Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hotel w Internet and Guest friendly

I know I might get some flame for not "doing my homework", but I'm looking to shortcut hours of tedious searching. I am also appealing to the kindness and understanding of all of my fellow bordmembers to simply help with any recent info you might have on this.

Yes, I am looking for a hotel in the central area of Pattaya that has internet connection for my laptop, in-room or otherwise (wireless is great), and is also guest friendly. In the price range of 1000-1200baht or less if possible.

About the only one I am surre of is the Sandy Spring on Soi 13, but that one is a little on the pricier side.

Doing serches on these criteria returns a plethora of references to the ammenities I mentioned yet somehow I can not glean from all the returned resultes a simple selection of hotels.

So, I thought I'd just ask... yes, at great risk of being thoroughly spanked, for anyone who has recently stayed in a hotel of this caliber, please respond and let me know. I will be eternally indebted to you all, and will buy you a round when I am in Pattaya this May/June.

Thanks for the help guys.

SB

Edited by spoojebob
I know I might get some flame for not "doing my homework", but I'm looking to shortcut hours of tedious searching. I am also appealing to the kindness and understanding of all of my fellow bordmembers to simply help with any recent info you might have on this.

Yes, I am looking for a hotel in the central area of Pattaya that has Internet, in-room or otherwise, and is also guest friendly. In the price range of 1000-1200baht or less if possible.

About the only one I am surre of is the Sandy Spring on Soi 13, but that one is a little on the pricier side.

Doing serches on these criteria returns a plethora of references to the ammenities I mentioned yet somehow I can not glean from all the returned resultes a simple selection of hotels.

So, I thought I'd just ask... yes, at great risk of being thoroughly spanked, for anyone who has recently stayed in a hotel of this caliber, please respond and let me know. I will be eternally indebted to you all, and will buy you a round when I am in Pattaya this May/June.

Thanks for the help guys.

SB

I'm not sure what you want - Do want a hotel with a computer in the room, or a internet connection for your laptop?

I stayed at the Eastony Residence hotel on Soi 10, and the 7th floor had wired internet in the room. New hotel, clean rooms and good location, I paid about 1100 Bt in high season with ABF for 2 (Teelek and me)

I'm not sure what you want - Do want a hotel with a computer in the room, or a internet connection for your laptop?

I stayed at the Eastony Residence hotel on Soi 10, and the 7th floor had wired internet in the room. New hotel, clean rooms and good location, I paid about 1100 Bt in high season with ABF for 2 (Teelek and me)

Thanks much for the info billrussell.

Are you refering to the Eastiny Inn? This hotel is on Soi 8, and it is suggested to not barfine from Soi 8 bars due to having to walk past each day to and from hotel. So this kind of put this place in the "not so good" list of places to stay, due to the fact that I'll spend a lot of time with the ladies on Soi 8.

But it sounds like you're refering to a diferent place.

I also heard that the Eastiny Inn has a sister hotel. Is this the one you are refering to? Funny thing is, all the reviews I read talk about Eastiny Inn the 7th floor is the place everyone suggests. Probably just a coincidence.

To answer your question, I need a connection either wired or wireless for my laptop in order to do some work while in LOS.

So how do I get in touch with the Eastony Residence hotel? Website? Phone?

Thanks again.

SB

Thanks much for the info billrussell.

Are you refering to the Eastiny Inn? This hotel is on Soi 8, and it is suggested to not barfine from Soi 8 bars due to having to walk past each day to and from hotel. So this kind of put this place in the "not so good" list of places to stay, due to the fact that I'll spend a lot of time with the ladies on Soi 8.

But it sounds like you're refering to a diferent place.

I also heard that the Eastiny Inn has a sister hotel. Is this the one you are refering to? Funny thing is, all the reviews I read talk about Eastiny Inn the 7th floor is the place everyone suggests. Probably just a coincidence.

To answer your question, I need a connection either wired or wireless for my laptop in order to do some work while in LOS.

So how do I get in touch with the Eastony Residence hotel? Website? Phone?

Thanks again.

SB

The Eastiny Residence hotel is indeed on Soi 10 And the Eastiny Inn is on Soi 8 same company.

The Eastiny Residence is located on soi 10 and during my last trip in December (stayed at Sandy Spring soi 13) I walked past this hotel a few times and liked its location. I did a bit of research on the boards which all seemed generally positive and as I wanted wi-fi internet for my forthcoming visit in May I booked in for 27 days. Negotiating directly with them by email I was able to get a rate of 1,190 bt per night for a deluxe 7th floor room with wi-fi internet and two free American breakfasts daily. – 33 days to wheels up :chogdee2

Am not too technically knowledgeable, but on occasion have found that wifi doesn't work equally well - or at all - with my apple mac. would i encounter any such problem with the eastiny residence in soi 10?

do they have a website? do they have a monthly rate (intend stay around 50 days)?

billrussell, was your 1100 baht room (on 7th floor) with the internet connexion?

For a hotel between soi 1 to walking street, with internet connexion to my laptop (wireless or not), possibilities suggested are eastiny res, vault and victoria inn. Is that it - nothing else?

I'm planning a trip at end-may for up to 60 days. Never been in low season (& just once in high); would the best be to book at a familiar hotel for some days and look around/negotiate for the long term rate when here? would appreciate advice from experienced long-termers at that time of year.

Areca Lodge,you cant beat it.

www.arecalodge.com

Yes, but I don't believe I've read or heard anywhere that they have internet connections in the rooms or wireless. I need to be able to connect my laptop.

SB

Yes, but I don't believe I've read or heard anywhere that they have internet connections in the rooms or wireless. I need to be able to connect my laptop.

SB

no wireless as of January 2006. The 4 terminals they have in the lobby I believe are 1 baht per minute, with 20B minimum? Anyway, the connection speed sucks bigtime and is very frustrating. :allright Other than that, excellent value for what you get.

Edited by Tengotodo

I made an Inquiry to the Eastiny Residence on Soi 10. Sister hotel to the Eastiny Inn on Soi8.

The have internet (wired connection) in the Deluxe rooms, and wireless in the lobby area.

1190baht/night incl breakfasts.

I think I will be confirming to stay there.

I thank all of you for the replies and suggestions.

This is a GREAT forum.

SB