Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How about bringing cats on an airline?

When I was in Pattaya from October 22-November 22nd, my cat nearlly died back here in the states. Although I left her in great hands, she stopped eating, and wouldn't let her new caretakers get within two feet of her. Finally they threw her out of the house and put her in a one car garage one hundred feet away thinking she wouldn't be as upset hearing strange voices. This is one very loyal animal. I am coming to Pattaya again on March 12 and will stay two months, then return to the U.S. for the summer, to return to Pattaya early August and stay an entire year. But I will have to do something with my cat then. If I can bring her to Thailand that is what I will do. I understand taking her there is not that big of a problem depending on what rules the airlines have. Normally I fly to Bangkok on Eva Airplines. I like the stewardesses for one thing. The Chinese girls are real lookers and just the thing to get me all geared up in my head for Thai women. The American airlines pull their stewardesses out of moth balls and don't even bother to brush the cobwebs off before sticking them in front of me.

Truly an off the wall question that just maybe you would do way better to ask the airline you plan on flying with what their policy is with regards to flying with your pet. O ya, Thailand may have specific rules on pets coming into the country. Way better to ask the Thai embassy in Washington then a bunch of guys on a PUSSY forum.

I don't know the answer but would be interested in finding out - also about quarentine in Thailand. I have two cats that are very important to me and if I were to decide to move to Thailand, would have to figure out how to bring them with me.

Checking with the Thai embassy in Washington is probably the safest course of action. Do the US have quarantine restrictions on animals being brought into the country? Something else to check up on.

I would think that arranging a flight for your cat would be the simplest bit to organise.

Alan

Jack's taking no chances, he's not sure if there will be enough pussy in Pattaya!

Chances are there will be some available, you may have to search for it though. :unsure:

Have a good trip!

Cheers :beer

When I was in Pattaya from October 22-November 22nd, my cat nearlly died back here in the states. Although I left her in great hands, she stopped eating, and wouldn't let her new caretakers get within two feet of her. Finally they threw her out of the house and put her in a one car garage one hundred feet away thinking she wouldn't be as upset hearing strange voices. This is one very loyal animal. I am coming to Pattaya again on March 12 and will stay two months, then return to the U.S. for the summer, to return to Pattaya early August and stay an entire year. But I will have to do something with my cat then. If I can bring her to Thailand that is what I will do. I understand taking her there is not that big of a problem depending on what rules the airlines have. Normally I fly to Bangkok on Eva Airplines. I like the stewardesses for one thing. The Chinese girls are real lookers and just the thing to get me all geared up in my head for Thai women. The American airlines pull their stewardesses out of moth balls and don't even bother to brush the cobwebs off before sticking them in front of me.

Hi Jack,

Some friends of mine emigrated to Thailand earlier this year, and looked into the possibility of taking there cats with them from the UK. :lol:

I am not too sure of the exact details, but I am sure that the cost was about 15,000 per cat, + a fee for the correct quarentine checks in Bangkok. The cats were expected to be fully upto date with the apropriate inoculations, and they would of been kept in quarentine for about 7-10 days after landing at Don Muang.

It was not the cost that put them off, but the fact that the sudden and dramatic climate change would probably of killed off the horrible furry critters? :beer

Best of luck with your investigations,

Prince

When I flew to LOS on EVA Air last month, a woman had a small (and noisy) dog in a mesh bag with her. If they allow a small dog, I don't see why they wouldn't allow a cat.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. — H. L. Mencken

There is only one thing which gathers people for sedition, and that is oppression. — John Locke

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. — Plato

Be careful. Last time I travelled with my pet I had to pay for 2 seats in Business class as an upgrade at the check in desk.

Then they wouldn't allow my Killer Whale in the cabin, and he had to travel in the hold.

Said he looked like a trouble maker, but he's dead nice when you get to know him.

Jesus H. cats and dogs!!!!!

Dont think you wil have a problem taking your cat to LOS as long as you shoot it first.

You can then get it stuffed. Should not be too noisy then.

:eyecrazy :eyecrazy :kissing

2guns CATS! :D What the hell for? :nod Don't you know Thailand is the land of DOGS :nod with Hemoroids :poke2 ! Look around man, this place is not cat friendly :rolleyes: . And, I bet in less then 1 year they will look like Mr. Beaglesworth (no hair)! :nod That's what Thailand will do to them alright your better off putting a cap in there "Domes" now and get them them in cat heaven before you put them thru that LOS misery! IMO... :beer

P.S. I'm a DOG lover myself (not physically). :lol:

The Dude. 2guns

• 2 weeks later...
Don't you know Thailand is the land of DOGS :D

LOS alot of Dogs, i've gotta bring my boys to LOS, they would be in Doggy mongering heaven. :D :D

Jackcorbett,

Good luck to you. I know how it is missing the pets while in LOS. The toughest part about going to LOS for me is missing my dogs, they are too spoiled. :D :D :nod :nod

I'm sure there is a Thai website for you to look at about bringing pets into LOS.

best of luck

kj