Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Driving School/Range in prep. for a license

Hi guys, 

I have a regular driving licence (Car) in my European country, dating ~ 10 years back. Because of culture (and weather) we don't use bikes, as here. 

I'm up do date in how to get a license - for a bike - but, I would like to drive an hour or three with a "professional" driver before doing so. After that I'll stay out of the most busiest streets before getting a hang of it. 

Do you know of any specific driving schools that does bike instructions as well? I've tried to search quite intensively without any luck...

Coincidentally I have a Swedish guy staying at my place. He uses a big bike in Sweden and rented a PCX here, doing fine (other than getting lost and riding both through the tunnel and on the motorway). He seems to think the main issue is the stupidity of the other drivers around him, including the Westerners, and that isn't taught. There was a similar question a while back here and no real answer other than getting a TG with a bike and practicing where you can, some of the Jomtiem roads was suggested.

Here is a link to a similar past thread. Most people think you have to be nuts to get on a motorbike here but I have ridden for many years.:P

Thanks for your reply @jacko ?

Contacted 2 driving schools this week and they made it clear it was for Thais Only. 

I'm currently in no relationship, so while I liked that suggestion (taking me somewhere quiet and learn to ride) I'm unable to set it up. 

As it looks now I'll do some intensive Youtubing how to start/run a bike and hopefully that gets me through the short test for my license. Praying that my driving skills will take over ?.

I believe there is a driving school across from Foodland market on Central. If in the area you may try it, that suggestion was given me by Tik Tok Services in Jomtien.

Guys, you're so incredible helpful. Thanks!

Contacted the one in the picture and it seems like he could set me up with a "package". 

He insisted I need 10 hours. I probably don't - but I have no more time to spill :-) 

Will keep you updated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 6:28 PM, aldriglikvid said:

Guys, you're so incredible helpful. Thanks!

Contacted the one in the picture and it seems like he could set me up with a "package". 

He insisted I need 10 hours. I probably don't - but I have no more time to spill ?

Will keep you updated. 

I’m in the same boat. Would be great to know your experience with this driving school since I’ve not been able to find an alternative.