Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

New Rate for Residence Garden

I got the following response from the Residence Garden; however, the rate change doesn't reflect on FLB's website. Reservation is for 12/23-12/28 stay.

"Dear Sir,

I have booked you as requested at special FLB rate 1,600 Baht per night

Rat include SURCHARGE .

In order to reserve, I need a credit card deposit of   1,600  Baht

Either Visa or Master card.

You can send it through this email. If security is your main concern, you

can send number and exp date by seperate emails.

Or by fax + 66 38 364450. (please write BIG and clearly)

If any changes, PLEASE EMAIL ME ACCORDINGLY, as we are pretty full."

I'm just back from a 2 week stay at the Residence Garden and was charged 1,350 baht per night. The higher rate could be for the Christmas/New Year period or perhaps they have just increased their prices?

The "deposit" asked for is a precaution against you not turning up for whatever reason. I believe they have a rule that if you don't cancel your booking in advance and just fail to turn up, they will charge you for the first night's accommodation. This is common practice amongst hotels and quite understandable as they need their occupancy rates to be as high as possible. Nothing will be charged to your credit card until you arrive (or fail to as the case may be).

Alan

I booked for early Febraury and I have the 1350 rate.  Also when I stayed there in September they wanted to see a Credit card for guarantee.  I don't own a Credit card so I was able to give them my ATM card with Visa logo no problems.  They never charged my ATM card and I never gave them a cash deposit.

cheers

kj

59 days and counting

I booked it through this website. I was bit surprised to see RG mention special FLB rate of 1600 baht instead of 1350, TIT. There are other hotels that do not require credit card guarantee and I prefer to do business with them instead.

Cheers,

Yes Kev thats why you got the fruit!

i never saw any fruit [smiley=gone.gif]

Im back to the flippers...

Fruit?  The only fruit I had was from the TG staying in my room, unless the hotel gave it to me because they feel sorry for me. ;D  Maybe they figured I could use a little extra fiber in my diet, wait until they see me next visit, I just lost about 20 pounds (9.09 kilos) :)  

cheers

kj

last time i stayed, about a year ago, i had to leave 2000 baht deposit at reception whilst checking in, which i thought was a bit strange, and i admit it pissed me off a bit.

maybe i looked like a trouble maker. ???

Its probably the shaved head with tattoos all over it that give that impression

Guest chrisgng22
last time i stayed, about a year ago, i had to leave 2000 baht deposit at reception whilst checking in, which i thought was a bit strange, and i admit it pissed me off a bit.

maybe i looked like a trouble maker. ???

i have to agree with crackpot on this one it must be the shaved head and tatoos [smiley=rotflmao.gif]

Kev i thought i read in an earlier post from you and others about fruit in the room it made me wonder where my free fucking fruit was??

never mind i got full English breakfast in my room!!!

FLB rate at The Residence Garden is 1,350 Baht.

Surcharge 250 Baht per night applies from 20th Dec -

5 Jan. if rooms available.

Deposit is charged during busy season, as a substantial percentage of bookings through FLB site unfortunately fail to show up and do not have the courtesy to cancel.

2000 Baht Cash deposit upon checking in, is charged only if the guest does not have a credit card.

Ib asked me for a deposit on my last trip....I sent him a fax and never had a problem...He did charge my CC on the next billing cycle and had the copy of the reciept upon my arrival...

I was told the "No-Show" rate was getting high and he wanted the confirmation....Understand the problem from his viewpoint....

FLB rate at The Residence Garden is 1,350 Baht.

Surcharge 250 Baht per night applies from 20th Dec -

5 Jan. if rooms available.

Deposit is charged during busy season, as a substantial percentage of bookings through FLB site unfortunately fail to show up and do not have the courtesy to cancel.

2000 Baht Cash deposit upon checking in, is charged only if the guest does not have a credit card.

As this is coming from the horse's mouth (Ib owns the Residence Garden amongst others), some of the guys who like to stay there (myself included) may want to think twice about making reservations and not turning up.

Not only do you upset the owners / managers but you also take a room "out of supply" which could be used by other guests. You could be victim of this policy so if there are any "multiple room bookers" reading, please cut it out.

As this is coming from the horse's mouth (Ib owns the Residence Garden amongst others), some of the guys who like to stay there (myself included) may want to think twice about making reservations and not turning up.

Not only do you upset the owners / managers but you also take a room "out of supply" which could be used by other guests. You could be victim of this policy so if there are any "multiple room bookers" reading, please cut it out.

Or else !

so just what is your connection to ibber/the residance garden?

you are sarcastic and cutting about everyone/  and every other post except anything to do with residence garden.

and dont try denying it cos it just wont wash.

Maybe Ibber buys raffle tickets ??

I see it's all gone quiet over the raffle and Borenova was so sure it was going to work  ;D

SSSHHHHH the word is...............

hes flogging picures of Elvis on Velvet now

You aint seen me.........right

so just what is your connection to ibber/the residance garden?

you are sarcastic and cutting about everyone/  and every other post except anything to do with residence garden.

and dont try denying it cos it just wont wash.

No connection with Ib or the RG except as happy multiple repeat guest. No discounts received nor requested. So no story. I have even been known to criticise their food and location in previous posts.

As for Crackpot's "or else", well that was explained in my post. If selfish and discourteous people book numerous rooms at various hotels, or fail to cancel with sufficient notice, then we will all suffer as rates will rise to cover the loss.

As for paying deposits or paying up front etc. well this is just the first step along this road.

There have been many favourable reports about the RG (29 reviews with an 8.17 rating) so my commenting on the fact that I like it is hardly going against the common trend is it ?

As for FLT's "dont try denying it cos it just wont wash" well what can I say. You and the others who think I have multiple board IDs and business interests in all and sundry have been reading too many conspirosy books recently.

i just booked 1/13/04 5 days rate was 1350baht no credit card was needed. just stated if you cancel please notify as soon as possible.tried to bok the penthouse to much trouble.

In late Novemebr I tried to book 12/21 to 12/31 and couldn't get it at the RG. I'm booked into the Jomtien Boat house since I could never get a reliable confirmation from any of the Thai managed hotels.

I'm hoping some of you butterfly reservationists don't show up and I can switch into the RG. It sounds like it'd be fun if most of the guests are punters. If anybody want's to give up thier reservation for that time at the RG PM me

In late Novemebr I tried to book 12/21 to 12/31 and couldn't get it at the RG. I'm booked into the Jomtien Boat house since I could never get a reliable confirmation from any of the Thai managed hotels.

I'm hoping some of you butterfly reservationists don't show up and I can switch into the RG. It sounds like it'd be fun if most of the guests are punters. If anybody want's to give up thier reservation for that time at the RG PM me

I think your chances would be better than average. Hang out a bit at the pool and get friendly with the reception girls.