Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I do not want to live in Pattaya.

Where can we live that is Farang friendly, has great broadband internet access, and is close to the beach with a great swimming pool? I have a non-BG girlfriend and she hates Pattaya. I do too anymore as my whoring days are over.

I had my first whore-free trip already and I rather prefer it. I visited her hometown - Nong Khai and was amazed at how sedate the people were. No one drove as they do in Pattaya, they all took their time. I thought I was back in America as everyone was so nice on the road. I'd even ride a motorcycle there.

While Nong Khai is wonderful the broadband latency there is horrible. My business will rely on reliably fast internet access.

What about places such as Rayong or Sattahip. Banglamung perhaps? I want to wake up smelling the clean ocean air, not the stifling crap in the middle of Pattaya.

Can anyone help me with some information?

Mate, I know it's a fair didtance from the places you've mentioned, (all around Pattaya itself), but have you considered Koh Chang? A 30 min ferry trip from the mainland adjacent to Trat. Great beaches, DSL internet and a really friendly ambience.

... just a thought

Yes, but I am also assuming that I will pay quite a premium to live there. Yes? I am not wealthy, just intelligent and a businessman. I'm going to LOS now, rather than later and will need to start a business there. Not sure if I can do what I want on an island.

What are the beaches like further from Pattaya - SE? Farangs or all Thais?

Yes, but I am also assuming that I will pay quite a premium to live there. Yes? I am not wealthy, just intelligent and a businessman. I'm going to LOS now, rather than later and will need to start a business there. Not sure if I can do what I want on an island.

Do a tour and find out for yourself troll!!

Up and coming area is the fishing village of Bang Saray (approx 15 kilo south of Pattaya towards Rayong), well worth an investment lovely quiet beach with a small town. Lots of developments just kicking off, have a friend who purchased 6 rai of land and paid 650,000 per rai, a sea view with less than a five minute drive to the beach.

Also Sattahip supposed to be OK but full of military...not my cup of tea.

Edited by kolobos

I don't like your tone. I'm in America. Go take your paranoid fantasies elsewhere. If you cannot help, don't add static to the issue.

Edited by PERTURBED

One of the things that keeps me away from Pattaya is the murderous assholes behind the wheel and I refer to both Farang and Thai. I was very surprised to find that Thais don't drive like they do in Pattaya in places other than Pattaya. If I substituted Americans behind the wheels of the cars and trucks of Nong Khai, they would not drive differently. I don't want to live ina place where every day is a game of life where 90 percent of the drivers take some joy in trying to run you down.

I thought most Thais were assholes when they got behind the wheel, but it isn't true.

Is the attitude different in places like Sattahip or Bang Saray?

I don't like your tone. I'm in America. Go take your paranoid fantasies elsewhere. If you cannot help, don't add static to the issue.

Perturbed, I am at a loss with your comments regarding my post?

Don't like my tone...like erm wtf you on about?

Paranoid fantasies...eh hemm hellllooooo????

If cannot help don't ad static....are you tripping or something?????????

Perturbed, like you I am also a new member though I don't think your attitude will help you much when looking for information.

Now lets see!You are Intelligent and a business man but not wealthy.

Maybe not as intelligent as you think if you are a business man with no money???

I can't help you either, it seems you have been here, have a girl and now don't want to come back. Maybe stay where you are now then ? If it is such a shithole, why would we all live here ?

Nevermind, we like it.

I can't help you either, it seems you have been here, have a girl and now don't want to come back. Maybe stay where you are now then ? If it is such a shithole, why would we all live here ?

Nevermind, we like it.

I gave my millions to an orphanage locally. I'm starting over.

I gave my millions to an orphanage locally. I'm starting over.

Do you read and understand English? Pattaya isn't our cup of tea. I have outgrown it and she doesn't like the type of people that inhabit Pattaya. It is filled with lowlifes. I can't speak for you.

Perturbed

You hit right on the nails head. I too am tired of Pattaya . Of course my retirement is 9 years off and LOS will still be my main destination but not in Pattaya . I too will live in the smaller provinces.LOS weather and food remains at the top of my list but the Pattaya nightlife has so changed since I first saw it in 1991 .

But like you also stated everyone to their own.

Good luck with your future move. If you find a province to your liking please share the info .

Joker

Do you read and understand English? Pattaya isn't our cup of tea. I have outgrown it and she doesn't like the type of people that inhabit Pattaya. It is filled with lowlifes. I can't speak for you.

I agree with you Perturbed.Its best you and me leave right now.You leave tonight and i'll follow tomorrow.......promise. :D

Lowlifes eh ?

Great welcome to a board specifically about Pattaya and calling us all "lowlifes". Maybe you're too "high brow" or upper class for us. Thats OK, we've seen your sort before.

I resemble that remark.

Sailfast

Whenever I think that either I or many others here might be considered low lifes I simply rise above it all and ride my bike up to the top of Buddha Hill and other nearby heights to take in the greater picture. http://www.alphapro.com/showcase

Las Vegas and Atlantic City are also filled with lowlifes. I made no motion towards any of you, but it is interesting that you think I referred to you.

We call that a Fruedian slip. If you think so little of yourself that you counted yourself among the lowlifes of Pattaya then I pity you.

Read the newspapers and you will the lowlifes I mention. They are the scumbags who take advantage of Farang, the lowlifes who kill a Farang for 2000 baht, or the Baht Bus Driver who tries to run you down in the street.

What crowd are you running with?

I like Pattaya as a vacation destination, I have my doubts if my wife and I will live there when we make the move.

My wifes a registered nurse who specializes in drug and alcohol addiction. I think she'd have a lot of customers if she set's up her practice in Pattaya.

Las Vegas and Atlantic City are also filled with lowlifes. I made no motion towards any of you, but it is interesting that you think I referred to you.

We call that a Fruedian slip. If you think so little of yourself that you counted yourself among the lowlifes of Pattaya then I pity you.

Read the newspapers and you will the lowlifes I mention. They are the scumbags who take advantage of Farang, the lowlifes who kill a Farang for 2000 baht, or the Baht Bus Driver who tries to run you down in the street.

What crowd are you running with?

You said Pattaya was "filled" with lowlifes.Any resident would consider that an insult.Your childish pedantic nature is beyond pathetic.