Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What might, generally, be the least expensive airport in England to fly to BKK.

My next trip will include a stopover in Stockton-On-Tees from the USA to BKK.

Just trying to figure out the most economical way to work it out.

Thanks

I think they are all pretty much the same cost wise.Its just a matter of trawling the net

for the best deal.

From Stockton on tees your nearest airport would probably be Newcastle upon tyne.Its worth noting

that you cannot fly direct to BKK from any airport outside of London.

You could also get the train direct to Manchester airport,which is the biggest in the north

of England.

Likely London due to the higher level of competition.

Also the only airport offering non-stop flights.

A quick check for June showed £467 using KLM from Manchester

And £452 from LHR using China Southern.

Stockton is a fair way from London but a train to Manchester is easy.

You could go from Newcastle.....(ay-up bonny lad) for £466, again KLM via Amsterdam.

Edited by jacko

Sailfast

It may be that because of UK airport taxes it may pay to book Newcastle-Amsterdam-Bangkok rather than UK-Bangkok. Although taxes are due to fall :) next year in the UK you pay more tax for the longer flights.

No doubt Cheshire Tom or another BM will give you the different options.

Getting a train from Stockton via Darlington to London should take just over 3 hours, a ticket bought in advance but collected on the day wouldn't be too expensive.

Thanks boys. Very helpful. Searching as a multi stop is giving me all sorts of itineraries. In 2007 I vowed never to fly BA again but it seems they might be my best alternative from NY/Boston - England - Bangkok - NY

And yes I'll be a Bonnie lad in the Newcastle clubs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sailfast

I live in Stockton on Tees, the nearest airport is Durham Tees Valley (formally Teesside) Have flown Teesside/Amsterdam/Bangkok with KLM in the past.

If you choose the Newcastle route , beware, the fat slappers there wear less clothing than the fat slappers in Smoggyland.

Teesside, damn, I thought there was another airport around there.

I look for the Nigerian slappers. Tall and black as a moonless night. :) Seemed to be a lot about last time I was in Newcastle.

Edited by Sailfast
  • 1 month later...

I got an e-mail from Eva today, Premium Laurel is £1998 inc for LHR-BKK return if booking before June 20th? for travel until next year but not over Christmas.

I got an e-mail from Eva today, Premium Laurel is £1998 inc for LHR-BKK return if booking before June 20th? for travel until next year but not over Christmas.

There's always a " but."....! on these tickets......... :shame: