Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Rellable Car & Driver Available

I emailed Alex tbsinfo@ksc.th.com and he replied within six hours. I asked him to personally pick me up at the airport 27 April 10:50PM. He said he would try. When I talk to him, I'm going to let him know about the guys who were stiffed by him. He will lose a lot of business because of it. We shall see what we see.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigD,

You might also want to tell him that khrongfa has him beat price wise by almost 400 baht.

Emil

400 baht.......that's BigD's kick back for keep pimping him on here 2guns 1luv :P

There are many ways to get to Pattaya, Alex is one way and I'm glad to see that other guys have posted other companies that provide good service. We all benefit when guys exchange up to date info.

FWIW, I don't receive or ask for a commission on any of my recommendations. One time Alex did buy me two beers as his way of saying thanks for the business.

I've always found Alex reliable and will continue to book with him till there's a problem. Alex has always been there personally and been on time and drives safe and knows his way around and is a pleasnt fellow who speaks good English.

I figure if Alex doesn't show, so what, I'll hop in a cab. Then next time I'll try the service that is 400 baht cheaper. I figure if BigD recomends a service I don't have to bother researching for cheaper alternatives!

• 2 weeks later...

Khrongfa Pattaya Centre Tours & Transport

khrongfa@ego.co.th

Tel: +6638 716528, +6638 423067, +6638 716440, +661 5756754, +661 6946139

Fax: +6638 716528

As promised:

Used above last Saturday and found service very good. I was four hour late arriving at Don Muang and driver was waiting as promised. Can Recommend.

ALEX -

I have used Alex in the past and at first the service was good, but the more I used Alex, services started going down hill - At first he would send other drivers - then he would not respond back in a timely manner to e-mails.

The Last time I used his service (March-04) he sent a driver and his mini-van. The van sounded like it was on it last legs and the driver arrived with only 1/4 tank of petrol. He ended up calling Alex and asking if I would pay the driver up front so that he could fill the mini van with petrol. - no big deal, but as you can see the service was not up to par.

I plan on visiting Pattaya again this May and again I sent Alex an e-mail on 6-May-04 requesting transportation. Today as I write this it is 10-May-04 here in the USA and I still have not received a reply from Alex.

I sent an e-mail to khrongfa requesting transportation and recieved a reply the next morning. The price for a pvt car is 1205b not including the tip. I will do a follow up on this company and let everyone know how it went.

At this time I can no longer give Alex a Thumbs-Up on his service - He needs to rethink how to improve his customer service. His base price is 1500b including toll

fees.

BobSJ - B)

I have used Alex in the past but not recently and in spite of the previous posts decided to use him again. Emailed today and did get a prompt response- he has raised his price to 1660 baht. I politely responded with a thank you and would love to use you again but for the standard 1500 even though others have had the same ride for 3-400 baht less recently and he promptly responded with no and have a nice day. As such will be trying one of the other services and will let you know of my luck.

Big Kev :P

Big Kev

Well like anything else - His Lost, That is probably why he has not responded back to me. I was very clear in my e-mail that I wanted him to verify his cost.

His increase in price is not justifed for what he is offering. Only time will tell and we will see how others will respond to his increase along with other agencies who provide transportation.

BobSJ :P

When I arrived at the airport 11:30PM on 28 April, Alex had one of his drivers meet me. Excellent attitude needs work on his English. Car was clean and the price had gone up $4USD. I had no problem with it. I'm willing to pay a bit more for reliable service.

Coming back I use the taxi mafia. Sometimes you get a good car/driver or you get a maniac who thinks he's driving a Porsche not a clapped out Nissan. This time as luck would have it, I got the maniac. I'm glad the road was dry

• 2 weeks later...

I am not using Alex any more the first and the last time that he didn't arrived at the airport (no delay) I called him and he said sorry forgot.

Last visit stayed in R.G and they arranged the regular transportation from the BKK hotel to the RG.

Quit nice and I know the driver :D :) :D

Alex also stiffed myself and Soi 7 one time in BKK. When he didn't arrive we gave him a call and he simply said "oops, forgot..oh well". It's his ATTITUDE about the horrible service and disrespect that killed it for me. I realise everyone has an occasional mistake...but not so much as an apology??

I'll NEVER use him.....

