Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Not really a topic about "deals". Just could not believe the prices when I checked today. I purchased my n/s Thai ticket about 2 months ago for under $1600. Price today if over $2100! Jesus. I suggest anyone thinking about going in June/July either buy immediately, or wait for the very last second.

I purchased my ticket with Singapore Airlines a couple of months ago for a Melbourne to Bkk return via Singapore. Its about $200 more now.

Fuel surcharges and fucking government taxes make a big difference as well. :chogdee2

As we enter the traditional vacations months for many parts of the world, the fares start to rise by mid/late May and stay up until mid/late September. You can mark your calendars by it.

One airline was charging their usual "off season" fares until 13/14 May. On Monday the 15th the fare went up by $160.00US. By next month I think it will be up at least another $80.00US or more. By mid/late September it will be right back to where it was on 13 May.

Tom, where are you when we need you?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Samsonite

I think all that is happening is that fares ex US are finding the level they should have been at for a good few years. For the Brits, the middle east airlines will ensure that prices stay relatively flat for a good few years particularly since they are continually taking delivery of the most fuel-efficient aircraft the market has to offer. Also, the price of oil is usually traded in US dollars and the exchange rates over the last 9 months or so have favoured the Europeans and, comparitively speaking, dampened the impact of the higher (dollar) costs of fuel.

For the Brits, the middle east airlines will ensure that prices stay relatively flat for a good few years particularly since they are continually taking delivery of the most fuel-efficient aircraft the market has to offer

Hi,

Airbus 380 starts flying into Heathrow tomorrow. :clap2 :D Think first Singapore Airways flight is due to arrive over the skys of London at 13.00 hrs on it's way into Heathrow.

Hi,

Airbus 380 starts flying into Heathrow tomorrow.  :clap2  :D Think first Singapore Airways flight is due to arrive over the skys of London at 13.00 hrs on it's way into Heathrow.

Must be a demo only.

A finished A380 won't be delivered to the launch airline, Singapore, until November or December, if then. Unless it is delivered "ready to go," which would be unlikely, it will take Singapore Air another month or so to prepare it for commercial service. So, you will not see an A380 in passenger service until December '06 or January '07 at the earliest.

Edited by Samsonite