Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Visited Thailand & Pattaya for 1st time this year on package holiday.

Great time, loved it.

Just booked for 1st time on internet under my own steam for next Feb '07.

Flights via Opodo site, economy on Emirates MAN to BKK. Confirmation states economy restricted.

Anybody know if this means dodgy seating (Boeing 777)?

Also booked suite at Residence Gardens.

Any feedback appreciated.

Al

:cry1

As a general rule Economy Restricted ususally means fares are cheaper than other fares but they have requirements such as minimum stay, maximum stay, advance purchase with rebooking, rerouting and refund limitations.

The ones that really make a difference are the rebooking, rerouting and refund limitations. These are the things that make such tickets not feasible for some flyers. :cry1

Unfortunately, on Emirates, your seat is also restricted on their 777s. They manage to squeeze in 10 seats per row as opposed to most other airlines 9. Their IFE is good though ....... if you are able to move your arns to operate it. :chogdee2

Emirates is nice, although as other posters have pointed out the restricted part of the ticket is if you dont go, no money back and no date change type stuff - usually restricted to special fares such as promotions - "TV" Deals and that type of stuff.

Fantastic ticket but YOU are going on the date on the ticket or not at all basically.

Visited Thailand & Pattaya for 1st time this year on package holiday.

Great time, loved it.

Just booked for 1st time on internet under my own steam for next Feb '07.

Flights via Opodo site, economy on Emirates MAN to BKK. Confirmation states economy restricted.

Anybody know if this means dodgy seating (Boeing 777)?

Also booked suite at Residence Gardens.

Any feedback appreciated.

Al

<grin

Out of curiosity how much did it cost? I know that Etihad have good deals out of Manchester.

Thanks to all for the info.

Much appreciated.

Ticket cost £425 which was cheapest I could get for next Feb '07.

Could have got much cheaper if flying in next few months.

This is first time I've booked independtly on internet for long haul, so haven't the bottle to wait 'til nearer date for possible cheaper flight.

Cheers

Al

:clueless

Restricted, on a airline ticket

usually means (as pointed out in an earlier post) that there are restrictions on changes and limited or no refundability with potential service charges for changes. It usually also means the ticket can not be upgraded. Policies vary by airline.