Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Mobile Phones - Where best to buy UK or LoS?

I'm thinking of buying a Nokia mobile for my TG as a pressie. I would appreciate any info on whether it is best to buy one in Thailand or buy in the UK and insert a new SIM card in pty? Some UK network providers put a block on their phones and I'll not really know if the info they give me is for real until I try to use it on the local network having bought the card in LoS. If it is blocked I've heard that you can get them sorted for aroung 500 baht? Is this true. Thanks guys.

Cheers Daveyh [smiley=thumbup.gif]

What ever service she wants just buy one there

The major issue is that she'll want her mobile in Thai.

Shite, that way we can't read her stuff or text  messages.

...I generally give AIS with the One 2 call system. Very cheap...around 75USD at Big C or Tesco Lotus....that way I can give phone cards as little gifts.  I dumped off an 800 baht card while she was at my favorite salon shop getting a red hair tint with blond high lites

If your in BKK take the SkyTRain out to the Tesco in On Nut and find some real good buy there! Better than Pantip or MBK.... I small phone for 3300TB, sans the sim card as they did't have the south Patong zone  Pattaya and BKK are the same.

for more info http://www.ais900.com/e/cms/home.htm

Soi_Sniffer ................ Thanks for yr reply it's appreciated. Her english at the mo is not great so the Thai version will be the best for sure. The top up cards will be more manageable too! For some reason they prefer to have one from England, but that is probably due to the class thing in LoS. I'll give it to her infront of her friends as they like that. ;) Cheers Daveyh [smiley=thumbup.gif]