I guess that means you won't be flying the first 787s either? :thumbup

That's right.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

You'll have to find an airline that doesn't have one of the first 26 off the production line then. Which means that you won't be flying anywhere on an A380 in a year or two. :thumbup

It seems Denny's modus operandi is to choose the vessels with a little mileage.

BGs included. :wanker :bigsmile:

It seems Denny's modus operandi is to choose the vessels with a little mileage.

BGs included. :wanker :bigsmile:

He makes me chuckle. In one breath he says he won't fly on the first year models and in the next breath he goes on about flying on Thai's A340-500 from JFK. :thumbup

He makes me chuckle. In one breath he says he won't fly on the first year models and in the next breath he goes on about flying on Thai's A340-500 from JFK. :sosad

Thai had been flying that route well over a year when I finally flew with them.

Thai had been flying that route well over a year when I finally flew with them.

Dearie, dearie me! :D

Will you never learn? Don't tell porkie pies ....................... you only end up looking like an even bigger idiot :rolleyes:

Thai's A340-500 service BKK-JFK-BKK commenced on 1 May 2005

"Thai Airways Makes Aviation History with First Bangkok-New York Non-Stop

Business Wire, May 1, 2005

NEW YORK -- Thai Airways International Public Company Limited flew into the record books this morning when it completed its first non-stop flight from Bangkok to New York."

Eight months later ...................................

Posted on: Jan 15 2006, 01:51 AM

Elite Poster

Group: Participant

Member No.: 56

I'm arriving BKK on 20 January on Thai 0791, JFK-BKK at 4:05PM.

Not at all.

Actually, I quite confident that in the long run I'll be proven correct.

:D

Hi,

Too funny. :rolleyes: As right as you were proven in the case of the 787 ? :thumbup

Edited by wacmedia
Dearie, dearie me! :allright

Will you never learn? Don't tell porkie pies ....................... you only end up looking like an even bigger idiot

NEW YORK -- Thai Airways International Public Company Limited flew into the record books this morning when it completed its first non-stop flight from Bangkok to New York."

I'm arriving BKK on 20 January on Thai 0791, JFK-BKK at 4:05PM.

Oh dear... BigD seems to suffer from amnesia... must be going senile. Poor old BigD :allright

Maybe we should rename BigD Mr Forgetful.

Edited by TheFiend
That's right.

I think with that statement, it shows your confidence in Boeing's new Marvella Plastico know as the 787. :allright

Lemme tell you, I was excited to fly in the 777-300ER. Flew it within the first 2 months after EVA used it for revenue flights. It would still be a great airplane if they reduced the seat count to 2-3-2 in Elite Class, and a 2-4-2 in economy. It isn't no 747, and the 777 is a thinner fuselage than the 747. That's why I hate it. Unless you're flying business class, be prepared for a very uncomfortable 14 hours.

Edited by eltib
Dearie, dearie me! :unsure:

Will you never learn? Don't tell porkie pies ....................... you only end up looking like an even bigger idiot :bigsmile:

What can I say but thank GOD you have the time to go back through my old post's and see if I made an error. Let's see January 2006 and here it is October 2007 and I got it wrong. Yah know that's one of the problems I have being able to make so many trips each year they tend to run together. I have to admit it's a 'nice' problem I have and one you can't afford. :allright

Once again I have to LMAOAY and your anal retentive ways. Your one weird guy. :sorry

I think with that statement, it shows your confidence in Boeing's new Marvella Plastico know as the 787. :fingers

I look at anything that's 'all new' with skepticism especially if my ass is in it at 35,000 feet. I like to see a track record established before I get in it. :allright

Yah know that's one of the problems I have being able to make so many trips each year they tend to run together. I have to admit it's a 'nice' problem I have and one you can't afford. :allright

LOL. Why on earth would I want to make four or five economy class trips to Philadelphia?

Like most weekends, I'll be dining on Samila Beach again this week. And you? :allright

What can I say but thank GOD you have the time to go back through my old post's and see if I made an error. Let's see January 2006 and here it is October 2007 and I got it wrong.

This being forgetful lark is becoming a bit of a habit, is it not? :clueless Didn't you have to make a public apology to Hub and I for "being forgetful" a while back?

Maybe you should take a trip to the Royal Garden the next time you're in town (just ask any of the locals for directions) ....................

Maybe you should take a trip to the Royal Garden the next time you're in town (just ask any of the locals for directions) ....................

:D :behead :bow :D

By the time BigD found this stall he would probably forgot what he was looking for :bj2

Edited by TheFiend
Yah know that's one of the problems I have being able to make so many trips each year they tend to run together. I have to admit it's a 'nice' problem I have and one you can't afford. :behead

LOL. Why on earth would I want to make four or five economy class trips to Philadelphia?

Like most weekends, I'll be dining on Samila Beach again this week. And you? :D

I find it quite funny hearing about some guy can't affording to travel to LOS, when he's there living retired, After all if it''s cheaper there than your own country. Why would you want to travel there 5 times a year? And Tom

you could always go to the City of Brotherly love for a Philly Cheesteak. But something tells me that's not part of a Scotsman's diet.

:bow

Edited by eltib
As right as you were proven in the case of the 787 ?

The B787 won't be "late" until, and if, it is not delivered to the first customer in May 2008. Even if it is late, it won't be TWO YEARS late like the Airbus 380.

