Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi my Friends.

Have come home today after staying at this very good clean hotel in the heart of

Soi Baukaow from September 22nd until October 7th. I know there is a thread with

regards to Jasmine Hotel further down but i thought i would say a few things about

the Jasmine Mansion.

Kevin and Jin have an excellant place here and made me and my mate most welcome

and were always on hand to help with any problems that arose, which unfortunately

did arise during our stay but not to do with the hotel, you do not get this at other hotels.

Our rooms where very good and clean with maid service every day, the full of beans

cafe was excellant the food well cooked and alway hot.

I did like the special afternoon menu which cost just 70BT and was an excellant meal.

The security at the Jasmine is first class with a door entree system and inroom electronic

safe which if you want you can change codes as often has you want.

There is everything around the hotel that you need from 7/11 shop to bars, chemist,

and much more which makes the Jasmine an excellant location.

And finally a big thank you again to Kevin and Jin for making my 25th visit to Pattaya

one of the best, see you again in the near furture.

Dave and my mate Kevin.

I had a look at this place last month with a view to staying there at Xmas. Rooms looked excellent and Kevin was very affable.

Unfortunately, he was already booked out for high season, which I guess means he's doing something right. :banghead

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst generally receiving favourable reviews this past year a few customers have remarked on the low water pressure in our fourth floor rooms. After the initial remarks earlier in the year a separate system was put in place which appeared to be adequate although it later became clear that at times of heavy water usage in the rest of the hotel the water pressure dropped on the fourth floor.

We have today completed the installation of a separate water pump for all fourth floor rooms plus the Penthouse and this is running from a supply independent to the rest of the hotel.

I have just completed the testing of the showers in all rooms and the system is working perfectly and the pressure is greater than any other part of the hotel. In fact were in any higher it would likely knock you straight through the wall whilst removing several layers of skin!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am delighted to announce completion of refurbishment works on our Penthouse Apartment and full details together with an extensive photo gallery will appear on the web site (www.jasminemansion.com) later next week. The Penthouse is already heavily booked through December and January with a few advance bookings made for next year. although on the 5th floor this offering plenty of excercise once the stairs have been navigated this is superb place to stay - I know as I lived there for two years!!

I now give some details for those who may be interested and I would have liked to have added a few pictures as I have done on oher forums, however, I just cannot see how to add pictures on this site - if anyone can help it would be appreciated!!

The Penthouse has been the subject of a comprehensive refurbishment completed towards the end of 2006 and will be the subject of annual redecoration in the same fashion as all of other rooms.

This is spacious modern accommodation which is unlikely to be bettered in terms of value for money anywhere in Pattaya. The Penthouse offers you a range of different areas in an open plan style with a minimalist design. There are a large range of windows all around the apartment including the bathroom which creates a wonderfully bright space which you can keep cool with the double air conditioning units!!

The sleeping area offers a King sized bed with two bed side tables and attractive bed side wall lights. Opposite the bed is a unit upon which there is a large television with cable connection and modern DVD player. There is a separate seating area with two chairs and a coffee table which can be easily moved around the room to suit your mood.

To the rear of the apartment there is a separate dressing area with a range of wardrobes and a dressing table with large mirror above. The bathroom is of a modern design with a large bath and a shower over, glass sink with glass shelving either side and windows to two sides.

Outside there is a covered kitchen and dining area with a range of fitted wall and base units, electric hob, microwave oven, water heater, sink and drainer unit and dining table & chairs. To the front there is an attractive terrace with numerous potted plants and shrubs on which to enjoy a spot of sunbathing on one of the covered sun beds and an outside shower to cool you down when the going gets too hot. This area has an awning enabling you to sit out under shade if preferred and further offers skyline views across Pattaya.

Just spent ten days at the Jasmine and really enjoyed it. The only drawbacks were navigating the stairs when returning home drunk and the lack of in-room Internet. I knew these two factors going in and am very satisfied with my stay. Strong value for the money and Kevin is a top guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Stinger - thanks for your kind words, I hope we will see you back here soon. The WiFi installation is on the top of my priority list as you know and hopefully this will be in place soon - my computer guy has been AWOL for the last few days which is his way but as soon as he returns to action then this issue will be resolved. As for the stairs, well there is little I can do about that - just think of it as some much needed exercise to counter the beer consumption!!

