Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Happy to read this story. I like having the option to go to a salad restaurant (away from the Beach Road places as Sizzlers).

The menu looks good and I will try the place for sure.

Can you give me an indiction about the location (i.e. coming from Jomtien it's on the left / right side etc). Note that I am not on facebook.

Thanks for your review.

Have fun !

Happy to read this story. I like having the option to go to a salad restaurant (away from the Beach Road places as Sizzlers).

The menu looks good and I will try the place for sure.

Can you give me an indiction about the location (i.e. coming from Jomtien it's on the left / right side etc). Note that I am not on facebook.

Thanks for your review.

Have fun !

Coming from Jomtien, it's on the right, just after the Le Baguette and the provincial court house entrance. It's well up the hill, but before the summit.

Eggs Benedict at Laong's Bistro on Jomtien 2nd Roadb429371b5c823a0883f3c700f56b27cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it normally served with (what looks to me like) a broken poached egg and salmon?

• Upvote 1

Hilarious MM. The Smoked Salmon is the Royale version of our eggs Benedict which can also be ordered with bacon or smoked ham. The egg has been delicately sliced to demonstrate the cooked state when served.

• Upvote 1

Eggs Benedict is a tricky dish to make and it doesn't allow for substitutions. The Hollandaise sauce has to be freshly made as it doesn't tolerate long periods under heat. American-style side (streaky) bacon doesn't go well with Hollandaise, so it has to be the leaner, more subtly flavored Canadian-style back bacon. The eggs have to be poached properly, which depends on split-second timing, and it has to be a muffin as the base because bread gets too soggy, even when toasted. It's a lot for a busy chef to get right, which is why many restaurants don't offer it. Just like the little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead in the nursery rhyme, when eggs Benedict is good, it is very, very good, but when it is bad, it is horrid.

Evil

:devil

Hilarious MM. The Smoked Salmon is the Royale version of our eggs Benedict which can also be ordered with bacon or smoked ham. The egg has been delicately sliced to demonstrate the cooked state when served.

Regarding the sliced egg, that's something you should mention.

If you extrapolate eggs Benedict to eggs Benedict Royale, have at it, but as Evil points out, the "real deal" is as described.

I've had your eggs Benedict and found the hollandaise sauce lacking. As I recall, it was a bit sour, perhaps due to too much lemon.

This was, I believe, shortly after you opened or added eggs Benedict to your menu.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Laong's Bistro on Jomtien 2nd Road

is that across from Rompho market ? That picture looks good enough to eat. I've never had eggs Benedict and want to try them.

No John, we are further along 2nd road, between Soi 9 & Soi 11. Check out our Facebook page for directions or search us on Google maps

If you extrapolate eggs Benedict to eggs Benedict Royale, have at it, but as Evil points out, the "real deal" is as described.

I think this is a bit harsh. Many dishes are varied from the original but still referred to just the same as the original. Take a look at a Google search for Eggs Benedict and you'll see countless variations, just as with many other dishes.

• Upvote 3

Regarding the sliced egg, that's something you should mention.

I've had your eggs Benedict and found the hollandaise sauce lacking. As I recall, it was a bit sour, perhaps due to too much lemon.

This was, I believe, shortly after you opened or added eggs Benedict to your menu.

Time to try us again then my friend. Ask for Robert when you arrive, I'll be happy to serve you personally

I think this is a bit harsh. Many dishes are varied from the original but still referred to just the same as the original. Take a look at a Google search for Eggs Benedict and you'll see countless variations, just as with many other dishes.

Not harsh at all. Eggs Benedict is fairly simple to describe with its ingredients.

Getting it right is altogether another thing.

Variations from the original should be called out for the consumer.

The standard doesn't use salmon, Parma ham, streaky bacon, spam in a can or other substitutes at the whim of the purveyor.

Given perfect hollandaise, perfect back bacon, perfectly poached eggs, the muffin base is the hardest thing to get right in Thailand.

The Coffee Club did everything right except they had no muffins and substituted ciabatta, but that was also mentioned on the menu. It was a very good substitute, and I'd order it again.

Time to try us again then my friend. Ask for Robert when you arrive, I'll be happy to serve you personally

I'll give yours another try. You've had adequate time to perfect the dish by now.

Not harsh at all. Eggs Benedict is fairly simple to describe with its ingredients.

Getting it right is altogether another thing.

Variations from the original should be called out for the consumer.

The standard doesn't use salmon, Parma ham, streaky bacon, spam in a can or other substitutes at the whim of the purveyor.

Given perfect hollandaise, perfect back bacon, perfectly poached eggs, the muffin base is the hardest thing to get right in Thailand.

The Coffee Club did everything right except they had no muffins and substituted ciabatta, but that was also mentioned on the menu. It was a very good substitute, and I'd order it again.

My guess is that the hollandaise would be the most difficult thing to get right consistently,I imagine that most places would use a ready made mix and not fresh yolks

and butter.

Poached eggs,hollandaise,muffins should be there bacon,ham,smoked salmon,chorizo,spinach or anything you choose to use is allowed as long as it's specified on the menu.

• 2 weeks later...

An update from a recent meal at Wooden Box. My friend had the salad (giant portion) and rib-eye steak; I had the chicken tacos and sea bass baked in parchment with riceberry rice and quinoa. Both were very good and value for money. I'll upload the pics first while I have a fast Internet connection and get back with more text later.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

3b.jpg

3c.jpg

3d.jpg

3e.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

5ab.jpg

5b.jpg

6.jpg

6a.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...

Mostly looks good......I heard about this place from two gay blokes at my gym who swear by it.

Must give it a try when I'm not in salad dodging mode.......

As for 'EB' I've only had Eggs Benedict' once and that was at the Bourbon ST Hotel in Washington Square.......It was recommended as one of the best example to be had anywhere.

Not my thing...

Never wanted to ever try another one.