Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Typhoon Talim - EVA (and other) flights

I am booked on BR68 EVA flight from BKK to LHR tomorrow, and have just tried to do on-line check-in.

I am unable to do so and get this notice:

EVA 2.jpg

I hadn't heard about Talim but a bit of Googling has given up this:

http://thegate.boardingarea.com/travel-alert-september-2017-typhoon-talim-to-affect-taiwan-and-eastern-china/

If you are traveling to or from anywhere in Taiwan or eastern China over the next few days, expect delays and cancellations of flights. Keep up to date on the latest information pertaining to this tropical weather system which may adversely affect your travel plans. Better yet, postponing or canceling your trip might be a better option — no matter which mode of travel you plan on taking.

If you have a flight scheduled, your flight may be delayed or canceled — and you may be eligible for a waiver of a fee to change your itinerary. If you are driving in any of these areas, watch out for deteriorating weather conditions and traffic problems.

Here are five airlines which have issued travel alerts as a result of this tropical weather system:

• United Airlines has issued a travel alert for Taipei for Tuesday, September 12, 2017 through Thursday, September 14, 2017; and Sunday, September 17, 2017 is the last day on which tickets must be reissued and rebooked travel must begin.
  • Eva Air has issued a travel alert for both airports which serve Taipei for Wednesday, September 13, 2017 through Thursday, September 14, 2017. Many flights have already been canceled. Contact the airline for information pertaining to changes in your itinerary.
  • Singapore Airlines has issued a travel alert for Taipei for Wednesday, September 13, 2017 pertaining to the rescheduling of two flights.
  • Hong Kong Airlines has issued a travel alert for Taipei for Wednesday, September 13, 2017 through Thursday, September 14, 2017 pertaining to the canceling and rescheduling of several flights.
  • Cathay Pacific Airways has issued a travel alert for Taipei for Wednesday, September 13, 2017 through Thursday, September 14, 2017; and Thursday, September 21, 2017 is the last day on which tickets must be reissued and rebooked travel must begin. Ten flights have already been canceled.

Give Eva uk office a call in London 0207 3808300 they might be able to advise, but the chances are the line will be busy, if so it goes to answerphone then cuts you off! Most annoying.

Here's a link to Taipei airport departures (edited link, the last one was shit)

http://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/flight_depart

Keep and eye on Flightradar24 as well, look for BR067 leaving Taipei around 0900 Taipei time , which is around 0100 / 0200 UK time it gets into Bkk around 1100 am and makes the br067 out to London, which in turn makes br068 out of London the same evening. I'm not 100% sure on the timings from Taipei but it is around then. It's also a codeshare flight so might show up as br067, tg6303 or AI7053, I think.

Edited by Butch

Give Eva uk office a call in London 0207 3808300 they might be able to advise, but the chances are the line will be busy, if so it goes to answerphone then cuts you off! Most annoying.

Here's a link to Taipei airport departures (edited link, the last one was shit)

http://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/flight_depart

Keep and eye on Flightradar24 as well, look for BR067 leaving Taipei around 0900 Taipei time , which is around 0100 / 0200 UK time it gets into Bkk around 1100 am and makes the br067 out to London, which in turn makes br068 out of London the same evening. I'm not 100% sure on the timings from Taipei but it is around then. It's also a codeshare flight so might show up as br067, tg6303 or AI7053, I think.

Thanks for the tips. I'm keeping an eye on the EVA website (https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EVA/B2C/flight-status.aspx), but they are usually very slow to post info there.

I think the chances are that my flight will be cancelled, but I think I need to go to Swampy to find out what they are planning for us.

Don't they usually transfer passengers to other flights if seats are available in an emergency situation?

ie: Bangkok to London passengers,Transfer pax from BR067 to TG917?

Don't they usually transfer passengers to other flights if seats are available in an emergency situation?

ie: Bangkok to London passengers,Transfer pax from BR067 to TG917?

I think/hope they do, which is why I intend going to the airport even if the flight is cancelled.

However, they will certainly not be able to transfer everyone (an almost full plane when I last looked) on to the TG flight.

Bazle I hope you made your flight OK. Checking the google it seems that EVA67 anaged to make it out of Taipei into BKK and onto LHR sucessfully.

Thanks, Butch. I'm on the Tube from LHR right now!

The flight was about an hour and quarter late, I think. But a real relief it turned up at all.

• Upvote 1