Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hey Guys,considering going into partnership with a Thai lady in a business in walking street,obviously I will need a work permit.

Give the low down, pitfalls proceedures etc,all advise apreciated. <huh

Hey Guys,considering going into partnership with a Thai lady in a business in walking street,obviously I will need a work permit.

Give the low down, pitfalls proceedures etc,all advise apreciated. :clueless

Up to you of course but give me some info on what you are doing and i'll try to give you the advice you need.

Up to you of course but give me some info on what you are doing and i'll try to give you the advice you need. B)

Thanks Dave,Looking at a building in the walking Street Area 3 stories

1. Bar with Bgs

2. Traditional Thai Massage etc

3. giftware

My partner would have majority share holding if required & we would have our own accomodation on site.

Thanks

:huh:

Give the low down, pitfalls proceedures etc,all advise apreciated. :huh:

Going into business with a Thai lady. Oh no another lamb to the slaughter.

If the Thai lady has majority control of the business, and she will, then you have no rights whatsoever. This amounts to your buying her the business. Period. In fact I've heard many stories about falang men buying house in Thai lady's name only to come home one night to find locks have been changed and Thai husband firmly enscrounched in house.

I think it would be wise to never never get house in Thai lady's name, to always make sure you are worth more money alive than dead and to have complete control of the money supply so she is completely dependent upon you. Make sure that once you have given big gift to Thai lady that you have not given her the big prize she is looking for and are no longer useful to her.

I know the scams that go on,this lady wants to put up a majority of the money she owns more than one property in Thailand and wants to sell one to make this happen.

All I want to know is the work permit process,as much as I know your comments are for my protection and I do appreciate the thought ,I am not totally stupid,I think (THINK) being the operative word that this lady may be genuine.

Lets get back to work permits, Guys.

:eyecrazy

You'll need a Thai company that is eligible to sponsor a work pemit for you, which means you'll have to set up a company.

Here are links from thaivisa.com that should help you start to zero in on the process. Some of this is in answer to specific questions or situations but there should be enough here to give you a general idea of what you're in for.

See post #3 re company sponsored work permits.

http://tinyurl.com/a3h4a

See post #4 re company formation:

http://tinyurl.com/b3bc7

And post #2 for a grim dose of reality:

http://tinyurl.com/d2eye

-redwood

Make sure that you are down as a director on the company papers and have a legal agreement drawn up between you and her.

For a work permit you need-

2 million capital investment.

4 thai staff.

non imm b visa.

a registered company.

money.

etc

well ill give you my tuppence worth for what its worth! about 15 years ago i was renting a little "cafe" on the beach in samui. i didnt have any papers or permits etc but nobody bothered me! (cant see that happening nowadays!) anyway obviously i had to do the renting etc thru a thai girl (and no i wasnt involved with her or anything !- in fact she was a lesbian!) anyway i digress! she did it through a "cousin" of hers (so many cousins these thais!) it went ok not much custom though and i barely made any money as food and drink is hard to make any money on unless youre packed every night! anyway after a few months i knocked it on the head, i didnt really lose any money, but id never do it again as ,for one there is just so much competition, doing business with any thai (and im married to one and ive been going to thailand for over 20 years) is extremely frustating to any "farang", if you are foing to be "hands on its extremely hard work, you will need plenty of money and patience! but! of course there are plenty of farangs with successful businesses over there! so as i say its just my own humble experience and opinion! personnaly id rather either retire or semi retire out there and not have to rely on a business ,but the best of luck to you mate and if and when you get up and running ill pop in for a drink and eat my words! good luck mate!

On Sky TV last night was 'Bangkok Bound' and in this edition a London guy got hooked up with a TG

Well, it worked out well for them both and he started Christys ladyboy cabaret bar in Ko Samui, I guess Chaweng.

They were later going to expand the bar, the programme seemed a couple of years old.

Not sure how the guy got the necessary paperwork to run the business, or if business is still booming.

On Sky TV last night was 'Bangkok Bound' and in this edition a London guy got hooked up with a TG <grin only after a few days he found out she used to be a he :D

Well, it worked out well for them both and he started Christys ladyboy cabaret bar in Ko Samui, I guess Chaweng.

They were later going to expand the bar, the programme seemed a couple of years old.

Not sure how the guy got the necessary paperwork to run the business, or if business is still booming.

Cheers, I have checked this out she is without a doubt :chogdee2 a she,I mean anybody who can drink me under the table has to be,Right.Ha HA

Edited by Iain
Going into business with a Thai lady. Oh no another lamb to the slaughter.

clubman, not that I want to insult you, but from your posts you do not appear to be an expert on business in Thailand, neither an expert on anything else. I think some people here on this board already run succesful business with Thai partners, why don't you let us all know about your personal experience and why you thknk you are competent to comment on it?

cheers

cyber

clubman, not that I want to insult you, but from your posts you do not appear to be an expert on business in Thailand, neither an expert on anything else. I think some people here on this board already run succesful business with Thai partners, why don't you let us all know about your personal experience and why you thknk you are competent to comment on it?

cheers

cyber

I would love to C u August 13 8pm FLB bar & we can talk,thanks 4 your concern.

I will not splash my questions all over the net

Edited by Iain