Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

AEROFLOT OR QATAR ANYONE USED THEM?

Hi guys just been doing a search for some prices and aerflot and qatar come out cheap though eva are a close third. I was just wondering has anyone used either of them.

lou

• 1 month later...

I've used Qatar Airways about a dozen times over the last 5 years, although never to Bangkok.   They are certainly not to be lumped in with Aeroflop: Qatar is a pukka airline with its base in Doha (UAE).

A good airline though nothing special.  An all-Airbus fleet (new 300's and 340's, thankfully they've now ditched the 727s that they started with).

In flight entertainment is via 'flip down from the roof' monitors and / or large screens in the cabin.

Food is fairly good.  Free booze and water.  

Their theme music will get on your nerves.  There's no escaping it either!

If the price is right then go with Qatar.

Bigdguy,

" Their safety record and quality of service are among the worst airlines in the world!  "

Is that a fact ?   I really can`t remember the last time SU crashed... But  I can tell you the last time China Air did, aswell as Thai A and SAS.

I`ve used Aeroflot 4 times now and I`m quite happy with them.Sure the service on board isn`t quite the same as Thai.

But I wouldn`t say it was the worst in the world. Have you`ve ever used LOT ?  Now, THAT`s bad service.

Aeroflot business class is about the same price as a Thai ticket. + you get the free lounges + maybe upgrade to 1 st class if you`ve got 50 USD for a member of the crew ;).

The deal is great !

Really, Aeroflot isn`t that bad. The sevice isn`t the best in the world, but to blame the safety reasons are just stupid.

I now use Thai, because of all the FFP I get with them thrue my work.

Best Regards,

Mats

I agree with Mats, I've flown Aeroflot twice now and will be flying with them again in December. They get you there in reasonable comfort for not much money, and the less you spend on getting there, the more you have to spend on............ well, whatever it is that you want when you get there. 8)

As for the worst airline, I nominate Tarom. I flew with them about 11 years ago and it was apalling. Maybe the've improved, who knows? ???

One piece of advice though, take some water with you if you fly Aeroflot, they don't come round with drinks on a regular basis like other airlines, and you don't want to be getting that DVT now, do you? ;)

Aeroflot is not good at serving drinks at a regular basis. But if you MUST have drinks all the time, try to get a seat at the back of the plain as this is where they stock all drinks.

If not, do as Chumley says and brink you own water/ vodka... whatever   ;D

Mats

• 1 month later...

I just booked with Qatar.  I left it a bit late as usual and booked yesterday.  i am flying at end of october from london heathrow via doha to bkk.  if i hd of booked early the flight would only have cost £365 inc tax but as it happens there were only 4 seats left in the more expensive "lima class", so it was gonna be £525 inc taxes grrrr  fortuantely with a bit of calling around i managed to get it for £401 inc taxes  if i took insurance priced at £40 quid, i asked the girl if i could cancel the inurance without penalties if i wasnt happy and she said yes, so i did so  today as i already have a 12 month policy.  i t was really good getting this flight as the stopover in doha is under 2 hours and i can go to the airport straight after work on the friday, maximising my days off and time on holiday.  also friends have flown qatar and say they are as good as BA or Swiss.  i think they might be able to offer cheaper flights coz the fuel is cheaper for them being an oilproducer and all that but thats an uneducaed guess.  

I have actually flown Aeroflot and will avoid it in future if possible, not so much because of the carrier but because i had a 9 hour wait in sheramatevo and dont wanna go back to the place again, it was depressing to say the least , they gave me a breakfast coupon which was useless as i wasnt gonna eat the vomit they had on offer so i escaped into the irish bar as  soon as it openedwhere i met some aussies and we got merrily drunk together, australians can be useful after all ;-)   anyhows aeroflot wasnt that bad, it was basic and fulll of poor riff raff but it  was cheap and it had availabilty and the ticket i got allowed me to change my return dates.   the thing is i dont care what shit heap i fly in,im not rich so if i can save £200 then i will spend my time on that flight dreaming of all the things i could do with that money in  a pattaya gogo bar.  the only real downside for me is being depressed when i leave thailand and a little bit more depressed knowing i have to endure 12 or so hours in a crappy  aircraft.  i will let u guys know about my flight experiance when i get back, one other thing about aeroflot i forgot to mention, i sat next to a plumpy russian girl and she did the most horrendously foul smelling farts, and the plane was full so there was no escaping, good job  i wasnt in the smoking section or boom, try and get a seat away from plump russian chicks,  i think its all the cabbage and pickled onions they eat

Papalazarou,

The obvious comparison with Qatar is Emirates.  I think Qatar's big advantage, from a passenger's point of view, is that they use Airbus on both legs.  In my opinion that is a big plus over the 3-4-3 economy seating configuration in Emirates 777 on the Dubai- Bangkok leg which can be a bit claustrophobic to say the least.

Have a good trip.......

Regards,

Tom

Just been talking to a guy i know in Thomas cook, you can buy flights to Bangkok for £349.00 for April, may, June and that inc tax with QATAR. What more you only need pay £110.00 down now to hold the seat, and pay the £239.00 12 weeks before you fly.