Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Its been about 10 years since I was last in Pattaya, so I'm sure a lot has changed (for example you don't get seventy-odd baht to the quid any more!). I have a week free at the beginning of January and was toying with the idea of popping over, so I'd appreciate it if you good folks could answer me a couple of questions.

Has the rise of the gogo and decline of the beer bar continued? Are there still plenty of good old fashioned beer bars?

Whats the going rate for bar fine/LT? (I was never an ST fan)

I used to always stay at the Residence Garden but that appears to be full. Can anyone recommend anywhere comparable please?

Many thanks

Its been about 10 years since I was last in Pattaya, so I'm sure a lot has changed (for example you don't get seventy-odd baht to the quid any more!). I have a week free at the beginning of January and was toying with the idea of popping over, so I'd appreciate it if you good folks could answer me a couple of questions.

Has the rise of the gogo and decline of the beer bar continued? Are there still plenty of good old fashioned beer bars?

Whats the going rate for bar fine/LT? (I was never an ST fan)

I used to always stay at the Residence Garden but that appears to be full. Can anyone recommend anywhere comparable please?

Many thanks

There are still many many beer bars. Although those in the Walking St area have surprising prices for a beer and a ladydrink...similar to GoGos. Beer bar areas have sprung up in new places to replace the old areas that vanished, not so many on Beach Rd now, Some are centres for very low prices (New Plaza). Soi 7 still has a lot too.

Bar Fine prices.... beer bars can be 300-700 baht, an LT 1500-2500, again beer bar. GG Bar prices, Check this out.

It is going to be busy in January..... try using Agoda or Tripadvisor to get an idea of availability. Maybe Nova Park?

Edited by jacko