Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I booked a Mr T car to collect me from the airport,and everything was as it should be. Email confirmation was sent within minutes of my request. Driver was on time,sober,smart and careful. Car was clean.

I asked about Mr Ts operation and here's the score....Mr T owns all the vehicles himself,he maintains them,fuels them,pays all the parking and toll charges. The drivers....there are twenty of them....just drive. They get 150 baht for a one way journey from Patts to the airport and vice versa,but 350 if they have a fare in both directions.

So,for a driver taking a passenger to the airport,and then another back to Patts,the driver trousers 350 and Mr T 1550. If that goes off several times a day,and twenty drivers are working flat out,it's quite a lucrative operation.

As my driver said this morning,with a loud laugh,"Mr T a velly rich man".

was the drivers lips moving when he told you this?

On a side note, do these taxis need to pay the airport fee or are they rogue?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably took no notice and put it down to you they will see you as another winjin pom     Joe

I've used Mr T many times and never had any problem.

I guess that we need to thank the OP for updating us on the current Mr T service. This is always an issue when service starts to go downhill and it does with almost every business when they take their

Posted Images

Who cares? They have never failed me or my friends. When they do I will complain.

Jack

Yeah, he's average Just as likely to break down or drive like a maniac as any other service. He even overcharges to swampy for the privilege

You have to stop being so positive. You are totally wrong on most everything you post. But you have an entertainment value. Nobody believes you but you are humorous.

Jack

Yeah, he's average Just as likely to break down or drive like a maniac as any other service. He even overcharges to swampy for the privilege

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

I don't book a driver to pick me up at the airport. It just complicates things and I don't like waiting if the driver is late or doesn't show up at all. The last few trips to Pattaya, I have used the airport touts. You do have to negotiate because they will try to get an inflated fare. I really don't waste time, I tell them that I want a nice car and a good driver for 1,200 baht. The driver pays the tolls.

A taxi will take you a short distance from the airport and you will change to a private car. I have never had any problems. No waiting in airport taxi lines, the tout will take you directly to a waiting taxi. I only tip if the car and driver suit me. I never tip more than 200 baht.

If you are arriving at an airport, having someone fuck with you or your gear is not acceptable.

Can you beat this? I and and an Indian split the cost of an airport limousine because neither of us wanted to deal with the unreliability of the taxi stand taxis at Soonwanaboomboom airport. 400 baht was added to the 1200 baht base cost to have us delivered at different locations. Dropped the Indian off at soi 15 (Sukonit) then I was dropped off at soi 4/6. The Indian provided a tip without me suggesting it.