Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Airlines I will always be looking for a good deal through their website or another boardmember posting about a good deal here but I will have it booked at least 1 month in advance. Hotels I will beginning checking around soon after my flight is confirmed, but sometimes I will just walkin when I arrive, knowing that it is low season and that I know of other hotel options.

Emil

In the US prices start to drop after 15 September and go back up for late November thru mid January. They drop again until June. I usually pay from Philadelphia, Pa to BKK around $750 including taxes on UA.

Cheapest I ever paid was last May when Cathay Pacific made a mistake and posted a fare for $88USD return. JFK to BKK. They even gave me frequent flyer miles. :rolleyes:

I start watching prices as soon as I get back. I travel in November and prices for November flights seem to drop late early in June. Then I book my flights.

How come it is low season in June and July when I want to go this year but the flights are more expensive than when I went in early December last year. I keep looking and so far have not found any good deals. Hopefully in the next month some specials will pop up.

Hi. kikc69,

It may be low season in Pattaya but it's high season for the airlines, school holidays etc. I get out to Patt. July and Aug. Work in a school and this is the only time I can get 8 weeks off, tend to book around Christmas time. From Man. this year with Emirates the price was £528.

Cheers Doug.

10 weeks and counting :P 2guns :D

How come it is low season in June and July when I want to go this year but the flights are more expensive than when I went in early December last year.  I keep looking and so far have not found any good deals.  Hopefully in the next month some specials will pop up.

From where and how much?

In June from London, other than the Thai deal, is RJ for £372 inc. KLM £410..

Just wondering how far in advance do most of you book your flight and hotel? What seems to be the best way to get a deal?

Depends when your going, really.

For Peak season book well in advance, for off season wait for the best offers

Thanks for the info guys.

I am planning my next trip from first week of Oct until the end of the month.

October is Low Season. I wouldnt panic.

Wait to see if there are some good deals around

I should have said I am in the U.S.A. I have seen some decent prices on Eva from Los Angeles. But they are in May and June. I have to work my travel in on specific times so I do not have a lot of flexibility. Cheapest I have found from Minneapois/St. Paul is about $1000 US. I am hoping that NWA has a deal where you can swap saved mileage. Was able to do that in early December and it only cost $480.00. If not then I guess I will just have to suck it up and pay the $1000. It is still two months out and deals may occur.

• 4 weeks later...

Book as soon as you know you can go for sure...considering spot price increases and decreases.

Can get better seats...and with the current gas problems...I'm thinking sooner is better than later...will get my ticket for Sept. this weekend...

Goodluck.

I always book one week before some better offer hits the streets! :P

Tom

Same same Tom :banghead

Remember last time i booked Eva bout 2 weeks later they dropped tha price by £50 2guns :crying .

Then to top it all i had an email from SQ telling me about double miles on Bkk flights 2guns .

Have only been back 2 weeks and need to book my next trip :eyecrazy

Matt

156 days and counting.........