Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
Sign in to follow this  
Brown1950

Emirates ex Stansted

Stansteds runway is the same length as the 2 at Manchester, give or take a meter, so they wouldn't need to lengthen the runway..... it could handle an A380....

Sorry should have been Southampton, not Stansted. Southamptons runways is rather short but they own a huge amount of land around it so could possibly expand or even bung in a new runway.

I think theyre waiting to see what happens to Bournemouth. I think the new owner will close it and build a housing estate making millions in the process.

@Severn, airborne incidents will be directed to either Prestwick or Stansted, depending on where they occur.

You are of course quite correct but as this thread concerned Stansted and Emirates I didn't think it relevant, unless of course Emirates are considering flying from Prestwick now.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Emirates have just announced London Stansted is to go double daily on July 1st 2019 due to increasing demand......

Emirates have certainly proved the doubters wrong!!!

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

Emirates have just announced London Stansted is to go double daily on July 1st 2019 due to increasing demand......

Emirates have certainly proved the doubters wrong!!!

They have indeed, They seemed to have pulled a bit of a flanker with this one, upgrading to 2 services a day is no small measure for any Airline, all in what, less than 10 months or so?. I think it was announced the flights would commence on 08/06/18 Brown1950 said. Not bad going.

Edited by Butch

1 hour ago, Butch said:

They have indeed, They seemed to have pulled a bit of a flanker with this one, upgrading to 2 services a day is no small measure for any Airline, all in what, less than 10 months or so?. I think it was announced the flights would commence on 08/06/18 Brown1950 said. Not bad going.

And Goldpanner definitely got it wrong..... he didn't even think it would last the first year....

Just goes to show that  not everybody wants to use LHR..... I've flown via LHR once and I wouldn't do it again.... I'm spoilt for choice as I've got plenty of choice up North..... MAN, NCL, GLA and EDI all offer connections to BKK via Europe and the Middle East...

15 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

MAN, NCL, GLA and EDI all offer connections to BKK via Europe and the Middle East...

Something direct well overdue!

On 3/12/2019 at 10:53 PM, jacko said:

Something direct well overdue!

I don't understand why BA don't fly direct from MAN.

Surely the demand is there, and they would make a fortune.

1 hour ago, GeeGee said:

I don't understand why BA don't fly direct from MAN.

Surely the demand is there, and they would make a fortune.

They seem to like to get the passengers to use their always late shuttles to and from Manchester. 

On 1/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, Goldpanner said:

Sorry should have been Southampton, not Stansted. Southamptons runways is rather short but they own a huge amount of land around it so could possibly expand or even bung in a new runway.

I think theyre waiting to see what happens to Bournemouth. I think the new owner will close it and build a housing estate making millions in the process.

With the railway at one end and the M27 motorway at the other, the current runway at Southampton is as long as its going to be. They could conceivably extend over the M27, but that would cause additional terrain clearance issues with the hill at Bitterne.

1 hour ago, jacko said:

They seem to like to get the passengers to use their always late shuttles to and from Manchester. 

Same as Glasgow, Edinburgh, Birmingham etc. etc....they don't operate any long haul flights. God knows what their business model really is, but its not to make money.

On 3/16/2019 at 2:32 AM, Bob Belzy said:

With the railway at one end and the M27 motorway at the other, the current runway at Southampton is as long as its going to be. They could conceivably extend over the M27, but that would cause additional terrain clearance issues with the hill at Bitterne.

What about a new runways southeast into Itchen Park> As I live in Wiltshire is appeals to me and narks me I have to go to Gatport airwick or Heathrow

8 hours ago, Gottsy said:

What about a new runways southeast into Itchen Park> As I live in Wiltshire is appeals to me and narks me I have to go to Gatport airwick or Heathrow

Airport expansions are about as welcome as a 'fart in a spacesuit'; local noise lobbyists and environmentalists would be a huge hurdle in that area.

On 12/31/2017 at 11:31 AM, The_Fat_Controller said:

@Goldpanner, Southampton's runway is too short for a 777 !

Just snooping around the forum and found this.

Twould seem that Southampton is enlarging its runway

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/16887861.southampton-airport-announces-plans-to-extend-runway/

I also heasrd rumours about them buying or attempting to buy some of the land to the east of it. Could cause some public rows??

The Emirates service from Stansted is proving very popular, £462 from Stansted to BKK and the timings aren't too shoddy either. With the new Cathay pacific attitude towards customers regarding privacy etc, we might make the change back to Emirates for any Manila trip, s Stansted is about 40 min away, whereas LHR and LGW over 2 hours.