Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Rellable Car & Driver Available

I just used "MR T taxi service" a few weeks ago and was very satisfied, i'll use him again. :D I paid 800 baht plus tolls and was driven in a brand new Toyota Corolla. Anyone interested the number is 038-720318, i called from my house here is Vegas before i left and the driver was waiting for me in the arrival hall.

cheers

kj

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just used "MR T taxi service" a few weeks ago and was very satisfied, i'll use him again. :banghead I paid 800 baht plus tolls and was driven in a brand new Toyota Corolla. Anyone interested the number is 038-720318, i called from my house here is Vegas before i left and the driver was waiting for me in the arrival hall.

cheers

kj

Also used him several times dating back a few years with good results.

Hub

• 1 month later...

Guy asked about a car service. I figured I bring this back to the top of the list. Many services are listed go thru it and pick one that suits your needs.

• 2 weeks later...

ive emailed both alex and mrT recently and had no reply from either..

anyone confirm their emails and/or if they ever check em ?

Or should one just give em a bell from the terminal on the ol cellphone

I used Mr T on 2 July 05. My flight arrived Bangkok at 10.45 am, I took half an hour to clear the custom. The taxi driiver is a lady, using Toyotta Altis arrived at the information couter only at 12.55 which I had to wait for more than one hour.

I paid 850 + tollfee 150 + parking charge +45 = BHT1,045

The driver travelled at the speed of 110 and took 2 hours and 15 min to arrive my hotel at south Pattaya.The car condition is reasonably good.

To save the trouble of wating too long for the driver I suggest:

1. Tell them to call the information counter if there is any delay

2. Do not tell them in advance of which hotel you are checking in and your real name. So that If they trun up too late without informing you, you can find other alternative.

3. Tell them to wait at the information counter, so that communication can be done through the counter

well considering none of these drivers seem to answer their emails.

i think il just grab a car on arrival

after all theres never a shortage

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email from Alex and he explained he was having problems with his email account, it's all squared away. Please send your request for pickup again. With the price of gas going up he had to raise his price to 1850.

alex@travel4bangkok.com

09-8292911 (m)

Edited by BigDUSA

I can recommend Khrongfa travel (khrongfa@ego.co.th ) who offer standard car (Toyota/Honda) from BKK to PTY at 1200 baht + toll+parking or limousine at 1500 + toll+parking. Ms. Arunee was the person I spoke with.

I noticed a sticker with “Khrongfa Tour Service†on their cars; I interpreted this as that they are licensed tour operator and thus also would have insurance etc. for transporting passengers. Other wise it is same service as mentioned by other: A driver waiting with a signboard with you name after customs clearance, and even waiting when plane was late.

I don’t like the taxi option – yes it’s cheaper, but with above booking I know what to expect and won’t risk ending up with a run-down Nissan taxi and a driver thinking he’s the Thai answer to Michael Schumacher :rolleyes:

I can recommend "Pein" (Or what ever, but that is the way to pronouce his name), He is a young driver, very responsible, ok car and reliable. Bkk - Pattaya 1500B tolls included.

Stops for beer or coffee, no problem. He operates from Pattaya.

Tell him you got his phone number from Guido (Boyfriend Jun).

Phone: 095449216 (+6695449216).

He speaks some English and understands very well.

I just received an email from Alex and he explained he was having problems with his email account, it's all squared away. Please send your request for pickup again. With the price of gas going up he had to raise his price to 1850.

alex@travel4bangkok.com

09-8292911 (m)

350BHT increase! :grin-jump Seems to me a big rise in fare for the size of petrol increase.Was going to use Alex but not at this price,really isn't about the money,as only a one off fee,all about the principal.Would imagine many more of similiar opinion. :grin-jump :grin-jump :grin-jump

Guest Winston_Churchill

Hey come on its not a bad price :D

ive just got 1 booked 1800 for the round trip taking my t.g to airport to meet me and back again including tolls and its totally reliable (unlike alex) she will be in the car :D

Hey come on its not a bad price :D

ive just got 1 booked 1800 for the round trip taking my t.g to airport to meet me and back again including tolls and its totally reliable (unlike alex) she will be in the car :D

Do you have the guys email, phone number? Does he speak good English? What type of car? It's a good thing to have as many car services listed as we can.

Edited by BigDUSA
Guest Winston_Churchill

I can get it but your already well suited,anyone who wants it its freely available at most travel shops in Pattaya,if anyone is interested just im me i can show you the way to go no probs, totally reliable because your t.g will be meeting you in the car, no more waiting around at airports hoping someones gonna turn up B)

Edited by Winston_Churchill
  • 3 weeks later...

Just remember don't tell them which hotel you're going to until they pick you up at the airport. Save yourself some drama if you change your mind and use someone else. Quote.

Guy in another thread gave this advice to another member about stiffing a car service. If you change your mind or delay your arrival at least have the decency to email the car company and cancel the pickup.

Guest Winston_Churchill
Just remember don't tell them which hotel you're going to until they pick you up at the airport.  Save yourself some drama if you change your mind and use someone else. Quote.

Guy in another thread gave this advice to another member about stiffing a car service. If you change your mind or delay your arrival at least have the decency to email the car company and cancel the pickup.

