Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Is Pattaya a really big place to walk around?

Hey all, maps dont really tell much. And as I was looking to be near Soi 7 and 8 (I've read thats where the best nightlife is) I was wondering if it'd just be easier to book a hotel around that area or would it matter if it was on Soi 1, or 2 etc etc. Also, could someone tell me what "Walking Street" is please? I'm assuming it's a main road of go go bars etc or something like that, but I keep seeing references to it and am not totally sure what it is, is it a long road? Cheers all, much appreciated.

Edited by Carragher

Soi7/8 is pretty much Central Pattaya. From there you could walk to Walking Street in about 15minutes & 15 minutes to the bars of Soi2/3 area. 7/8 are also very well served by the Baht buses and gettin around the beach area from there is easy. Pattaya however, extends quite a bit back from the beach and has bars almost everywhere although the areas we are refering to are the more celebrated areas for tourists.

Walking Street in full flow is a shock to the system on you first visit. You will never have seen anything like it previously. In the evening it is closed to traffic. It is full of beer bars, go go bars, eating places, discos, street vendors, tailors and of course people of all nationalites. There are a couple of bars that view onto the street and I have spent many times sipping my beer watching the world go by. It can be hugely entertaining. It is probably about 1km in length from one end to the other.

But for the heat, you could probably walk all around Pattaya if you had a little time on your hands. Considering the heat, though, it's not much fun. Better to hop on a baht bus if you want to go somewhere.

Rex

Soi 7 ot 8 is a good location to base yourself. from here you can get to SOI 6 and soapies by going to top of the soi and getting a Baht bus for 10 baht. You can go to the bottom of the soi and get a baht bus to walking street for 10 bht. It is also very easy to get back to soi 7/8 from these areas.

It's not a long walk to get anywhere in Pattaya (except the outlying areas where you probably won't go anyway) but the heat saps the energy from you, also you will not want to start you're evening out dripping with sweat. Use the baht busses to get an initial perspective on the place and then during the day you can go for a stroll around the area, if you get tired, just jump on a baht bus

Soi 7 ot 8 is a good location to base yourself. from here you can get to SOI 6 and soapies by going to top of the soi and getting a Baht bus for 10 baht. You can go to the bottom of the soi and get a baht bus to walking street for 10 bht. It is also very easy to get back to soi 7/8 from these areas.

It's not a long walk to get anywhere in Pattaya (except the outlying areas where you probably won't go anyway) but the heat saps the energy from you, also you will not want to start you're evening out dripping with sweat. Use the baht busses to get an initial perspective on the place and then during the day you can go for a stroll around the area, if you get tired, just jump on a baht bus

Hi mate, thanks for your advice. At the moment i'm looking at a hotel on Soi 13 with has pretty good reviews and everyone mentions what a good location it is, would you recommend that area? Thanks.

I stayed at the Lek Hotel on 2nd Road between Sois 12 and 13. I found that the location was very convenient. It is easy to get to Walking Street, Sois 6, 7 and 8 and the Soaps and bar complexes near Big C. The baht busses are frequent, although I had to wait for one for 2 minutes once.. :clueless There are also few good bars in the Soi 13 area.

I stayed at the Lek Hotel on 2nd Road between Sois 12 and 13. I found that the location was very convenient. It is easy to get to Walking Street, Sois 6, 7 and 8 and the Soaps and bar complexes near Big C. The baht busses are frequent, although I had to wait for one for 2 minutes once.. :D There are also few good bars in the Soi 13 area.

Cheers for that mate, appreciate the advice. :P

I have stayed on Soi 13 the past three trips. It is a fairly quiet street without all the beer bars. Easy walk to Walking Street and other bars or walk up to 2nd Rd and take the baht bus to Soi 7/8 area. Some of the hotels there are Dynasty Inn, Sandy Springs, Lek, and Whitehouse Condotel.

I have stayed on Soi 13 the past three trips. It is a fairly quiet street without all the beer bars. Easy walk to Walking Street and other bars or walk up to 2nd Rd and take the baht bus to Soi 7/8 area. Some of the hotels there are Dynasty Inn, Sandy Springs, Lek, and Whitehouse Condotel.

Cheers mate. Sandy Spring is the one I might be staying at, seems to have really good reviews and a lot of them, the odd negative one but not everyone is going to like the same thing so it looks a good option at the moment.

Hi :lol: to soi 12/13 location. i have stayed at Lek on soi12 as well as Dynasty Inn and Whitehouse Condotel on soi13. last trip tried to book Sandy Spring but they didn`t have a room. 10 or 15 minute walk to Walking Street,yet fairly quiet at night,eay access to the bahtbus`.. don`t think you can go far wrong with your choice

Have a Good Time!! :D

Sandy Springs is a great hotel, two negatives, and this totally depends on what you need. 1) No in-room internet connection if you need one for work. 2) No monthly rate if you're gonna be staying for more than 2 weeks.

Other than that it's a great location almost in the middle of Soi 13, so it makes it convenient for going out as well as coming back.

Sandy Springs is my hotel of choice also. I usually get a suite because I am not a huge sleeper and like to get up and roam around. This lets my TG of the day sleep in if she likes. The suites are actually just two bedrooms with one having a sofa and chairs plus tv while the other room has a bed and television. The swimming pool is nice, not large but ok to lay around in. The staff have always been very nice to me and gave service with a smile. I think a lot of that has to do with I was always very respectful to them and they in turn return the respect. Very guest friendly. If you have a long time girl and do not want to bother with showing her ID they do not ask. If she is new and you would feel safer with leaving her ID they will take it and hold on to it until she leaves. No in room safe but no problems encountered using the lock boxes. Plenty of hot water in the showers which has the shower head and bathtub combined. Can order food through room service which I think they have made at the restaurant next door. All in all an excellent place to stay. When you do go there ask about the members discount. Membership costs 400 or 500 baht but if you will be there more than a week it will save you money on the cost of a room. Good Luck and have fun.

Edited by kikc69