Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi,

Am staying in Bangkok for 2 nights and have made a choice of 2 hotels, both near Soi 5.

Grand Inn Hotel

Fortuna

Both have vacs, for my time of stay, but I can't find many reviews.

Has anybody ever stayed at any of these 2 hotels, and couldyou let me know your views on them.

Cheers Doug and thanks for any replies [smiley=cheers.gif]

Well.....For the "true" Bangkok experience, you gotta stay at the Nana Hotel.....I say I'll never stay there again, but I do everytime I go...Just something about that place...

Well.....For the "true" Bangkok experience, you gotta stay at the Nana Hotel.....I say I'll never stay there again, but I do everytime I go...Just something about that place...

If I needed to stay that close to Sukhumvit I'd stay at the Woraburi about a mile down the road, despite the stroppy receptionists.

Wild horses (or whores) wouldnt get me to stay at the Nana

I stayed at Grand Inn on Sukhumwit  soi 3.

I never return there, very noisy as the soi 3 is a main road, there were so many heavy cars in the early morning, and the lady at the reception was not friendly.

I usually stay at Park hotel on soi 7.  Good location; Beer garden,  Foodland, Bamboo bar, Galliver, Nana, Thermae,,,, all are very near.  1150 Bht/night.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Greg Stopped at the Nana twice before and never again.

Matt Thanks I'll check out the Park as i wish to stay in that area.

Cheers Doug

I like Majestic Suites. Rooms are very small but the hotel is in quite good shape with good bathrooms, something that shouldnt be overlooked.

Also Landmark hotel is very good altough more expensive.

I also stayed at the opposite side that I forgotten the name of...

anyway theres enough hotels in the area.

Actually Nana Hotel is ok for a couple of days nonstop action. I will stay there next week again to see if the new pool will add the value.

• 2 weeks later...

Nana Thai at the end of Soi4 . Quiet , has a small gym , pool and snooker room .Can normally negotiate 800 baht a night with no breakfast .

Beats the overpriced Nana .

You also pass Pi Pi bar on the way to the plaza . Last November was still only 200 bt b/f. girls happy with 1000 bt but pretty ropey girls.

Still it beats 500 b/f at hilary's , Morning2 night etc.

imho

"Just something about that place"

Yeah, it could be the mold or stale beer in the carpet or the unidentifiable "spots" on the bed spread?   [smiley=yikes.gif]

For 12-36 hours while I'm intransit to Pattaya, nothing is quite like the Nana.  But if I'm planning to actually stay for any length of time the Majestic Suites is great.

-- Steve

Hi,

I have too stayed at the nana tai mansion at the end of soi 4! payed 800 baht! rooms are a good size but a bit worn! never the less I will be staying there again in April before hitting Pattaya!

Stiffler.

mattelyo,

Doesn`t the Park hotel charge a joiner fee ? I went there a couple of years back and they said they charged 500 for guests.  Would be very nice if that policy has changed as the hotel has a great location.

.M

Hi stiffler .

I could be there too . I've got a month in Los starting 19th of march . I think the rooms beat the Nana at 1200

baht .The only problem I had was when they gave me this room with a separate bedroom and lounge . The tv was in the lounge so I couldn't watch it in bed after the boom boom . The pool can be fun if you've got a horny tg as it always seems empty. That 800 bt you're paying , does that include the breakfast . Ialways go without as I'm never up in time.maybe get a further reduction??

Hi Sparkey,

The price of 800 baht! did not included breakfast! I don't think it did anyway? if it did I was never up in time, LOL! (around 4:00 in afternoon I wake) so I think it would be better to ask!

Regarding the tv's! bedroom and lounge thing! every time I have stayed there! (5 times) the rooms that I have been given! where all bedroom and seperate lounges! and once had the same problem as yourself! with the tv being in the lounge! enabling me not to watch it from the bed! so I just moved it in to the nearest mains point! which luckly was by the dresser! but my tv had a external arial! which you moved yourself to get a good picture! but obviously with a internal arial! you are restricted! because of the cable coming from the wall! or is it the other way round? not sure? fuck it! just ask them for one in the bedroom! they do have them!

Check out the brunswick bar! up the road from nana tai! good brunswick pool tables! sport on the tvs! and good beer and food as well as a few good looking girls there!!!

Another hotel that I have stayed at was called the royal asian lodge! on soi 8! not too bad! type in royal asian lodge bangkok! in your search engine!

All the best!

Stiffler.

Hi stiffler,

Yeah that's what I do now. Get a one room room .Still the same price though .Been to The brunswick .Probably has best tables in the Soi .Normall start at PI Pi's and pub crawl along the soi . Have a Quick one in the Bamboo bar across the road and the make my way back again. Current favourite bar is Morning to night but there's one good tg pool player and she hates to lose.

Btw You weren't the welsh guy staying at the Nana thia

during the rugby world cup??

Maybe see you in April

No, it wasn't  me! Let me know before you go when you will be there! and maybe we'll go out for one or two cold ones!  

my long time TG will be meeting me at the airport! and will be staying with me for the duration! but she is a cool kind of girl! so she can stay in for a night or two!!! it won't be a problem!

By the way! what kind of age are you? not that its a problem for me! I am a youngster at 25!

Oh yeah! B4 I forget! be very carful at pretty girl a gogo! bad experiance with a chic boy there! :-/ luckly I thought it was a bit manly! voice, hands and shit when I took her outside into the light! and when getting back to the nana tai to meet up for a drink with my mate and the girl he bar fined! she then told me it was a chic boy! had to laurgh and put it down to experiance!!! I told it very polity! you have to go!

Stiffler.

Stiffler.

I'm a youngster of 34 , Losing my hair , past my prime but still young at heart.

I could be attached too . My usual tg normally meets me at the airport but she now has "velly lich man take care her good"

So who knows!!

I've always been able to spot katoeys but since seeing some of the pictures on this forum I'm beginning to wonder.

Be good to meet up as this time I'm travelling on my todd. Talking and listening to expats moaning when I'm in holiday mode just aint no fun.

Need to hook up nearer the time .

cheers for the offer

sparkey

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Inn on Soi 3 is perfect for a two night stay.  The standard rooms which are in the back of the hotel are very quiet (and cheaper).

It's a small hotel with a friendly staff that gets to know you.  No problem with guests,, they keep the ID at desk and call when she picks it up to make sure all is OK.  Never had a threesome there but assume there is no problem or extra charge.

Saftey boxes at desk with double key and 24 hour access.

Most importantly since I'm staying before I leave for the airport their wake up calls are always on time but as a backup you can ask the bellman to knock on your door if you're not in the lobby by a certain time.

No pool so perhaps not the perfect place for a long stay.

It's where I'll continue to stay when in Bangkok.