Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Jomtien Plaza, a few foodie experiences.

Jomtien Plaza... Chicken Cordon bleu...

Generous portion of the chicken breast, average ham, poor portion of cheese... OK, I’m understand the small portion of the cheese, but... I can’t understand in the Pattaya restaurants ( not only here ) if the cheese is a filling it will be the cheap in other countries, but more expensive in thailand chip cream cheese ... I guess only the lazyness.... It was freshly made and tasted really good, the meat was tender and juicy ( not the usual dry chicken breast ) the breading still crispy... The fries were freshly made and crispy as I like it... The pleasant surprise were the veggies, just cooked right, still crispy...

Price: 150 baht ... ( no service fee, VAT tricks )

Verdict: Very good value, despite of the „ farang tax „ the meal was tasty, fresh and filled my belly...

cordon1.jpg

cordon2.jpg

cordon3.jpg

Seems fair, for 150 baht.

Rather light on the chips and veggies.

Pad thai gai

My order was the pad thai with chicken... pretty good portion to fill my belly, the amount of the chicken and veggies was ok... but it was still a mess... first of all it was somehow more red coloured, than it has to be and I swear I tasted the taste of the ketchup... maybe an innovative try, but I don’t liked it at all... the lack of the grounded peanuts was annoying, just like the dry and hard unedible thai tofu cubes... Verdict: unedible even for the reasonable 60 baht price...

plazapadthai.jpg

Pad see you with chicken... I tried only a bite... it was Ok, thanx God, no any innovative tries, also a decent portion with enough veggies and chicken meat...but nothing special to mention... unless the new trend I can’t understand... the deep frozen veggies in the food... ( see the piece of carrot ) Poor quality of the ingredients and much more expensive, than to use fresh ingredients.... again... probably only the laziness... Otherways the usual street food in a nice environment for the same prices...Good value for 60 baht....

plazapadseeyu.jpg

The soda water for 25 baht was surprising, even in our overpriced pool side restaurant it costs 20 baht...

• Upvote 1

I think I pay 50 baht for a soda water at Rosie's ! :scared:

The use of "ketchup" is in general, not frowned upon by Far Eastern chefs the way that is by Western chefs and food snobs. Indonesian cuisine uses it a lot for sure, and I have seen several Asian cooks on tv :blush: :whistling: extolling it's virtues as a culinery ingredient! However, I do accept that Pad Thai at the Jomtien Plaza is not really "haute cuisine"! :lol:

Jomtien Plaza... again...

I start with the moral of the story: If you find a good food in a relative cheap restaurant, stick to this food and don’t experiment if you are not in explorer mood. For me Boat bakery means beef noodle soup, Jomtien Plaza means cordon bleu...

The Jomtien pizza.. for the forst sight it was ok... for the first bite it was a nightmare. It wasn’t a pizza and hard to explain what it was. The topping was tasty and enough, ( tuna, bell pepper, sauce ) including the cheese, it was done nicely... BUT... the dough was someting like a piece of fresh TESCO brad, the topping was hot, the dough was cold. I just guess a deep frozen pizza with the restaurant’s toppings, heated obviously from upside only.

Verdict: If I’m not so hungry ( waited 30 minutes for this ) I would order a cordon bleu, what my friend ordered and I looked on his meal jealously... the 150 baht for this creature was a highway robbery...

jpizza.jpg

jpizza1.jpg

If you are at the intersection where Tappraya turns towards the beach (location of the Hannuman statue), the Jomtien Plaza is on the southwest corner, west of Jomtien 2nd road and south of Tappraya. I haven't been to the place Gabor reviewed so can't help you beyond that.