Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I am generally the intrepid type who seeks out adventure and new conquests. However, quite frankly I'm a bit intimidated about going to BKK and Pattaya for the first time without any guidance. Can someone tell me where the local expat farang hang-out is? I'm sure I could use a couple of quick pointers before diving into the soup. I'll be there January 1-14th. I know it's early and there is plenty of time, but I'm collecting ideas now.

Also, what does anyone think about those english-thai-english (or whatever) translation book? do they work? Thanks for any input in advance. See you(?) soon! <grin

Also, what does anyone think about those english-thai-english (or whatever) translation book? do they work? Thanks for any input in advance. See you(?) soon! :moon

It is more a funny game, than discussing the world affairs... :hairout But a really funny game.... :D

I can't comment on the scene in Bangkok, but I'd suggest looking into the FLB in Pattaya. Ask for Ben or Martin either of whom wll be able to give you pointers and perhaps introduce you to other members. Whatever else you do, don't make plans as you won't be able to keep to them :hairout

As for these so called dictionaries. They are really of limited use. You have to recognise the vowel sounds, differentiate between short and long vowels as well as getting the tone right.

As an example, glay spoken with a mid tone means "far" and glay with a falling tone means "near"

Alan

In Bangkok, there are so many places where expats hang out. It's a huge city. But if you want to meet expats and see nice girls at the same time, go to Soi33 - any of the artists bars will have a number of expats every evening. :rolleyes: Also Soi Cowboy is popular with Expats.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to PM me

cheers

cyber

Edited by cybers1b

Arrive at the FLB ask for Ben Introduce your self and he will introduce you to other members as when Regulars are in town they will many times start there night off here

FLB is a great starting point for someone on there first Visit to Pattaya :chogdee2

Edited by Soi7

I agree with Soi 7. You are reading the FLB forum, why not stop by and meet some of the folks that are contributing to it. Besides, MM needs more new punters to come here and pay the increased barfines.

Cheers

I agree with Soi 7. You are reading the FLB forum, why not stop by and meet some of the folks that are contributing to it. Besides, MM needs more new punters to come here and pay the increased barfines.
:clap1 :clap1