Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Oman Air has a bit of a sale on the go at the moment. Good deals both from the UK and from BKK. Under 1700 quid for biz class from LHR, and around 82k Baht if starting the trip in BKK. For their biz class - it's a bargain.

Tom,

Thanks for this. In your opinion how do they fare against Qatar?

I like Qatar, but can't match that price at the moment.

Cheers

IMHO, their biz class is probably the best 'value for money' product bar none. Economy is in a 2-4-2 configuration with a 34" seat pitch - that's as good as you'll get anywhere. Details of their services are here ... and Skytrax reviews are here (very few reviews of their long-haul services). Personally, if I had to go through LHR, I'd probably go with Oman in biz at the price. If I was going economy and Qatar was within 50 quid or so, I'd go with them just for the mileage accumulation. Unfortunately, I'm heading to Edinburgh for my next trip so it looks like Qatar via Doha or EVA/KLM via Amsterdam.

Edited by CheshireTom

I'm flying business and was planning to accumulate miles , but always interested to find out how the other operators fare.

Probably best to stick unless they are so much better than Qatar.

For space and layout, I think only Singapore's 777s are better than this (but a tad more expensive).

As for Qatar, I believe their A380s will have the same biz class seats as their Dreamliners ... so it may be more advantageous to bank the miles for the future.

Edited by CheshireTom

Very good product I have been with them for the last two years.

Sadly when I booked the price was well over 2 grand so did not book with them this year

Be Nice

Moby69

And how are things at Muscat airport?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest King_Midas

And how are things at Muscat airport?

Still down the steps currenty

New Terminal currently under construction. Airport at the moment gives the appearance of a Greek style

Hi,

My mate is flying to BKK with them next month. I don't fly with Arab airlines, that's just me.

You limit yourself then.

That is 4 good Carriers and competitive fare offerers you take off your options.

BA went off my 'options' some years ago for poor service, too many delay issues and an awful transfer at LHR.

I may try them again now that it is T5-T5. although being limited duty free wise.

Hi,

My mate is flying to BKK with them next month. I don't fly with Arab airlines, that's just me.

You limit yourself then.

That is 4 good Carriers and competitive fare offerers you take off your options.

BA went off my 'options' some years ago for poor service, too many delay issues and an awful transfer at LHR.

I may try them again now that it is T5-T5. although being limited duty free wise.

BA delays are good news. A four hour delay results in a refund of more than the full economy return cost.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

BA delays are good news. A four hour delay results in a refund of more than the full economy return cost.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

Well I priced them yesterday for Club Class and they were looking good until the taxes and charges went on and they ended up 20,000 baht over the cheapest. Too many overpriced UK charges!