Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• 1 month later...

I tip 200 but have a regular caddy at E.Star and she gets 300.

My regular caddy gets a drink halfway and she drinks it.I don't buy drinks for other caddies.

Dear Marge,

As the world's worst golfer, caddies get a tip from me if they don't laugh when I play a shot!

I used to give 300 for 9 holes but now I make it 200. My usual playing partner likes to flirt and 'chat up' his caddies. Which is fine if he does it on the move but when he adds another couple of minutes per shot trying to ingratiate himself, I find that I'm rushing to compensate and keep us to speed. I hate holding up play and so I just walk to the address and thwack the fucker....... If I slow down and deliberate I become equally tense and it results in the same awful play.

To add to my woes, whatever tip I give my caddy, he'll always give his caddy 100 baht more.

What should I do?

I Dont get this why would you tip a caddy what is around £6 when you only tip waitresses 50-60p and the caddys are paid more anyway is it a golf snobery thing

You can either afford to play golf or you can't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 3 months later...

All these fees and tips. No wonder this is a sport of the rich old farts. Why not quit this bs and head to a bar. Cheaper and more fun.

I spend a lot more on tips when I'm out on a night in Pattaya than I do on the golf course.

• 8 months later...

Well, I usually pay 300 for okay caddie and 500 baht for good caddie PLUS

I buy drinks and snack PLUS

I usually give them an small stuffed Kangaroo or koala bag ( cheap) PLUS

100 Baht per birdie. (About 200 baht per trip TOTAL :-(

Over generous? I don't think so. Better them working there than the bars. I am just a working stiff but it does not cost too much .

End of the day, it is what I am comfortable with.

cheers

Niko

• 1 month later...

So u wwere crap at golf before improving with a caddie that knows the course lol lol

300 or at least equal to the caddie fee is the norm for me, but there are a couple of caddies I regularly use that I tip as much as 500; they're so good I'd use them in tournament play. They not only read the greens better than I can even after playing this game for 48 years, they know my game and can regularly pull the right club for me without me asking for it; know my short game well enough to hand me the right wedge of the 4 that I carry, and can give me the right strategy to take off the tee.

• Downvote 1

Phew… that was a sharp retort … a year and a half later ! :bhappy Mind, looks as though it wasn't appreciated by someone!

Not sure I want a caddy. It sounds like you are lucky if you get one that can really help you, like reading greens. Spending hours with a woman, spending money on her with little chance of getting her back to the room just seems like a waste. But I would enjoy a round or two next trip. I would bring my own shoes and golf glove but would need to rent the rest.

I've heard of caddies meeting golfers after work, so don't consider your money is wasted on that front.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4