Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Question to anyone staying at the R.G.

Last trip while staying at the Residence Garden (back in Dec.) there were several buildings going up behind the R.G. To anybody staying there now, how far along are the projects, is construction noise an issue, and what's your best guess as to when the buildings are completed? Thanks for any information in advance. I plan to be back there in May.

I stayed at the RG in January.  Didn't notice any noise from the building site.  Most mornings I slept to mid / late morning without any disturbance. From the look of it the building wont be finished by May - but I'd suggest you  check with Ib at the RG he would probably know. -Enjoy your trip. :P

Cueently staying at RG and the construction to the rear is going on everyday. Appears to be half finished.

How is the noise?  If I wanted to sleep in until 10 or 11 could I do it? Or is it to noisy?  Nail banging and such??

I am able to sleep in until about 10 every morning (with the help af Jim Beam) The hammering starts pretty early so depends how light a sleeper you are. What seems to be worse is the water delivery truck that comes 3-4 times a day and blasts his damn horn for what seems hours.

Construction is also taking place across the street but the road traffic drowns most of that out.

Ok. Thanks.  I emailed Ib and cancelled my reservation.

I'm a night owl and I certainly don't want to be woken at 8 or 9 in the morning.  That would only give me a couple hours of sleep..  ;D

Gotta applaud Ib.  I emailed my concerns and he's willing to work with me on the reservation.  If the noise gets objectionable he's offered to move me into another nearby suite.  I really enjoyed my stay at Residence Garden last year so I'm very happy to be able to stay there again.  See ya'll in about a month.

Ghost,

Please let us know how you get on. It is a valid point you make, in Thailand I keep late hours and like to sleep during the day. I am a light sleeper and find it hard to sleep well in Thailand.

Cheers,

Stump_Dog.

I am currently staying at RG. When I exit the room, I see that there is work being done. When in the room, even awake I don't hear anything.

The work is on the left side of the building (from the pool facing reception), and my room is on the right. I am sure that has to do with it as well. Anyway, I don't have any problem with it.

SF dude

Thanks for the report SF_Dude.  I was a little apprehensive about the noise.  I hope its not to quiet there.  I'd hate to keep all you punters awake with the moaning and screaming coming from my room.  ;D

Ghost  ............. Ask Ib for either 101,201.301, 401,501 or 601,  these rooms I believe to be the furthest from the noise in the main building. I was there during Dec & Jan for six weeks and I must admit I never heard a thing in room 401. However, at the time they were just laying bricks so it may be different now, but the further away you can get the better I guess. Have a good one & sanuk.  8) 8) 8) Cheers daveyh. [smiley=cheers.gif]

Stayed there from 17 Feb till 27 Feb and did not notice any noise problems. I was in room 402 if this makes a difference. Ib was helpful in shifting some friends around that did not have reservations to accomidate them.

Thanks for the update Davey,

I really thought about staying somewhere else on this trip but Ib and the staff were great on my first trip.  20 days till touchdown in Pattaya. [smiley=cheers.gif]