Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I keep on reading about cheap hotels, like the Sawadee on soi 11 for 300 baht (but it lists for 1000 baht on this site). The acomadation introduction writes abour rooms at 164 baht.

For the REALLY cheap (and poor) visitor what are the rock bottom prices, do they include A/C and in room showers? I don't watch TV since my head is usually elsewhere. :grin-jump

Cherry Lodge up the alley from P72 on Walking Street is Bt2.5k per month but no aircon.

Yeah - and if you get a couple of roommates................................ 2guns 2guns :D

-redwood

Jan, if you're looking for THE cheapest hotel, you may want to go native and just rent a room above a bar.

A Canadian tourist at my local in Soi Pattayland 1 rents a room above the bar (4F) mainly to just leave his clothes and golf clubs.

Now, the room is naturally no Taj Mahal but it has a shower, bog, big bed, stereo, TV, fan and window. (I know he added many of these 'luxuries.')

Less than a one-minute walk away are several restaurants and foodstalls. He says the noise is minimal. Security is tight thanks to the BGs looking out for one another and the Mama san taking care of him.

The cost???

12,000 baht a YEAR!

The daily rate, according to my Casio MW-12T comes to 32.8767123287 baht!!!

Just an option, folks...

Used to be a sign saying 100B per night on Pattaya Klang/Central.

Quite high up, near Foodland, opposide side of road.

But it's a few years ago.

A day walking around 3rd road, Soi Buakaow should pay off.

The Sawasdee's are running specials right now where you pay for 2 nights and the 3rd is free. I think to get that 165 price you need to rent a place for the month. You will have to pay extra for utilities and house cleaning.

Emil

I do need A/C at night as I consider 95f and 100% humidity about my limit.

Is the room above the bar girl friendly?java script:emoticon(':P')

java script:emoticon(':unsure:')

Thanks for all the replies.

In response to your question about the room above the bar (not my bar), then yes it is girl friendly. In fact, many TGs live there themselves.

However, the rate is I think a little higher than Roppongi mentioned but whatever the rate, it would only be available at that level on an annual or very long term basis IMHO. Not really for just a month or so.

A short time rental for 165 B a night? I don't think I would want to stay there, and I have been known to be more adventurous than most. Jan, just get here and then have a look around. There are cheap rooms advertised all along Soi Buakow. Some of the buildings look pretty grim, however. Good luck! Roy

I would think it's kinda tough to find AC room for 165. Check out www.skytoppattaya.com they have AC, TV, fridge, in room safe for 350 per night. Good location on 2nd Rd near soi 6.

Spend a day walking around and checking place's out.......soi bukao & soi diana have loads of new places that will be almost empty at this time of year.

Got a great (brand new) apartment about 38sqM with ac TV (sophon) near excite disco (soi excite) for 6k per month + water electric (about 1500baht with AC on a hell of alot) Laundry downstairs motorbike taxis 20/30 baht anywhere in town.

maid was offered at 75 baht a clean (TG did it for me!)

Walk and look and the most important HAGGLE!!!

H

You/ll be hard pushed to find a room short-term for 165 baht a night.....there is a place for 160-180 baht a night on 2nd road just down from Tims go go bar...but is it basic! If you are here for a bit longer 2mths + there are plenty of rooms at 5k /mth meeting your requirements.......ive got a house out of town but rent a room in town (for nights on the p#ss) across 3rd road from xyzte disco brand new 3k/mth..but i have it year round. 1k for electric, sophon and air.