Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Rellable Car & Driver Available

You have a point Pen, but then what are the odds of this happening?

I'd put them at about 5 million to 1, maybe higher especially if you're going to get murdered, Bangkok ain't Mogadishu last time I checked :clap2

And also how does anyone know that Mr A,B,C or D driver who people recommend on this thread is not going to get 'hijacked' by his friends somewhere down the road, they rob you and bash Mr A over the head to make it look like he wasn't in on it, then they split the booty the following day.

The risks are there all the time and if people are that worried in foreign countries then they should buy a Caravan or a tent and only holiday in their own country where they know the score and are far more streetwise......

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you say Red, but i have spent a large chunk of my life living in Thailand and you won't find many Thai girls who are prepared to jump in to a taxi either at Don Muang, Bangkok or Pattaya which is being driven by a total stranger if they were travelling alone.

Maybe as i am getting older i am becoming over cautious, but i have seen some truly gruesome things happen to farangs in Thailand and all because common sence deserted them at a crucial moment.

That said, I Love the Place and it's People.

I hear what you say Red, but i have spent a large chunk of my life living in Thailand and you won't find many Thai girls who are prepared to jump in to a taxi either at Don Muang, Bangkok or Pattaya which is being driven by a total stranger if they were travelling alone.

Maybe as i am getting older i am becoming over cautious, but i have seen some truly gruesome things happen to farangs in Thailand and all because common sence deserted them at a crucial moment.

That said, I Love the Place and it's People.

Yep, I agree with you, common sense in the way to go, not just with taxis in thailand but also most other things.

In June one of the most attractive girls I've ever seen approached in the Don Muang arrivals hall and offered a taxi to Pattaya for 1500b but my TGF was meeting me with a taxi. I nearly slit my wrists. I'd have paid twice that for 2 hours in the back seat with her, especially if it was a Penthouse-like operation with 'full service'. She looked disappointed too, bless her.

Had a Nana limo to Pats a year ago, 1500b for a massive limo, 6 foot legroom.

A crash-proof car with rear seatbelts is my priority.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I've changed my position on using a private car & driver. When I book a trip, I use a credit card to pay for the airfare. One of the benefits with this is the free travel insurance and medical coverage. For this to kick in I have to use a registered taxi or car service like Thai limo or the service at the airport. This will cost more money but I think in this instance it's worth it.

Most likely Alex and the other small services are not licensed. Personally I don't plan on taking that risk. Since I already booked Alex for my next trip, I'll use him but I plan on changing vendors.

Edited by BigDUSA
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Winston_Churchill
FWIW, I've changed my position on using a private car & driver. When I book a trip, I use a credit card to pay for the airfare. One of the benefits with this is the free travel insurance and medical coverage. For this to kick in I have to use a registered taxi or car service like Thai limo or the service at the airport. This will cost more money but I think in this instance it's worth it.

Most likely Alex and the other small services are not licensed. Personally I don't plan on taking that risk. Since I already booked Alex for my next trip, I'll use him but I plan on changing vendors.

looks like alex read this post and decided to get in first 2guns :chogdee2