Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

aloha,

arriving late, and wanting a taxi from the new airport straight to pattaya.....anyone ever use mr toom?

i often feel a bit uncomfortable late at night on the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel when i am on my own. i remember the rumors back in the 90's about some guys dissappearing soon after they got into the airport taxi.

has anyone ctually used mr toom? does he personally drive? or does he farm out his runs? how are his english skills? any pull for prices at hotels in pattaya?

i appreciete any comments, eric

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used Mr. Toom on 5 occasions including 2 pickups at 3:00AM he and his drivers have never let me down. He does drive but also subcontracts to other drivers depending on the work load - the driver's english skills have varied from excellent to basic the cars from good to great.

Will continue to use his service - use to be 1200 Baht old airport to Pattaya not sure if there is any change with the new airport.

I used Mr. Toom's service from the new airport 2 weeks ago. Mr. Pong was waiting with a sign as promised. Mr. Pong had a decent small car, was a good driver and found my accomodation in Pattaya with no problem. I recommend him. Price quoted and paid was 1200B.

I was order a taxi for my friends in july and Mr. Toom just forgot about it. ( maybe because it was too early ? ) Upon my contribution here, he wrote me a solly... In my answer I asked him to call them ( thai number ) , as they wanted to rent a taxi for a whole day trip to BKK.... No any calls despite the promise.

It is not only me on an other board many similar experiences.

I've used him and his driver on loads of occasions, even phoning at 1am to get a car for 5am and always ok. Better though sometimes to get a Thai talk to him if the description of where you want the pick up or what you want to do is difficult to describe.

Perhaps a couple of issues in the past but not "many similar experiences" as Gabor states. If he was crap, I wouldn't use him.

5 complaints in a short topic a lot for me...even from expats. Maybe you are an important regular, so why your sucess... However, for me the only one happens with me is too much. It is not a gambling game, it must be a service.

I've used him and his driver on loads of occasions, even phoning at 1am to get a car for 5am and always ok. Better though sometimes to get a Thai talk to him if the description of where you want the pick up or what you want to do is difficult to describe.

Perhaps a couple of issues in the past but not "many similar experiences" as Gabor states. If he was crap, I wouldn't use him.

on one of the other boards there are a lot of complaints about his service,dont think i would risk it.

I have used Mr.Toom on six seperate occassions and I have two friends who have both used him on four occassions. I have never, nor have my friends, experienced anything other than a good service at a very competitive price. We all have booked him again for our January trips.

I will continue to recommend him.

In my opinion you are not taking a risk.

aloha,

arriving late, and wanting a taxi from the new airport straight to pattaya.....anyone ever use mr toom?

i often feel a bit uncomfortable late at night on the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel when i am on my own. i remember the rumors back in the 90's about some guys dissappearing soon after they got into the airport taxi.

has anyone ctually used mr toom? does he personally drive? or does he farm out his runs? how are his english skills? any pull for prices at hotels in pattaya?

i appreciete any comments, eric

Don't worry about disappearing soon after you get into Mr Toom's cab. He will beat you to it and disappear before you arrive at the airport.

I booked Mr. Toom on my last trip, but couldnt find him when I came in to the arrival hall after customs.

Maybe it was because I had to wait for almost an hour for my luggage, so I give him the benefit of the doubt there.

I've only used him once -- on my last trip -- but would use his service in again without hesitation. One of his drivers met me at Nana Hotel, where I'd been staying for a couple of days, and got me door-to-door to the RG in less than 2 hours. He was actually about 10 minutes early picking me up and it was a great ride. The driver was friendly and courteous, spoke good English, and I still don't believe the car was as old as he said it was; it was spotless.

I've used his service twice and was pleased each time. Neither time was Toom the driver but each was in contact with him by cell phone to report the status. I recommend the service.

Oh, and the price was right. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Arrived this morning into BKK and had arranged an airport pickup at 0530 through Mr Toom.

With my experience I'll certainly go along with others and say that I would definitely recommend the service.

The plane was a little late and my bags must have taken 40 minutes to come through so all in all the driver had to wait almost an hour for me. No problem though, he was there, as promised.

The journey to Pattaya was a smooth and comfortable one in a Volvo 760. The driver even offered to make 'comfort' stops for coffee, smoke, toilet, etc

Cost 1200 baht, including Tolls ............ not the cheapest, judging by the many streetsigns I now see around the Town, but I can't fault the service.

A+

Edited by casper_uk
  • 2 weeks later...

I just used Mr. Toom's service again on this trip and it went perfectly. I hade already been in Bangkkok for a few days and arranged for a driver to pick up up at my hotel and get me to the RG. He was actually quite early and waited patiently for me to get ready, and despite hitting some traffic in the usual places on the way south I arrived at the RG in a very reasonable amount of time.

on one of the other boards there are a lot of complaints about his service,dont think i would risk it.

Dont believe all you read as jealousy often plays a big part!.I haved used "Toom" on many occasions the last being just yesterday and have NEVER had a problem,price at 1200 baht is on the dearer side but well worth it!