Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I don't usually watch Coronation Street, but after all the talk both here and in the office I just had to watch it tonight. Was just about pissing myself laughing at her attempted impersonation of someone who has just arrived from Thailand. It was so obvious that the nearest she had ever been to Thailand in a very long time (and maybe ever) was her local Thai restaurant.

Still, the programme did close with the "papa sick routine".

Alan

Me and the missus have been laughing are socks off :D the wife nearly died when she was supposed to be talking Thai on the phone when she told Fred papa was sick :unsure: said it sound like chincky talk to her but never Thai.

Got to agree with your wife, Louy. Even to my uneducated ear,when Orchid said Sawatdii kha, the tones sounded all wrong. Also, I picked up the word phom (the male version of I). Now, as we all (I hope) know, the female version of I is chan (or dichan in formal occasions).

Still a good laugh though :eyecrazy :grin :eyecrazy

Alan

One of the great things being an expat is you done get bombarded with UK soaps, just the Nat Geo and Discovory repeats repeats repeats!!!!!!

Imagen my discuss at my brother, we were both working in Denmark and he'd been home on leave. Went round his apartment for dinner and to watch some tapes he'd brought back from the UK and been on about them all day at work. A f-king month of Coranation ST and Albert sodding Sq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dubious Oscars:[Mail]

Lothario of the week.

`I`ve lost my heart to a vision of Oriental pulchritude :D ...it`s not often a man can use a word like pulchritude in these parts.`

Fred Elliott, Coronation Street.