Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 222 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Minix Neo X7 MINI media Tv boxes For Sale

Yes I got what I thought was a good deal for 30/3 for about 890 baht pcm, although there were some initial charges for the first month. Mine is cable. It includes a TV box, but I don't use it really. It certainly seemed attractive over my TOT ADSL which was 2/0.5 rated, but rarely met that and too frequently was 0/0 :D

I got the TRUE 30/3 cable too..there were no initial charges when I signed up..all included free. They tacked on the TV box (I think it's 100b or so) and I'll probably remove that..damned thing has its own cable coming down my wall into the box which I wasn't prepared for.

So far, aside from a glitch that happened when I ran uTorrent that stopped all other sites from loading on my laptop (since fixed by some changes to the wifi router), the performance is superb.

I'm loving it and if I had to move to get it, well, I'm okay with that too :P

3975313183.png

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can answer that!   Yes, they are just Android boxes (think Android smartphone with HDMI output and a remote) that work off the internet...they work everywhere you have WIFI access and internet co

After the disappointment of not being able to run the box in my hotel last month as their television was prehistoric (maybe I could have bought a HDMI to phono set of leads?) I set about hunting for a

I just bought lanzlad's Minix M8 box for travelling and my second TV room. It's crisp operating and gets a ton of channels.   I've just cancelled my NFL Game Pass subscription in the (perhaps too op

Posted Images

I got the TRUE 30/3 cable too..there were no initial charges when I signed up..all included free. They tacked on the TV box (I think it's 100b or so) and I'll probably remove that..damned thing has its own cable coming down my wall into the box which I wasn't prepared for.

So far, aside from a glitch that happened when I ran uTorrent that stopped all other sites from loading on my laptop (since fixed by some changes to the wifi router), the performance is superb.

I'm loving it and if I had to move to get it, well, I'm okay with that too :P

3975313183.png

Just to clarify.Are you saying your Minix works perfectly with this package from True.I only ask because at the

moment im stuck with True,but my mInix performance is,well for want of a better word CRAP..

Just to clarify.Are you saying your Minix works perfectly with this package from True.I only ask because at the

moment im stuck with True,but my mInix performance is,well for want of a better word CRAP..

The questions you should be asking MM is what kind of package is he on with TRUE and is it a dedicated line into his own house.

Now if your in a condo block they'll open all the restrictions on the streaming as TRUE cannot control the amount per condo.

If you live in a house and have your own dedicated line TRUE can control your streaming and if you have the full package from TRUE which i think is around 2'700 baht and your on TRUE IP TV then the box works fine.

Remember its NOT the box its the internet service provider.

If your in doubt your welcome to try your but in my condo and I'm on 3BB and i'll show you that everything works fine.

I'm on a dedicated cable connection to a house.

I run two Android boxes, one a MINIX X8 from lanzalad. They both work fine for everything we have tried.

I haven't tried a live TV stream yet. I only use Live TV for American Football, and I've been unable to stay awake long enough to see the games I am interested in during real-time.

As i understand lanzalad's posts, the live streams are the ones that don't work. Or is it all streams on TRUE? I'm not sure where the problem with TRUE is supposed to be. As I said, the Minix seems to work fine so far.

Yes there's one we set up for customers that don't use pattaya forums.

Yes here the link

http://forum.freetvpattaya.com

Okay, I signed up there back in early Nov, but wasn't sure if it was being monitored or active, since you have an apparently more active subforum elsewhere.

I'll post a question there and see if I get an answer :P

The questions you should be asking MM is what kind of package is he on with TRUE and is it a dedicated line into his own house.

Now if your in a condo block they'll open all the restrictions on the streaming as TRUE cannot control the amount per condo.

If you live in a house and have your own dedicated line TRUE can control your streaming and if you have the full package from TRUE which i think is around 2'700 baht and your on TRUE IP TV then the box works fine.

Remember its NOT the box its the internet service provider.

If your in doubt your welcome to try your but in my condo and I'm on 3BB and i'll show you that everything works fine.

Phil im not complaining about the box,you warned me beforehand that it will not work properly with my True

connection.

I was just trying to assertain that if in the future i am only able to get a True internet in my condo,that True can work properly.If i get my own line.

Edited by pattysteve

Phil im not complaining about the box,you warned me beforehand that it will not work properly with my True

connection.

I was just trying to assertain that if in the future i am only able to get a True internet in my condo,that True can work properly.If i get my own line.

No mate i'm not saying your complaining about the minix box but i think its hard for people to understand how it can work on other internet service provider and not on TRUE.

From what i've seen having your own line very much depends on if you buy the iptv from TRUE then they open the streaming for you.

