they are just a hassle.

Edited by Mick2
  • 1 month later...

I agree if you're gonna get a big bike you ought to have enough money then to also buy a scooter, for zipping around town. I guarantee you you'll be riding the scooter more unless you really need to ride the big one to compensate for......ahem.........something.

There is a big harley scene (biggest in thailand) in pattaya with lots of great riding out of town

shops you can try for bikes are

Eds Hotrods on pratumnak road

Ironhorse at the back of big C

Eastcoast Choppers at the Jomtien corner

You will be looking at 600k up for a legit bike with papers, stay away from the dickheads with special deals (in most cases illegal bikes)