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Alex replied quickly to two of my e mails but did not turn up at the airport to take me to Pattaya. A bit dissapointed as members reviews were generally good. Anyway it is no hassle to jump in a cab from the airport rank or take limo as I know the route and Town good enough to direct them to the Hotel. Will not try Alex again but there a few other recommended private taxis that i will try.

Sleepwalker

Alex replied quickly to two of my e mails but did not turn up at the airport to take me to Pattaya. A bit dissapointed as members reviews were generally good. Anyway it is no hassle to jump in a cab from the airport rank or take limo as I know the route and Town good enough to direct them to the Hotel. Will not try Alex again but there a few other recommended private taxis that i will try.

Sleepwalker

Read all the messages and you would find that you are not the only one that was left in the airport by Alex

Sleepwalker,

You must have fell asleep when reading a lot of the comments above! haha

You aren't the first and won't be the last that Alex has stiffed for a ride.

Cheers,

Mark

Just had to toss in my two baht... Alex met us the week before last as scheduled, even waiting for my sorry bum to come in on a 30 min. later flight than my mates. All of this along with cold Heinekens which we requested and a no-hassle piss/smoke break. Sounds to me like it is just another one of those hit-and-miss things... if only it wasn't so drastically hit-and-miss it would be okay. But, I can attest that he does do friendly, quick driving... when he shows up. :P

Randy

• 4 weeks later...

The day before I leave, I always email my driver and the hotel. I let them know I'm on my way. So far Alex has always shown up on time and the hotel has only lost my reservation once. TIT.

Less then 24 hours till wheels up.

29 June, Alex driver met me at the airport on time with a clean van. No hassle pickup.

• 5 weeks later...

bigDUSA.

Let us know how you got on with Alex this last trip please bigDUSA. I have used him twice before and had no hassles at all that is to and from Pattaya. I expect to be there in mid September.

Bigmike.

The decent toyotas etc. at the airport are only Bt1650 all in to Pattaya and you can have as many piss / beer breaks as you want. You also get a proper decent mid size car, not a van.

As I posted long ago, most people, Alex included, would fuck their passenger off if someone offered an extra Bt100.

If staying in bangkok first, I use the brother of a mamasan at the Morning Night bar in Soi 4 but if I am coming direct, I just pay the Bt1650 and get a decent car.

Coming back, you can't go far wrong with Paul Pat. He operates from the the beginning of Walking Street (big yellow signs for Bt800 to the airport - van I think) on the right and charges Bt1200 all in for a Volvo to the airport.

torrenova,

I agree with you. The only problem I have with the drivers at the airport. Most of them do not know Pattaya and speak extremely limited English.

Bigmike,

I used Alex services twice this trip. His driver picked me up at the airport on time. Week later his driver picked me up at one hotel in BKK and picked up another couple from Nana Hotel and we drove to Pattaya. Driver was 15 minutes late. He told me traffic was at a stand still. He offered to let me use his mobile to call the other couple and let them know we were delayed but on our way.

BigD,

I agree that for those who do not know exactly where their hotel is, a driver who knows Pattaya would be appreciated. However, as every hotel can organise a car for a maximum of around Bt1500 or so, that would perhaps be the best bet. Also, as the hotel has a vested interest in getting you to their hotel, I suspect that the car would actually turn up.

I've had a few who looked as though they had been to Pattaya perhaps once in their lives, or perhaps they were thick as shit, I don't know !

torrenova,

Depending on the topic I aim my post toward the newbie coming in from the US late at night who's looking for reliable transportation and as far as reliability goes this is Thailand. :nod

Friend of mine had used Alex and was pleased with his service but decided on his last trip he would grab a cab at the airport. The two of them drove around Pattaya for 2 hours before they found the hotel. :rolleyes:

Agreed, I had a problem with a driver last year who seemed to have a problem driving down Soi 13 where I was going to try the Sandy Springs. i know the city so didn't need directions but the silly fucker still drove past it 3 times !!!

All hotels have faxes and usually email so they can send you a fax of their location and some directions in Thai if necessary. The guys flying in could do a little to help themselves though.

• 3 weeks later...

I was picked up recently on Soi 4 by one of Alex drivers for trip to Pattaya. He was about 10 minutes late which was no mean feat given Bkk traffic. ( If he made it exactly on time I would ask him to tell me his lottery numbers)

Smooth hassle free trip to Pattaya with a stop to buy soft drinks which was very welcome. Very satisfactory and I would not hesitate to use him again. :D