No mate i'm not saying your complaining about the minix box but i think its hard for people to understand how it can work on other internet service provider and not on TRUE.

From what i've seen having your own line very much depends on if you buy the iptv from TRUE then they open the streaming for you.

What do you mean when you say "streaming"?

Essentially everything on the android is streamed, whether from XBMC or any of the other applications.

I was thinking you meant only LIVE TV streaming, but I don't see how that's any different than streaming from YIFY or BBC4 or any other non locally stored content.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just taken in stock of the latest units of the MINIX X6 at 4'500 baht and the MINIX X8-H Plus for only 6'500 baht

All the boxes are ready for installation or posting which is FREE anywhere in Thailand.

MINIX NEO X6

X6.jpg

MINIX NEO X8-H PLUS

X8-plus.jpg

Both boxes come with the H.265 / HEVC Hardware Decoding Support

The NEO X6 comes with 1080p H.265 / HEVC Hardware Decoding support.

H.265 / HEVC is the future of video compression - offering nearly double the compression ratio compared to H.264, its predecessor, at the same level of video quality.

X-hevc.jpg

You can message me on here or call me on 0800 460 782

Edited by lanzalad

Hi Phil,

Just a couple of questions 1. i cant seem to find BBC Knowledge,can you direct me to it.

2.Is CTH on any of the apps,if not is there any chance you might get CTH in the future.

Edited by pattysteve

Ive messaged you back but no responce.

A response has been sent..

i admit i've been busy with family friends visiting from the UK and christmas so i've not been on the forum that much.

Edited by lanzalad

OK so heres my up to date report on the Minix box.

I couldnt understand why i could watch 1080 films on my laptop but couldnt watch live tv at very poor quality with the box.Obviously i had concerns that somehow the box was at fault,however Lanzalad took time out to invite me to his condo to check my box on his 3BB internet provider,surprise surprise everything worked fine,Lanzalad explained that my True internet was blocking streaming to Minix because it recognised it as being a media device.

So i guess if you want your Minix to work perfectly DO NOT HAVE TRUE INTERNET.

ps another tip i got from Lanzalad aka Phil was to use a remote mouse imo much better than the airmouse and thanx to his girlfriend,picked one up from Tesco lotus for 209B.

Thanx Phil for your time.

Not being very techie,im sure if i got something not quite right Phil will correct me.

ps another tip i got from Lanzalad aka Phil was to use a remote mouse imo much better than the airmouse and thanx to his girlfriend,picked one up from Tesco lotus for 209B.

What do these "remote mouses" look like? Can someone post a picture? I know lanzalad has a keyboard, trackball mouse device, but I find it hard to believe that's only 209 baht...if so, great.

What do these "remote mouses" look like? Can someone post a picture? I know lanzalad has a keyboard, trackball mouse device, but I find it hard to believe that's only 209 baht...if so, great.

Martin they look like an ordinary mouse,just no cable,as i said mine was indeed 209B from Tesco on soi arunothai,make sure it has a central wheel for scrolling.

All you need is 1 AA battery and away you go,mine works great and the mouse is about 10 feet from the box.

Edited by pattysteve

Martin they look like an ordinary mouse,just no cable,as i said mine was indeed 209B from Tesco on soi arunothai,make sure it has a central wheel for scrolling.

All you need is 1 AA battery and away you go,mine works great and the mouse is about 10 feet from the box.

Ah, okay. I know what you mean. I have one attached wirelessly to my laptop, but didn't know they'd work with the MINIX as well.

Thanks!

OK so heres my up to date report on the Minix box.

I couldnt understand why i could watch 1080 films on my laptop but couldnt watch live tv at very poor quality with the box.Obviously i had concerns that somehow the box was at fault,however Lanzalad took time out to invite me to his condo to check my box on his 3BB internet provider,surprise surprise everything worked fine,Lanzalad explained that my True internet was blocking streaming to Minix because it recognised it as being a media device.

So i guess if you want your Minix to work perfectly DO NOT HAVE TRUE INTERNET.

Thanx Phil for your time.

Not being very techie,im sure if i got something not quite right Phil will correct me.

Yes mate thats about right and like i've said before it goes with any media streaming device as its not just the minix box.

When you use your internet your provider has all sorts of info from your devices i.e. make model and type of device and this lets the provider throttle your devices in two ways 1. on your router and 2. at the providers end.

i do get asked why does You Tube work then? this is because YouTube i.e. google have a server in almost every country with dedicated feeds to every other server for google.

