Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Early next week I will be transiting through Pudong, Shanghai airport, terminal 1

I admit that I didn't check the place out prior to booking. I have about maybe 3 hours to waste prior to boarding and its early morning. 

Lounge 36 is 250 Yuan for 2 hours and most reviews are dire. 

Can I get food and coffee in the terminal, and should I change money before I go, or can I / should I use my credit card?

Any comments appreciated. 

I haven't been there either, but last year I transited through Hong Kong (via Cathay Pacific) and, due to the plane being late into HK, I missed my connection to Bangkok. The airline was great and had me on the next connection and my baggage was first off and transferred quickly. The only problem I had was having to wait in the terminal for 2 hours. I didn't have any Chinese currency and (of course) all ATMs are outside the security area. I found a bar that had a large Guinness sign and, as I was thirsty, I thought I'd have a pint or two. It was a Gordon Ramsay place. I asked a server if I could buy 2 pints of the good stuff on my credit card and get the drinks separately. She said, "Of course". I ordered and paid at the end. It wasn't until I was on my connecting flight to Thailand that I bothered to check the invoice. It cost me 60 Australian dollars for the 2 pints. Bloody Hell! Won't go there again. Pudong probably won't be as bad, or will it?🤔

Dont carry Power packs when you go through transit. No matter what the size they get confiscated. I thought it may have only been the day I transitted very recently but have read multiple reports of the same issue since then

Seeing as its forbidden to put in checked luggage its a pain in the arse

On an aside the airport was deserted at around 1am nothing was open and only 2 flights leaving one of which was ours to London