:beer :D <grin

advertising again :bj1

This topic is outdated it wants locking any newbies looking please take note!!!

Edited by Winston_Churchill
1luv :D

advertising again

This topic is outdated it wants locking any newbies looking please take note!!!

Why do you want it locked. You just posted up to date info July 25. Is that out of date?

What am I advertising. Your post doesn't make sense???

Many of these car services are still in business. Email them and if they don't respond quickly email again, then try another. Some of the services are single driver or they subcontract. Many guys haven't had any problem other's have. This is Thailand and your mileage may vary as far as reliability goes.

emailed both Khrong Fa and Alex...here are current rates

khrongfa@ego.co.th

Dear sir,

I would like to inform our price

-private car=1200-(mitsubishi,toyota,nissan 1600cc.)

-limousine car=1500-(volvo,honda stream,honda crv 2000cc.)

-mini bus=1800-(toyota,kia)

This price not include tollway=145- , parking=25-/hours

If you're agree our price please let me know for your detail

-How many person & luggage

-which hotel in pattaya

-Detail flight ( Flight no. arrival time )

Best Regards,

Ms.Arunee

alex@travel4bangkok.com

Dear Larry,

Thank you for email again. The rate now is 2,200baht includes all tollway

charges. But will be a luxury car to pickup you. like Merz or Camry..

Pls advise

Alex

Thank you for email again. The rate now is 2,200baht includes all tollway

charges. But will be a luxury car to pickup you. like Merz or Camry..

Pls advise

Alex

2200 baht for a ride from the airport to Pattaya. ch) Soi7 will be accusing BigD of over paying for services and driving up prices. :D

I use a Pattaya based guy called Mr Wat, he is not the cheapest but IMHO he would not be far off the best. He knows the streets and Soi's of Bangkok & Pattaya better than anyone i have ever been travelling with.

More importantly, he does not drink or smoke and is 100% reliable & trustworthy.

His charges which include tolls have just gone up! Last month i paid him 1700 Nana-Pattaya and the journey took 90 minutes. His Don-Muang-Pattaya fare is also 1700 and that takes him a shade under two hours.

His English is very reasonable and he changes his Honda car for a brand new one every three years!

Give him a try, I along with all my Thai base friends have used him for the last five years.

Tel-018338299 which is a Thai cell phone number he never switches off

:beer

emailed krongfa to book a car .Forty minutes later I recieved a email back confirming my booking.

Wonder why they took so long. :D

Cheers

I used Mr T on 2 July 05. My flight arrived Bangkok at 10.45 am, I took half an hour to clear the custom. The taxi driiver is a lady, using Toyotta Altis arrived at the information couter only at 12.55 which I had to wait for more than one hour.

I paid 850 + tollfee 150 + parking charge +45 = BHT1,045

That's one hell of a deal from the Airport.

Has anyone got his email address?

Thanks

Why not look in Yellow Pages under Cheap Charlies R Us or something similar :D

The airport pick up is so important to get right :chogdee2

Plenty of guys have tried to save a few hundred Baht only to regret it :chogdee2

Why not look in Yellow Pages under Cheap Charlies R Us or something similar 2guns

The airport pick up is so important to get right <huh

Plenty of guys have tried to save a few hundred Baht only to regret it :D

I don't see how wanting a taxi for 1050 can be construed as cheap, seems like good value to me, after all it's only a taxi from an airport not a limo to pick up your bride and take her to the church.

And why's its so important to get right? You book a taxi (without paying any money upfront) and it doesn't turn up. Not really that much of a problem in my book as there are about 1001 other taxis in the vincinity most of which would love to take you to Pattaya for 1200bht+.

Also reading this thread it seems that others have tried to pay full whack, only to regret it as well..........

I don't see how wanting a taxi for 1050 can be construed as cheap, seems like good value to me, after all it's only a taxi from an airport not a limo to pick up your bride and take her to the church.

And why's its so important to get right? You book a taxi (without paying any money upfront) and it doesn't turn up. Not really that much of a problem in my book as there are about 1001 other taxis in the vincinity most of which would love to take you to Pattaya for 1200bht+.

Also reading this thread it seems that others have tried to pay full whack, only to regret it as well..........

A lot of criminals operate at Bangkok Airport; they know that when us guys arrive we are bulging with cash or TC's and as a consequence plenty of tourists have fallen for the cheap taxi trick which takes you a few miles down the road only to meet the drivers associates along with the end of their life :clap2

Similarly, a few months back did anyone see that story in the Pattaya Mail where a Bangkok taxi driver killed a tourist and dumped his body near Pattaya because the tourist would only pay him a 1000 baht and he suspected the tourist was in possesion of a large wedge of currency.

I learnt my lesson years ago when i operated on a tight budget; i booked a taxi from one of those travel agents in soi post office! The taxi arrived on time and collected me from the AA hotel, i noticed straight away that it was a wreck and all the way up Central Pattaya Road the engine kept cutting out, finaly enough was enough i got out, took my bag from the back seat, gave the driver 100 baht for his trouble then headed for the Town in Town Hotel where they sorted out another car for me.

I made my flight ok but it could have been a whole lot worse.

The Taxi journey to and from the Airport is something i take very seriously.