Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Does Pattaya have a beach?

Been to Pattaya 3 times this year and haven't seen the beach once (I'm assuming there is a beach), I normally spend the daylight hours either in bed or by the hotel pool, on my next trip I intend to downsize the hotel which may mean I don't have a pool and will need to sunbath at the beach or elsewhere, my questions are.....

1. is there a proper beach? or is it a 2 foot wide strip of sand?

2. are there sun beds and umbrellas on the beach?

3. any beach areas better than others North, South, Central ?

4. any where else to sleep/sunbath in the sun during the day, park or maybe another friendly hotel.?

5. what sort of costs will I be looking at for beach umbrellas/beds/entry to parks etc..

Moving on, I've done the go-go bars and want something different in the way of evening entertainment, my lady and I both like the live music Blues bar just off Walking Street are there any more free live music bars or restaurants (with AirCon) in or around Pattaya, any other suggestion for evening entertainment, remember keep it clean. :P

Visited three times and a visit to walking street and still doesnt know if pattaya has a beach?????

A clue.... Its near the coconut trees!

Let me get this right.

Been to Pattaya 3 times and have not seen the beach and dont know if a beach exist? Perhaps the location named Pattaya Beach should be a big clue.

Just curious, Which hotel did you stay at and where was it located?

Ha ha, in conclusion Bro, I know I've had some bad nights where even I must admit I can't remember where I was or what was around me, but for you, perhaps it was best you never made it near the water as alot of unpleasant things can happen to someone who is truly in worst shape than me and clearly shouldn't be near a large body of water. :clap1

But don't worry, I'm sure you will find the beach on your 4th visit there. Its not too hard, just keep walking and the water will find You. If not, PM me and if I happen to be there at the time, we'll have a beer and find this beach together.

cheers

PT

Edited by phantomtiger

The beach arfea on the north, from Orchide Amari until central road is the loviest part of the beach of Pattaya. Umbrellas and chair cost 20 bahts.

Been to Pattaya 3 times this year and haven't seen the beach once (I'm assuming there is a beach), I normally spend the daylight hours either in bed or by the hotel pool, on my next trip I intend to downsize the hotel which may mean I don't have a pool and will need to sunbath at the beach or elsewhere, my questions are.....

1. is there a proper beach? or is it a 2 foot wide strip of sand?

2. are there sun beds and umbrellas on the beach?

3. any beach areas better than others North, South, Central ?

4. any where else to sleep/sunbath in the sun during the day, park or maybe another friendly hotel.?

5. what sort of costs will I be looking at for beach umbrellas/beds/entry to parks etc..

Moving on, I've done the go-go bars and want something different in the way of evening entertainment, my lady and I both like the live music Blues bar just off Walking Street are there any more free live music bars or restaurants (with AirCon) in or around Pattaya, any other suggestion for evening entertainment, remember keep it clean. :banghead

Are you a dumb cunt or just blind???

Whoa guy's,steady on.

Picture the scene,

1) up all night drinking and other things 2guns

2)wakes up feeling shit so just kicks back by the pool

3)gets pissed in the soi's(maybe does short time)goes back to the soi's and drinks some more.

4)get's baht bus to walking street(while pissed)

5)and then gets one back to the hotel at the end of the night.

having never seen the beach maybe he thought it was just a harbour??

although i think i would have made the effort on my second visit to at least see if there was a beach :chogdee2

Aussie 20, why so aggressive mate? my original question might sound stupid but it was genuine, I really don't know what the beach is like, I've only ever been on Beach Road after dark and you can't see the beach then, in the past I wasn't interested in the beach as Valley Boy said I chill by the pool during the day and at night hit the bars, On the 3 occasions I've stayed in Pattaya none of hotel's have had a view of Pattaya beach or been anywhere near it so how would I know what the beach was like?, OK maybe I should have taken time out to look at it but why when I wasn't interested in it? how many of you guys have bothered to look at the pool of a 5* hotel that you're not interested in.

I don't think the question deserved the replies some of you posted, all I wanted to know was is the beach any good, is it a dirty swamp, or covered in shit, or full of fishing boats, get the idea, that's what a forum is, I don't know something so I ask a question, you lot in turn are supposed to post anwsers based on your personal knowledge and experience and try to help me understand, help me gain knowledge, get it?

Has pattaya a beach ?

i dont know im ther for the ..................................... :banana :bj2

Try Google

After three visits you never seen the beach, if youre in Pattaya it can't be too far. Pretty lame question. It would be a bit easier just to go see the beach for your self.

swaggart_bible1.gif

Na fellow ocker just telling the way he sees it.

:nod  :nod

Maybe but theres no reason to be like that!!!!!

The bloke must have a BIG problem(oh yeah he has......... hes an aussie like yourself)

:rolleyes:

Be a man and take what i said with a pinch of salt pleeeeeease!!!!!!!

Edited by farman

i thought it was a massive sesspit , the offical advice from the home office is never touch the liquid that touches the small ground up pebbles at pattaya unless you really really have to , and then in such unavoidable instances get a full chemical scrub down in one of north pattaya's toxic scrub soapy massage palaces , oh bolloxs to it , any one for a dip ??????????????????

The beach in Pattaya is awful. There's a lot of hassle from hawkers and you've got the fumes from the traffic on Beach Road just behind you. Years back they used to pump the shit straight out into the sea there and I wouldn't be surprised if they still do. There's no way I'd get into that water.

Anybody who's been to Pattaya and didn't see the beach must have had one hell of a time. Nice one!

Bunple, the best beaches are on the islands and the most accessible one is Koh Larn. You can catch a ferry for 20 baht or charter a speed boat for about 1500. A speed boat takes about 15-20 minutes, the ferry 30-40.

Chomtien, 10 minutes from Pattaya by baht bus, used to be a decent beach while Pattaya Beach itself was a virtual sewer. Recently they've cleaned Pattaya up and Chomtien has gone to turds. TIT :clueless

I wouldn't swim at Chomtien now. Broken glass, bags, food sticks. A bloody mess.

There's also a few private beaches between Pattas and Chomtien that are pretty good but not as clean as the islands.

All the beaches have food and drink stands.

This site may offer a bit more insight or search this board.

Cheers :banana