Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

A new sign has appeared on the doors of the soon to be opened Coyotee a gogo. "Bar owners please respectfully ask for permission to enter"

I know what this aimed at as i've spent the day with all concerned but after seeing this myself i've decided that i will not be going in there.

I think this is a very rude and stupid thing to do and i'm wondering who they think they are.

I've posted this purposely to get a reaction from it BTW.

Cheers

:clap1

Coyotee a gogo.

"Bar owners please respectfully ask for permission to enter"

some days I really glad to be a stupid american!! :ang2

1) what the fuck is that some kind of "Queens English", cuz if I don't have a fucking clue what they were talking about B)

2) if it's a "coyotye" agogo, same same boyztown?, wouldn't go anyway

3) as an american I don't have to resectivefuly ask anybody 2guns

can't we all just get along :finger :moon

no need giving me the location, won't be going there anyway.

and oh DT you got no bg's anyway :unsure:

I know that the arguing is'nt about The Blues Factory its about go go's but after seeing the sign today it really offended me, I know that it probably would'nt apply to me but what kind of message are they trying to put out? I'm not even sure that this is the manager (you know who i mean) thats done this as i don't believe he's that stupid.

I've spent today with the owners of C.E.B, Dollhouse, LD showcase, Heavens Above, Hootys, Happy, Beach Club and Peppermint and no one can believe the stupity of the sign. :ang2

I'm not going to go because i will not ask permission to go anywhere, And to be honest i'm not being told i CAN come in by any farang bar owner here.

I don't have any enemies here (i don't think? B) ) but the sign includes me. :unsure:

I thought that poaching mamasans and staff were one of the biggest no-no in the bar business and could cause serious physical problems for the owner doing it?

I thought that poaching mamasans and staff were one of the biggest no-no in the bar business and could cause serious physical problems for the owner doing it?

Maybe the reason for the sign being there? :D

This made me recall one of my clients who put up a sign on the door of his deli. It read:

"No traffic Wardens served here!"

This turned out to be as a result of my client getting a 3 month suspended prison sentence for ABH. After getting his third parking ticket in a week he threw the Traffic Wardens hat and ticket machine over a fence on to the railway line! :P

I hope this is not directed at Mr Clubman . :hairout

If you talk about clubman who is a member on this site - I think the sign does not talk about imaginary bars :D

cheers

cyber

Poaching staff is a big no-no here in Funtown but there are usually no contracts of employment so there you go. Threads arising from doing such a thing do exist.

The biggest worry for a go-go is losing the mamasan or head mamasan if there is more than one. In well managed go-gos, I have first hand experience that 50% plus of the girls would follow the mamasan.

Actually, this new go-go is being rather two faced as I know first hand that he tried to poach a mamasan from another go-go about 2 months ago !!!

In any case, a farang boss would not be the one to go poaching in a go-go, you would use your current girls. In any case, to fill up the go-go with girls, he will have to resort to some form of poaching or bribery himself !!!

A new sign has appeared on the doors of the soon to be opened Coyotee a gogo. "Bar owners please respectfully ask for permission to enter"

I know what this aimed at as i've spent the day with all concerned but after seeing this myself i've decided that i will not be going in there.

I think this is a very rude and stupid thing to do and i'm wondering who they think they are.

Cheers

:unsure:

Maybe they had problems with Bar Owners before. Is this in the same line as the No Arabs allowed thread?

I thought that was settled at each bar gets to make its own rules?

Agree with Dave Thailand that the sign is ridiculous and insulting. Kind of hypocritical being that the bar has anywhere from 8-10 partners, many of which are partners in other bars already. The majority of poaching is usually done by the girls operating on commission for how many they can bring in.

Guess they are choosing to make themselves as isolated as their location. I also will not be checking the place out. Too much good stuff elsewhere to put up with that kind of bullshit! Especially this time of year!!!. Cheers, B-Man

Cheers

:bs

Stupid sign. Is it a Brit owned place ? Maybe they intend to identify other bar owners and want to give them the VIP treatment.

Sign has been removed now.

Well done TJ :D

I could'nt give a monkey's regarding arguements between the gogo's to be honest as it has nothing to do with my business, although I understand fully why some gogo's get annoyed.. The sign worded how it was implied all owners, thats why I took offence to it.

I will now go in there and have a drink with the wife. :chogdee2

Thread closed I believe. :D

Had a chat with one of the partners last night. When i told about the sign he immediately called the main operator saying that is was all over the web boards and what the hell was he thinking. He said it was meant as a joke but removed it anyway. Guess he was the only one that saw any humor in it. Anyway think it will be a while before i stop by and see what the big deal is if any. cheers, B-Man!

There are other ways of poaching, not to mention any names, but I went into a go-go awhile back with another FLB boardmember and our 2 dates who were employed at other bars and the mamasam who came over to sit at our table very quickly was trying to recruit them. I thought it was very smart on her part and cracked up when she reached over and coped a feel to see if the one BG's hooters were for real.