This gives you the steady flow on streaming and works in almost any country.

i run a simple test when installing the boxes, the first two apps i run are high demand on international streaming and i see how they perform then i run two apps on servers in bangkok and i compere them both and this gives me some sort of idea on how much the service provider will be throttling your bandwidth on international streaming.

Internet companies that throttling your bandwidth on international streaming.

3BB = don't have any at all 100% open.

CAT = don't have any at all 100% open.

TOT = your may experience some throttling your bandwidth on international streaming but by calling the office this can be lifted.

Sophon cable = your may experience some throttling your bandwidth on international streaming but by calling the office and they'll send a guy out and when he looks at the minix box he calls the office and in 10 minutes all the restrictions are lifted.

TRUE = if your on the standard package on TRUE they will block all your streaming but if your on the full package with IP TV thrown in then the bandwidth on international streaming is lifted

This has been my findings after installing many boxes all over Thailand now and i ask every customer which provider and which package and i've found the 13 MGPS from 3BB at the price of 970 per month to be the best one.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a look at the NEW LIVE TV kept on my own server and updated by my self.

All you need is the minix box and your away.

FREE installation in Pattaya and surrounding areas

FREE postage to anywhere in Thailand

700 baht to the UK USA and Australia

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_49_51.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_50_05.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_50_21.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_50_31.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_50_38.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_50_48.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_50_56.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_51_04.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_51_12.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_51_21.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_51_30.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_51_37.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_51_46.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_51_55.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_52_04.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_52_13.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_52_32.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_52_48.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_52_55.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_54_38.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_54_56.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_55_09.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_55_31.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_55_38.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_55_46.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_55_55.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_56_03.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_56_13.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_56_32.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_56_40.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_56_48.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_56_56.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_57_04.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_57_12.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_57_20.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_57_27.jpeg

Screen Shot2015-01-08 08_57_36.jpeg

Edited by lanzalad
  • 4 weeks later...

At last my long awaited two shipments has just turned up yesterday afternoon.

Just to let everyone know I’m now fully stocked up with the minix neo x8-H plus with the new air remote A2 lite

The price is 6'500 baht I can install from today onwards or post free to anywhere in Thailand.

Here's my number if anyone is interested 0800 460 782

X8-H Plus 01.jpg

X8-H Plus 02.jpg

X8-H Plus 03.jpg

X8-H Plus 04.jpg

ALL PREMIUM LINKS PAID FOR BY MY SELF TO HOST.

EVERY CHANNEL LISTED BELOW IS NOW ON 6 SERVERS ACROSS THE WORLD.

THIS ALLOWS YOU TO TRAVEL WITH YOUR MINIX BOX & THE CHANNELS WILL STILL WORK WHERE EVER YOU GO.

LIFE STLE CHANNELS

BBC One

BBC Two

BBC Three

ITV 1

ITV 2

ITV 4 S1

E4

More 4

RTÉ One

RTÉ Two

E!

UK GOLD

Dave

Food Network

Sky 2

Syfy Channel

Universal Channel

Comedy Central

CBS Reality

CBS Drama

True Drama

True Entertainment

Showcase 2

FOX

MOVIE CHANNELS

Sky Movies Modern Greats

Sky Movies Family

Sky Movies Premiere

Sky Movies Drama

Sky Movies Select

Sky Movies Sci-Fi

Sky Movies Comedy

Sky Thriller

Sky Movies Action

Horror channel

Disney Movies

True Movies 1

True Movies 2

DOCUMENTARY CHANNELS

Discovery Channel

Discovery Science

Discovery Home + Health

Discovery Turbo

Discovery History

History Channel

Animal Planet

TLC

National Geographic

Nat Geo Wild

Crime UK

Quest

ID

Motors TV

Travel Channel

NEWS CHANNELS

CNN

Sky News

Fox News

Sky Sports News

SPORTS CHANNELS

BT Sport 1

BT Sport 2

At The Races UK

Racing UK

EUROSPORT

British Eurosport

ESPN

KIDS CHANNELS

Disney Channel

Disney Junior

Nickelodeon

Disney XD

NickToons

Baby TV

MUSIC VIDEO CHANNELS

MTV Dance

VH1 Classic

Chart Show TV

Channel AKA

Tiny Pop UK

Tiny Pop +1

POP UK

Kix UK

Kix+1

The Vault

PopGirl UK

Flava UK

Bliss UK

Scuzz UK

Chart Show Dance UK

Plus many more channels ............. i don't want to list ....!

We can also hook you up with a server broadcasting UK & USA TV from Bangkok for 350 baht per month.

