Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• 2 weeks later...

No one ?

I am no expert on this but I read an article in the States years ago about insurance companies finding it cost effective to send patients overseas.

As your location says UK and I do not understand your national health plan, is there any chance that you could find information on medical tourism from the UK. It isn't much, I'm sure. Had you private health insurance, I would suggest starting with them. However, perhaps your government plan is also interested in less expensive options. I have no way of knowing that.

I am no expert on this but I read an article in the States years ago about insurance companies finding it cost effective to send patients overseas.

As your location says UK and I do not understand your national health plan, is there any chance that you could find information on medical tourism from the UK. It isn't much, I'm sure. Had you private health insurance, I would suggest starting with them. However, perhaps your government plan is also interested in less expensive options. I have no way of knowing that.

The NHS in the UK is becoming a joke at the moment...... For the last 4 years I've been having injections in my lower back to ease lower back pain.... Been diagnosed with 2 badly bulging discs, one prolapsed disc and also facet joint arthritis..... earlier this year I was told funding had been withdrawn for those type of injections. After a visit to my GP to seek advice about what can be done 2 months later I am told attend an appointment at a Private hospital as the NHS were willing to fund my treatment at a private hospital, but they won't fund it at an NHS hospital...

Private hospital wants to do another MRI scan on my back.... I've already had one recently but this private hospital is going to charge the NHS for another one.... Ker-ching!!!

My mother is going through a similar experience with a badly needed hip replacement..... they referred her to another private hospital... Instead of ensuring NHS funds are spent within the NHS it is being wasted paying for treatment provided by private healthcare companies.

The NHS in the UK is becoming a joke at the moment...... For the last 4 years I've been having injections in my lower back to ease lower back pain.... Been diagnosed with 2 badly bulging discs, one prolapsed disc and also facet joint arthritis..... earlier this year I was told funding had been withdrawn for those type of injections. After a visit to my GP to seek advice about what can be done 2 months later I am told attend an appointment at a Private hospital as the NHS were willing to fund my treatment at a private hospital, but they won't fund it at an NHS hospital...

Private hospital wants to do another MRI scan on my back.... I've already had one recently but this private hospital is going to charge the NHS for another one.... Ker-ching!!!

My mother is going through a similar experience with a badly needed hip replacement..... they referred her to another private hospital... Instead of ensuring NHS funds are spent within the NHS it is being wasted paying for treatment provided by private healthcare companies.

God help us then with the left wing demand to expand Medicare.

Even with the state contribution, I am paying over $2000 a year for a supplement plus $82 a month for prescription supplemental insurance. I think I am also off of that scheme the article I read suggested. I am now dependent on government and not just private insurance, which has in their interest cutting costs.

It was worth a try for the OP to at least mention it.

Sorry for your issues and your mom's. I need a new knee. Have back issues enough to have me give up golf and occasional hip issues. Knock on wood!

:hithead or :frustrated1:

closest emoticon I could find. My head of course is the.................

God help us then with the left wing demand to expand Medicare.

Even with the state contribution, I am paying over $2000 a year for a supplement plus $82 a month for prescription supplemental insurance. I think I am also off of that scheme the article I read suggested. I am now dependent on government and not just private insurance, which has in their interest cutting costs.

It was worth a try for the OP to at least mention it.

Sorry for your issues and your mom's. I need a new knee. Have back issues enough to have me give up golf and occasional hip issues. Knock on wood!

:hithead or :frustrated1:

closest emoticon I could find. My head of course is the.................

Careful, we're going off-topic.... accyboy was enquiring about Bunion surgery in Thailand.....

Prior to being offered treatment at a private hospital, but funded by the NHS I was actually starting to think about getting the injections done in Thailand... I would have to pay of course, but at least I would get the treatment......

It's hilarious that the cost of my treatment is a fraction of the cost to the UK taxpayers who still have to pay my salary when I get signed off sick due to the back pain...... the company I work owned by and funded by the UK government

Its the key hole surgery that attracts me with vastly reduced recovery times , currently unavailable for me at my local NHS hospital ...no private insurance here for me so its purely down to recovery times and reduced costs etc

Its the key hole surgery that attracts me with vastly reduced recovery times , currently unavailable for me at my local NHS hospital ...no private insurance here for me so its purely down to recovery times and reduced costs etc

They do keyhole surgery for bunions?