Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

New York Hotels

Hmmmm, depends what you call reasonable for NY. A couple of weeks ago I stayed in the Hilton Times Square. I would recommend it as a great location. Not sure on cost, would suggest you try on the internet and see what prices you can get before you arrive. Cheers

I did a quick search on some websites and was astonished at the prices some shitholes are charging. For example the Hotel Pennsylvania is a shithole and wanted 350 a night. But for only about 50 bucks extra one could get morgan's which is an extremely nice hotel.

Think occupancy is so tight now, that the low end hotels are raising rates sky-high.

Holiday Inn on 32nd and Broadway. I think it's around $200 -$300. The average price for the hotels in Manhattan is about $350 a night. You may want to stay in New Jersey close to Manhattan. Price will be very different. You can get a suttle bus from the hotel to Manhattan. Most of my friends do that.

Ibber,

I like to stay at the omni hotel on 52nd st. I think it's called omni berkshire. Small rooms like all NY hotels but very comfortable. The location is great as you can walk to 5th Avenue where all the shopping is and very close to Central Park a NY landmark. I would suggest going to a website called biddingfortravel.com It is a guide for priceline and if you go to the site you can get an idea by clicking city list

Then you go to priceline and make your bid. If it's too involved and the money is not that big of a deal just find something online. The Omni is very nice, has a concierge desk to help with restaurants and touristy things like statue of liberty, ellis island and empire state building. As far as restaurants.....Ny is famous for pizza and italian food....John's pizza is the best and many great italian restaurants....try Carmine's for Italian food..2 locations.......you can take a taxi wherever you want to go...Also Museum of Natural History and Museum of Modern art are very good stops. Feel free to PM me for any additional info as I grew up in NYC and know it pretty well.

Eric

You can stay in the Courtyard-Marriot in Jersey ity which is a 30 second walk to PATH station which is a 10 minute subway type train to Greenwich Village, and 15 minutes to 33th Street (end of line).

It's a 2.5 star Jersey City zone if you're bidding on Priceline.

Comments on biddingfortravel.com (for priceline) seem to indicate that the New York and adjacent Jersey City hotel markets are much more expensive now than a few months ago.

You can PM me too. I live in Manhattan and work in Jersey City. If you're going to spring for 350 a night, it should be for a place like W-Union Square, Morgan's, or the Royalton. There will be lots of shitholes at that price. Surprisngly the very top end such as the Sherry Netherland and Pierre are not that expensive compared to the shitholes.

Also depends what you want to do in New York re hotel location.

if you're going to a Broadway show my recomendation is Ave Q.

I'm a cheap charlie, so if I were visiting NYC, I'd stay at Hotel 17. Some of their rooms have shared bathrooms, I think. If you are seriously considering this hotel, let me know and I'll check it out for you, I live a few blocks away.

Caveat: As a New yorker, i don't stay in New York hotels and am much more knowlegeable about pattaya hotels. And bars! :banana

Edited by partyanimal

I can recommend the Belvedere Hotel on West 48th Street. It is in the heart of the theatre district. Good midtown location. Rooms are modern and clean, but small(many NY hotels are). Good friendly staff also. Rates are reasonable by NYC standards.LOL

Try this website: www.hotelbelvederenewyork.com

Good Luck

Guido

Ibber,

I was checking online and you can book the omni berkshire for 319USD thru Expedia.com . Priceline has 4 star Manhattan hotels at 175-200USD. I would stay in Manhattan on the upper east side or midtown east area.It's a very nice hotel.

Eric

Define cheap.

Cheapest rpice for a 4 star anywhere in NY is around 125 thru priceline. to get an idea of what you can get and what are successful bids on priceline check out

http:/www.BiddingForTravel.com

they have the info on priceline bids.

:rolleyes: :beer

Edited by cowboy