Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I know a lot of BMs stay in this hotel, and this is just a "relayed" warning from a very good friend of mine staying at SS at the moment, who MAY find this sort of thing important. There are currently 2 noise problems with the hotel affecting the "Seaview rooms". One (which is temporary) is a bit of construction racket going on in the Whitedel condo next door, involving the normal grinding "screech" and chipping type noises; but they are reasonably considerate with this, and times seem to be restricted to between 1200 and 1800. This has been going on for a few weeks now. The second one will not be temporary, and that is to quote the fellow " the infernal racket" coming out of Hooters between about 1900 and 0200. Personally, that would not bother me too much, as I would be out normally for most of that time. The problem with Hooters is that it seems to have a retractable roof, which is opened through the night, and have a very loud band/sound system. Those who retire early, or take the "occasional night off" may be inconvenienced, and if anyone stays at Apex or Haven they may also have problems with that; I would imagine the other Soi 13 hotels would be "sheltered" as such.

Not a desperate problem in both cases, but worth bearing in mind for future patrons. My friend says he will be going elsewhere, for the first time since the hotel opened, on his next visit. I'll believe it when I see it! He is the epitome of "a man of habit"!

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the information!

Does the noise from Hooters only affect the "Seaview" type rooms?

I would imagine so, the Soi 13 facing (slightly cheaper) rooms should be Ok, for both noise sources.

So Golden Crab Inn would geta bit of noise?

I'm just guessing Kev, but I think that the Crab would be reasonably sheltered by the Apex. The problem with the Sandy Spring is that those sea view rooms are directly facing the place and unobstructed. Apparently you can almost look inside Hooters through the open roof, from the upper floors.

I never really think about these open air music venues. In the past I have frequently been disturbed by festivals, which occur on open land or within temple grounds and last 4 days to a week. I stayed in Nova Park long term once and the music festival at the back of there disturbed even my gregarious sleeping schedule. These usually last a week, near Hooters you got it 365 days/ year, 366 this year!

I'm just guessing Kev, but I think that the Crab would be reasonably sheltered by the Apex. The problem with the Sandy Spring is that those sea view rooms are directly facing the place and unobstructed. Apparently you can almost look inside Hooters through the open roof, from the upper floors.

Thanks for the info Fatboyfat, appreciated....

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at Sandy numerous times over the years, and have been a big advocate for the seaview deluxe, 7-8 floor. . I have not been there for two years, though the last two trips I got upper respiratory infections which I suspect was from the Air Con. From time to time I've tolerated construction both inside and outside, though I was actually planning on staying on a lower floor with a pool, or seaview to get in on the member rate. My question is 1) Where exactly is Hooters located?, and how loud is it?

OBLA DEE BROS

I have stayed at Sandy numerous times over the years, and have been a big advocate for the seaview deluxe, 7-8 floor. . I have not been there for two years, though the last two trips I got upper respiratory infections which I suspect was from the Air Con. From time to time I've tolerated construction both inside and outside, though I was actually planning on staying on a lower floor with a pool, or seaview to get in on the member rate. My question is 1) Where exactly is Hooters located?, and how loud is it?

OBLA DEE BROS

Where the Swiss Bar used to be.... you can locate it on Google Maps.

Very loud when I was in there.

I also used stay at the Sandy Spring in the 8th floor sea facing suites. There were always some noisy bars on Soi 13/1 which you could hear late at night. I imagine Hooters can only be the same, maybe at a higher decibel level. The bar music never stopped me from sleeping.

I heard it first hand earlier this week when visiting my mate. It was pretty bad, with some awful caterwauling female vocalist totally murdering Coldplay and that Tommy song (All about Eve????) amongst other tracks. He was on 6th floor; I would not much like the level of racket being pumped out if I were staying there, but it alledgedly is only bad between 1900 & 0130 with the live bands.

Edited by Fatboyfat