Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I am searching for a room on booking.com and Airbnb,or better an apartment for my trip next year,two months January February.I found one I like but when I read the T&Cs.One of the conditions was "the apartment can only be rented to people between 18 and 70 years old" I have seen a minimum age often but never a maximum age.

I will be 73 by next January and I don't want to pay up front and then told I have violated there terms,and then have to get my money back from booking or Airbnb.Has anyone come across this before? I'm not losing sleep over it,but I am intrigued.Also is it legal?

My first impression when I read this was that the place wasn't suitable for people with mobility issues. I have in fact stayed in such a place and have seen this was a real concern for some guests. I realise that a teenager can have mobility issues but not so often or so serious .

I would be interested to hear from others as I am past this age as well .

As a side issue I have just replied to a survey from my travel company. Have I got travel insurance? Yes was the answer but not through them as their cut off point is 70.

Thankfully no bar, GC or gogo has refused my money in Pattaya!

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, teelack said:

My first impression when I read this was that the place wasn't suitable for people with mobility issues. I have in fact stayed in such a place and have seen this was a real concern for some guests. I realise that a teenager can have mobility issues but not so often or so serious .

I would be interested to hear from others as I am past this age as well .

As a side issue I have just replied to a survey from my travel company. Have I got travel insurance? Yes was the answer but not through them as their cut off point is 70.

Thankfully no bar, GC or gogo has refused my money in Pattaya!

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

There was no mobility issues that I could see, relatively modern block with lifts.Maybe a few old fellas have died and they don't want to deal with that.Police, Ghost in the room.semi legality of renting rooms.

2 hours ago, yselmike said:

There was no mobility issues that I could see, relatively modern block with lifts.Maybe a few old fellas have died and they don't want to deal with that.Police, Ghost in the room.semi legality of renting rooms.

I might have more problem renting to teenagers myself. 

Whether it is legal or not, it probably is. I certainly have pals who use discrimination wrt their rental properties.

More likely not enforced though.