Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Disabled lane / path - A new one for me..........

Saw this today in North Pattaya, wonder how much the backhander was for this genius idea ??

Basically a barely wheelchair width of slightly raised tarmac with some signposts and this painted on it.

Works really well as you can imagine in Thailand as every business it went past the front of had a a moped parked on it ?

9EE0CC2C-C03D-45FD-A2B3-9F6A2AEE2EC3.jpeg

E22AAB85-6C6E-4C6B-8CE8-CFFCDDE840FB.jpeg

E2501553-E88A-4DF5-96AD-9B4EF088EED7.jpeg

• Confused 1

Soi behind Big C Extra going from Klang to Pattaya Nua has the same wheelchair footpath. Probably put in b/c Father Ray Foundation, a school and home for the disabled, is on that Soi. I frequently see wheelchair bound children and young adults using, or trying to use that footpath. You would think the selfish bastards that park on the footpath would get a clue when they see kids in a wheelchair having to use the street because of their selfishness.
image.png

Worst example though is up closer to Pattaya Nua. Trust Residence has been using the footpath for overflow parking ever since the path was constructed.
image.png

I often see the disabled on Sunday mornings heading from Father Ray to Big CX .

Saddens me to see their path blocked by selfish people.

17 hours ago, jacko said:

I often see the disabled on Sunday mornings heading from Father Ray to Big CX .

Saddens me to see their path blocked by selfish people.

There's selfish people all over the world and that's including disabled drivers with blue badge permits.... My local council recently added  about 20 parking places for blue badge holders in one of my town centre car parks to encourage blue badge holders not to park on the double yellow lines on the road into the car park.....  and the blue badge holders are completely ignoring those parking places set aside for them to park free of charge and they're still parking on the double yellows!!!

My fathers got a blue badge and he will only park in disabled bays and he would never deliberately park on double yellows when he takes my mother shopping.

9 hours ago, TheFiend said:

There's selfish people all over the world and that's including disabled drivers with blue badge permits.... My local council recently added  about 20 parking places for blue badge holders in one of my town centre car parks to encourage blue badge holders not to park on the double yellow lines on the road into the car park.....  and the blue badge holders are completely ignoring those parking places set aside for them to park free of charge and they're still parking on the double yellows!!!

My fathers got a blue badge and he will only park in disabled bays and he would never deliberately park on double yellows when he takes my mother shopping.

I am out of touch with the UK rules and regs on this, but are blue badge owners truly allowed to park on double yellow lines? 

Still hardly comparable to the Thailand situation where disabled vehicles would be manhandled OUT of the disabled parking spot to allow some agile Hi-So in his flash car to park there. 

Edited by jacko
6 hours ago, jacko said:

I am out of touch with the UK rules and regs on this, but are blue badge owners truly allowed to park on double yellow lines? 

Still hardly comparable to the Thailand situation where disabled vehicles would be manhandle OUT of the disabled parking spot to allow some agile Hi-So in his flash car to park there. 

This is the advice given on www.gov.uk

The Blue Badge is not a licence to park anywhere. Like other road users, you must obey the rules of the road, as laid out in the Highway Code. Here is a list of places where you must not park.

Places where a ban on loading or unloading is in force, as indicated above by kerb markings. You may wish to check whether a particular local authority has, exceptionally, chosen to allow Blue Badge holders to park where there are loading restrictions.

Parking places reserved for specific users such as resident’s bays or loading bays. You may wish to check whether a particular local authority has chosen to exempt Blue Badge holders from these restrictions.

Pedestrian crossings (zebra, pelican, toucan and puffin crossings), including areas marked by zig-zag lines.

Clearways (no stopping).

A bus stop clearway during its hours of operation.

An urban clearway within its hours of operation. You may pick up or drop off passengers. All parking is forbidden.

School ‘keep clear’ markings during the hours shown on a yellow no-stopping plate.

Bus, tram or cycle lanes or cycle tracks. Badge holders are not entitled to drive in bus lanes during their hours of operation.

Where there are double white lines in the centre of the road, even if one of the lines is broken.

Suspended meter bays or when use of the meter is not allowed.

Where temporary parking restrictions are in force, as shown for example by no-waiting cones.

I agree it's hardly comparable to the situation in Thailand.....  Last year MIL broke her ankle and for a while was using a wheelchair and zimmer frame and even in the few places where there was disabled parking it was always occupied by fully mobile idiots....