Here's the channels list

1005. Movie Hits (English)

1077. Fox Thailand (English)

1082. Cartoon Club (Alt. Audio)

1115. CNBC

1116. BBC News

1118. Bloomberg TV

1146. CNN

1148. Fox News

1228. Screen RED (Alt. Audio)

1230. Fox Family HD (English)

1231. Fox Premium HD (English)

1237. Film Asia (Alt. Audio)

1238. Asian Series (Alt. Audio)

1239. Series (English)

1261. Fox Action Movies HD (English)

1263. FX HD (English)

1265. Star World HD (English)

1267. WB TV (English)

1302. Star Chinese Movies HD

1320. CBS Reality

1322. Sky Movies Premiere

1323. Sky Movies Family

1324. Sky Movies Action Adventure

1325. Sky Movies Drama

1326. Sky Movies Comedy

1327. Sky Atlantic

1329. Sky Modern Greats

1330. Sky Movies Sci-Fi

1331. Sky Movies Thriller

1332. Sky Movies Disney

1333. Sky Living

1334. Inside (Alt. Audio)

1335. Sky 1

1336. Sky 2

1340. Drama (UK)

1341. BBC1

1342. BBC2

1343. BBC3

1344. BBC4

1350. Xzyte (Alt. Audio)

1362. AXN HD (English)

1363. Food Network HD (English)

1381. Comedy Central (UK)

1432. ITV 1

1433. ITV 2

1434. ITV 3

1435. ITV 4

1436. Channel 4

1437. E4

1438. 4 Seven HD

1440. Film 4

1441. Channel 5 (UK)

1444. Disney XD (English)

1445. Toon Channel (Alt. Audio)

1446. Spark (Alt. Audio)

1447. Disney Channel (English)

1555. Discovery HD World (English)

1556. History HD (English)

1557. H2 (English)

1558. National Geographic HD (English)

1559. Explore 1 (English)

1560. Explore 2 (English)

1561. Explore 3 (English)

1565. DMAX (English)

1566. TLC (English)

1567. Animal Planet (UK)

1568. BBC Knowledge (English)

1570. Discovery Channel (UK)

1615. Nat Geo People (English)

1666. T Sport HD 1 (English)

1667. T Sport HD 2 (English)

1669. T Sport HD 4 (English)

1670. Tennis HD (English)

1674. NBA HD (English)

1675. Golf Channel HD (English)

1676. BeIN HD (English)

1682. T Sport 2 (English)

1686. T Sport 7 (English)

1687. Fox Sports HD (English)

1688. Fox Sports 2 (English)

1689. Fox Sports 3 (English)

1701. SuperSport

1702. SuperSport 2

1703. SuperSport 3

1709. G Club Channel (English)

1710. G Football Plus

1721. HD Arena 1 (English)

1722. HD Arena 2 (English)

1723. HD Arena 3 (English)

1724. HD Arena 4 (English)

1725. HD Arena 5 (English)

1727. HD Arena X (English)

1742. BT Sport 1

1743. BT Sport 2

1744. Sky Sports 1

1745. Sky Sports 2

1746. Sky Sports 3

1747. Sky Sports 4

1748. Sky Sports 5

1749. At The Races (UK)

1750. Sky Sports F1

1754. Sky Sports News

1757. Box Nation

1758. ESPN (UK)

1760. Eurosport UK

1761. Eurosport 2 UK

1771. SuperSport HD

1772. SuperSport 2 HD

1773. SuperSport 3 HD

3006. Canal + Cinema (France)

9721. HD Arena 1 (Backup)

9722. HD Arena 2 (Backup)

9723. HD Arena 3 (Backup)

9724. HD Arena 4 (Backup)

9725. HD Arena 5 (Backup)

Phil, how easy is it to take this with you wherever you go when your out and about travelling?

I mean, if you travel alot, can you just plug this into your laptop and start watching?

Phil, how easy is it to take this with you wherever you go when your out and about travelling?

I mean, if you travel alot, can you just plug this into your laptop and start watching?

Firth, the MINIX has an HDMI output as does your laptop. So plugging the HDMI from the MINIX into your laptop is not likely to work, since both are output, not input.

As to your question, they are great to travel with, but you need to plug them into a proper TV with HDMI input. Oh, and of course, you'll need a decent WIFI connection for streaming.

I travel with one, and I bring a USB disk with lots of downloaded content, which I then can watch if I don't have a decent internet connection.

As martin say the HDMI is an output on your laptop and so is mine but i'm told that some laptops are in/out but it was the first i'd heard of it.

Finding a good place to stay in town with LCD or LED tv's and good internet is hard going.

As i know you do travel a lot and it would be good to use when ever you travel but only if it works.

I travel to udon thani often so i found a hotel with LED tv and good internet so I'm sorted out , home from home sort of thing.