We will have black out curtains installed in all of the east facing (balcony) rooms and the Penthouse within the next week to 10 days. The order has been placed and the curtain fiters are working on this now which will mean those with a balcony room will not be woken by the morning sun. This was something raised by a member of one of the forums and I hope continues to show that what our customers say is important to us and that we do take notice of what you tell us.

All the best to everyone for Christmas and New Year.

We will have black out curtains installed in all of the east facing (balcony) rooms and the Penthouse within the next week to 10 days. The order has been placed and the curtain fiters are working on this now which will mean those with a balcony room will not be woken by the morning sun. This was something raised by a member of one of the forums and I hope continues to show that what our customers say is important to us and that we do take notice of what you tell us.

All the best to everyone for Christmas and New Year.

i quite like the morning sun, wakes me up for a bit of morning fun before going back to sleep again :bigsmile:

see you in january! D

Edited by deadman

Well as the year draws to a close I am pleased to confirm that virtually all improvements planned for 2006 have been completed following the installation of our WiFi system. We have routers in the lobby and on the second, fourth and penthouse floors to ensure a good strong signal throughout the hotel.

The WiFi access is free to hotel guests and will be available in the Lobby/Cafe for use by non-residents for a fee of B50. However, this fee will be waived if a customer has a food/drink bin in excess of B100. We have limited seating in our cafe and it is therefore necessary to ensure this is not taken up by customers simply using our WiFi access without purchasing food or drink from the cafe.

We have and will continue to listen to what our customers say and make changes and improvements wherever possible. Over the past few weeks we have installed a separate water pump to provide a higher pressure supply to the fourth floor rooms and had all curtains lined in the east facing balcony rooms as the direct result of comments made by guests this year.

Thankyou to those of you who have made important constructive comments which has greatly assisted us in hopefully improving upon our already high standards.

cookie,

When will your penthouse be finished and when will you have photos of it? What is its total size in square metres?

I asked Cookie the same question via e.mail.

It about 30 SQM's (including bathroom) but excluding the terrace and kitchen area outside.

The Suite is booked from 10th June to 9th August :banghead I know because I booked it, so hands off :D

Cookie will send you the photos via e.mail if you ask him nicely :bigsmile: Apartment looks really nice.

Alternatively, wait until the New Year, when the website should be updated.

(that's the end of my duties as Cookies unappointed salesman)

Edited by ben99

Would also be nice to have some more photos of the rooms (including the bathrooms), outside and inside (reception etc.). And be able to click on them for fullsize/bigger photo (on their website). No big thing, just a suggestion :)

Could anyone help me with these questions?:

1. Is the in-room safe big enough for a laptop?

2. Does the 24/7 security include ID-checking the guests?

I could email them, but then maybe someone could have the same questions.

Thanks!

Would also be nice to have some more photos of the rooms (including the bathrooms), outside and inside (reception etc.). And be able to click on them for fullsize/bigger photo (on their website). No big thing, just a suggestion :)

Could anyone help me with these questions?:

1. Is the in-room safe big enough for a laptop?

2. Does the 24/7 security include ID-checking the guests?

I could email them, but then maybe someone could have the same questions.

Thanks!

The safes are reasonably sized but as I didnt have my laptop with me last time i don't know if the safe is big enough. It would be pretty close though.

The security did ID check the girls and ID's were taken the first coupleof times the girls stayed there. After the second time the same girl stayed they only checked the ID and let her keep it. I think that was the policy but Kevin will be able to confirm it.

Inocybe the in-room safe is NOT big enough for a laptop.I stayed there eariler this month and it´s a good clean hotel with very friendly staff and owner..The only thing i did not like was the curtins in the room because the sun will wake you up very early but i belive they have changes them by now but i´m not sure...But still it´s a good choice of hotel and i enjoyed my stay there.

Jesper.

Shuggy and jesper_dk,

Thanks for that information! Too bad that hotels (most) don't have a solution for people using laptops. It's often the most expencive item we take with us.

I have seen one hotel in Pattaya that has a wall mounted connection point for a Kensington lock (a steel wire). Unless the girls don't carry a wire cutter or are strong enough to break the wire from the computer, it would propably be kinda safe ( http://no.kensington.com/html/11937.html ). Unfortunately this would make the laptop quite visible in the room, and therefore guests or staff could come later with the tools they need.

