Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

THAI SALE - LHR-BKK

:cry1 :beer Hey folks, I have just booked Thai air flights from LHR to BKK with Expedia.com at 318.00 and 93.10 tax for April. Fares are sale price for departures from 23 April. Expedia are cheaper than westeast travel at the moment. I phoned westeast this morning, was hanging on the line for 20mins waiting to be answered and was quoted 30 quid more than expedia. Limited seats folks so book fast. Also no painful credit card or delivery charge fee. The price you see is the price you pay. Total was 411.09. Now who can beat that??? :beer :beer :lol:
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had an e-mail from Lastminute so I put in the dates when I may be going.

LHR-BKK 7th Feb

BKK-LHR 21st March £427 including taxes :chogdee2

The only thing I have to be careful of with these offers is sometimes you cannot change the inbound flight or it can cost you £100.

Sorry, this is with Thai.

Edited by Gus

Just went to book with last minute and they add a £5 delivery charge at the end although its an e ticket .Still a superb price, up around only £25 on last years prices booking in jan for june flights.

So give or take a few pennies Expedia and Lastminute are around the same price for june deps .

ive just booked for the end of march with airline ticket network flying thai, i paid just over £1,200 for myself my missus and our daughter, this was £70 cheaper than west-east travel so i was quite pleased! only a "Q" ticket though so will only get 50% of miles on our r.o.p. cards but better than nothing! only trouble is ive got to do the hard part now and get time off work! a quick note though these "specials" are selling fast! as i was on the phone this morning the flight i wanted on the outbound literally sold out as i was doing the booking! also the same thing happened whilst i was phoning west-east!

marleyboy,

only a "Q" ticket though so will only get 50% of miles on our r.o.p. cards but better than nothing!

I understood that it is only V and W classes that attract the restricted mileage.

Tom

oops! youre right tom! ive got "V" class tickets! getting excited and got carried away! just checking my dates now and ill be gone for 32 days so i suppose ill need a visa? years ago i just paid 100 baht a day excess but im sure those days are gone? guess ill have to buy some visas then! £25.00 a go! although last time the nice woman in the cardiff consulate only charged me £15 for my daughters visa!

Just checking the price of flights, I'm off to Thailand for the last week in June and the first two weeks of July, www.airline-network.co.uk has direct flights with Thai air on these dates for £410.00! Anyone find a cheaper deal than this? :lol:

:lol: :D :D My tickets arrived first post this morning from Expedia. Only 36 hours after I pressed the send button. Very pleased with the service. Have prebooked meals and seats, again free of charge.

The inbound flight date is ammendable at a cost of a hundred quid, not that I want to change. No change permitted with the outbound flight.

Not sure where to find the 'class' of ticket I am travelling on, as mentioned by other members, hope I dont get 50% mileage, but at 411 pounds who cares. :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rascall,

Assuming you've been issued with a standard (blue/pink) IATA ticket, you will find the class sandwiched between the flight number and date of travel. For Thai promotional fares it is likely to be V or W.

Tom

This Thai offer is excellent compared to the other airlines which fly direct. I will probably fly out on the first Tuesday in February, which flight is usually the most popular(full), the morning or evening one? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Cheshire Tom. I have just checked my ticket and it is W class. Not sure what that means or what other restrictions apply, but hey, for four hundred and eleven quid to the LOS I would be prepared to sit in the toilet for all of the flight.

Cheshire tom

Time goes by so fasts ... Lillys 2 years old end of Feb, and life good. It's funny how many Thai girls you meet over here when you have a thai wife. I want to send Joy and Lilly over on the 2 nd April so she can have some time up in the village, i'll fly out on the 27 April and then fly out to Siem Reap for 3 nights then back to Bangkok meet Joy and Lilly then head to Pattaya for 6 night then up to Udon Thani (so joy can fill the cases up with food).

Edited by gerald
oops! youre right tom! ive got "V" class tickets! getting excited and got carried away! just checking my dates now and ill be gone for 32 days so i suppose ill need a visa? years ago i just paid 100 baht a day excess but im sure those days are gone? guess ill have to buy some visas then! £25.00 a go! although last time the nice woman in the cardiff consulate only charged me £15 for my daughters visa!

200 baht per day now.

The risk is that the airline doesn't allow you to fly without a visa.

After a couple of things happening (or not happening)today, it looks like I will be going 31/1 and returning 1/3, just within the 30 days :beer

Looking around I have found LGW-BKK-LHR via doha with Qatar for £413 inc tax with expedia.

I can still get Thai from LHR with various from £427 inc.

Eva with Ours is £475+ = about £570 but with ebookers £542 inc

I will check out westeast and then book tomorrow all being well.

Eva will have better entertainment but whether it is worth £115 I doubt it.

Maybe go with Thai and take some strong sleeping tablets, if anyone knows any tips how to guarantee an aisle seat with Thai please send PM.

Rgds :rolleyes:

Just checked out Travelocity, business class, LHR-BKK for June

£1068 Qatar,not direct. £1161 Eva direct and £1903 Thai direct all inc tax .

gus whenever i fly l always get the travel agent i book with to book my seats (booked 42 a,b, and c, last week with ariline network) or else failing that try phoning thai airways in london? like i say ive always got more or less what i wanted! (obviously cant get the emergency exit one!) if im travelling alone i try to get a seat at the back of plane where there are only 2 seats , so you only have 1 passenger climbing over you when he or she wants to take a leak! take a look at thais site they have the seat layout i think the seat with only 2 together is about seat 68 or 69?