Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

UA equipment problem, I'm stuck in BKK

UA has a problem in NRT and they want to overnight everyone there. I think to myself, where would I rather overnight, NRT 60 miles from the middle of nowhere :unsure: or at a hotel in BKK. In less then a New York minute. I opt for the BKK hotel. UA gave me free transfers and stay to the hotel, three meal vouchers and a 3 minute/30 minute internet usage. I have to send in a post card to UA for further compensation.

I grabbed some sleep and cabed it over to Mo Chit and was on Soi 7/1 later that day enjoying a free BBQ at the Aussie bar. Waitress offer up stairs massage for 350 including a beer and 500 for a more then decent smoke.

Thanks UA for an extra night in BKK on your nickel. :P

One Lucky Guy!

In my 20+ trips i've never been thast lucky...matter of fact I usually have to make something up too stay longer!

Make United PAY! I use them on all my trips, trying to use up my miles before they go belly up in bankruptcy!

Happened to me on Cathay a couple of years ago. Only they had unexplicably changed the BKK departure 3 hours earlier so I was holding a ticket for a plane that left an hour earlier. Cathay put me up at a hotel near the airport, they would not put me in a hotel downtown because of the traffic. I just cabbed into the city. I got the one night in Bangkok, but overall a pretty raw deal from Cathay. NO compensation and no upgrade on the flight back for their stupid mistake.

Best deal was from my company. Back when SARS was at its heights. My company paid for me to stay at home an extra week because they were affraid I had SAR despite the fact that only 2000 people out of 3 billion asian contracted it and I didn't even have a sniffel. Stupid people reign.

Yeah 100 posts!

Just my luck...United did it too me on the way to BKK. Initially they stranded me at LAX, finally put me on China Airlines, landed in Taipai too late for connection to bkk and had to spend the night at a way overpriced hotel next to the airport.

United was accomodating....they offered me a $100 travel voucher good only for domestic travel.

F*** United!

BigD,

This should be posted in the Member's Area. :(

As the board's unofficial moderator you should realise this is the open forum which specifically prohibits any bar or bar girl talk. :D

Hope she was worth it though!

Tom

Smoke ie: Montecristo #8 500 baht. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

• 1 month later...

In todays mail, I received a letter from United. They in closed a $100USD travel voucher good for domestic travel and one year validity. I'm thinking of making a trip to Sacramento, California soon as I want to hook up with a fellow board member.

When I visited the USA and flew with United you could listen to Air traffic on channel 9 of the radio, post 911 do they still let you do that?

FWIW before it wasn't every flight, captains discretion.

You can still listen to air traffic control on channel 9.

• 2 weeks later...

This trip was a frequent flyer ticket and you get no air miles when I was rerouted they placed me on US Air metal and I was checking my mileage total on UA and US Air made a mistake and credited my account with 4700 air miles. :P

BigDUSA

Then I trust you will be contacting them forthwith, and alerting them to this error? :P

L