Some hotels have safetyboxes, but that prevents us for easy access to our laptops. So, you understand, I don't have a good solution for this (except for a big safe). I'm just pointing this out, and maybe someone have a great idea to solve this :clueless

Great that JM take ID's, it makes it a bit safer to bring freelancers.

Edited by Inocybe
Shuggy and jesper_dk,

Thanks for that information! Too bad that hotels (most) don't have a solution for people using laptops. It's often the most expencive item we take with us.

I have seen one hotel in Pattaya that has a wall mounted connection point for a Kensington lock (a steel wire). Unless the girls don't carry a wire cutter or are strong enough to break the wire from the computer, it would propably be kinda safe ( http://no.kensington.com/html/11937.html ). Unfortunately this would make the laptop quite visible in the room, and therefore guests or staff could come later with the tools they need.

Some hotels have safetyboxes, but that prevents us for easy access to our laptops. So, you understand, I don't have a good solution for this (except for a big safe). I'm just pointing this out, and maybe someone have a great idea to solve this :allright

Great that JM take ID's, it makes it a bit safer to bring freelancers.

I will sugest that if you are travelling with a suitcase with a lock then use it as a safe for your laptop.It will work fine i belive i have done it a few times.

Jesper.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys - sorry for not responding to the various questions but I have been away in bangkok for a few days -to find out the reason for my trip go to the new Diary article which I will post after this message.

Anyway I think the questions have all been answered but I would clarify things as the owner:

1. The safe's are not big enough for a laptop although we have a number of guests who bring them without any problems. The number of customers is, of course, increasing as we now have WiFi available.

2. There is a security door to the guest areas, the reception is manned 24 hours a day and we have CCTV coverage of the guest areas. Any lady who comes into the hotel (unless she is a permanent partner of the paying guest) has her ID card taken and her details are recorded. The ID card is retained by reception and returned upon departure, however, a lady who may visit on several occassions simply has the date and time of her arrival and departure noted as we already have the pertinent information.

3. All curtains to the balcony rooms, east facing, have now been lined to overcome the problem with the sun rise waking guests.

4. I will always be pleased to reply personally to anyone who contacts me and send whatever information I can or pictures that may be required of the hotel and rooms. I may have had the question 100 times but that is no reason to not ask it - you haven't had the ansdwwer so ask away!!

Thanks again,

Regards,

Kevin

hi cookie,

just a wee note to congratulate you on a superb guest house. I liked the decor in the restuarant area and its places like yourself that is bringing the soi bukaw area upmarket.

Youll remember you and i had the laugh about making a robbie williams bus run (alas he cancelled)!!

keep up the good work!

Vidman - good to hear from you. Robbie Williams cancellation capped off a fine musical year for me. I was taking my daughter and her friend to see the Black Eyed Peas when they had a one night show in Bangkok. Due to a mentally defecient taxi driver who refused to listen to my directions having been to the arena on two previous occassions he insisted he knew best. Well he got us off the freeway with two hours to go before the start of the concert and smack bang into the middle of Bangkok Friday night traffic. 5 hours later and despite the concert having been delayed for over 30 minutes we arrived to hear the final song!!!! It is rare that I reach the point of being beyond rage but that night I did!!

• 1 month later...

Jasmine Mansion, Soi Baukaow

We have always received very positive reviews from the Pattaya Forums and again I thank all of you who have posted comments about our hotel. We have always listened to what our customers have to say and react positively wherever we are able.

In this regard I am pleased to announce that we will be in a position to accept payment by Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) by end March, 2007. Full details will be available to those enquiring once this system is in place.

Three weeks go we installed a new pool table into the hotel lobby and whilst this has been well received by all guests it has failed to improve my game in any shape or form!

We are presently costing the installation of double glazing to the first and second floor rooms that face onto Soi Baukaow. The increase in activity and traffic in the area has inevitably led to an increase in noise levels and we will therefore endeavour to combat this.

Our Summer Season rates start from 1st May and we will be introducing some special offers for forum members to go along with the daily, weekly and monthly rates applicable during this period. Details of these offers will be posted as and when applicable or available when you make a booking enquiry.

Best Regards,

Kevin Meacher