As to the 777-300ER, the type of seats, how many, and how they are arranged is entirely up to each airline. Cathay Pacific has done a nice job with their new 777-300ER,

"The fuel-efficient 777-300ER will enable Cathay Pacific to fly more passengers non-stop to major destinations in cabins that feature the airline's acclaimed new long-haul product. The three-class configuration features suites in First Class, full-flat Business Class beds with total privacy, and Economy Class seats that recline within a fixed shell to improve passenger space and comfort."

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news07/110-CathayPacific.shtml

History. History is on my side regarding Airbust (and the 380). It is just a matter of time.

The B787 won't be "late" until, and if, it is not delivered to the first customer in May 2008. Even if it is late, it won't be TWO YEARS late like the Airbus 380.

Are you sure swami?

As to the 777-300ER, the type of seats, how many, and how they are arranged is entirely up to each airline. Cathay Pacific has done a nice job with their new 777-300ER,

"The fuel-efficient 777-300ER will enable Cathay Pacific to fly more passengers non-stop to major destinations in cabins that feature the airline's acclaimed new long-haul product. The three-class configuration features suites in First Class, full-flat Business Class beds with total privacy, and Economy Class seats that recline within a fixed shell to improve passenger space and comfort."

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news07/110-CathayPacific.shtml

History. History is on my side regarding Airbust (and the 380). It is just a matter of time.

Well give a hand to Cathay Pacific for being an innovator and putting their econo seats that recline within a shell :bow :behead

If I go again in the near future, I'll have to remember that when booking my ticket.

What about EVA Air? :D I don't remember stipulating in my last post about it being a "Boeing problem" but a EVA problem.

You should have said McDonnell Douglas. They are now part of Boeing because of Airbus.

Edited by eltib
You should have said McDonnell Douglas. They are now part of Boeing because of Airbus.

Surprised someone from your camp would acknowledge that. Do you think if Airbus were to fold, Lockheed might start building commercial aircraft again?

Surprised someone from your camp would acknowledge that. Do you think if Airbus were to fold, Lockheed might start building commercial aircraft again?

Not a chance. Lockheed won't go back into the commercial market. The EU will bail Airbus out, just like the US Government will bail Boeing out. BTW, I find out tomorrow whether or not I'll be working for Northrop. I found out from my job shop that the "management is very impressed with me." I'm going head to head with another job shopper. After the 6 month contract is up, more than likely I'll become a full time Northrop employee.

What about if Boeing were to fold? :D

Read my answer to Scally. :thumbup

Edited by eltib
The B787 won't be "late" until, and if, it is not delivered to the first customer in May 2008.

Want to bet on that? :D

Have a bet on Boeing's 787 arrival

A COMPANY in the US has set up a website that will take bets on whether Boeing's 787 Dreamliner will be delivered to its first customer on time.

The site, https://bet2give.com/b2g/market/linear/mark...Boeing787onTime, is the brainchild of trading forecasters NewsFutures, who hope to put pressure on Boeing meeting its promised May 2008 deadline.

Visitors to the site are able to bet by deciding at what price to buy or sell shares that will pay $1 if Boeing delivers the 787 on time.

But the shares will be worthless if Boeing misses the deadline.

You could have got 4/1 a couple of days ago although it now looks like its 5/2.

I found out from my job shop that the "management is very impressed with me." I'm going head to head with another job shopper. After the 6 month contract is up, more than likely I'll become a full time Northrop employee.

Read my answer to Scally. :rolleyes:

Good luck on this. :bigsmile:

Good luck on this. :allright

Thanx Big D :D I hope it isn't another let down like the County job where I came in 2nd place out of 9 candidates.

I'll let you guys know today if I got the job. But it's gonna be awhile till I get to come back to LOS. Aerospace companies don't give 3 weeks vacation till after 10 years of service. But they give the holiday week off @ XMAS and New Years. I really don't like traveling at the height of tourist season though.

After hearing so much about our European cousins' oh, so superior business ethics, I was devastated to read the following:

EADS 'most surprised' by allegations of widespread insider trading

Thursday October 4, 2007

EADS said yesterday it "is most surprised" by reports that French stock market regulator AMF has given prosecutors a "preliminary note" alleging insider trading in 2006 by numerous EADS and Airbus executives related to A380 program delays.

AMF yesterday confirmed it forwarded findings to prosecutors, which it is required to do once it discovers evidence of possible wrongdoing. It has been investigating whether EADS and Airbus executives inappropriately sold off EADS shares prior to Airbus's June 2006 announcement of A380 program delays that led to an immediate 26% drop in EADS' stock price (ATWOnline, Dec. 13, 2006). At issue is whether executives knew about the A380 production delays and sold shares based on that knowledge before the aircraft program's problems were revealed publicly.

Le Figaro yesterday reported that AMF's report to prosecutors implicates a host of top EADS officials and alleges that nearly all of EADS' and Airbus's top-ranking officials at the time were aware of A380 program problems well before they informed the public.

Former EADS co-CEO Noel Forgeard long has been questioned about his sale of €2.5 million ($3.5 million) worth of stock options three months before Airbus announced A380 delays. Yesterday's report indicated that AMF believes the insider trading scandal goes well beyond Forgeard and could ensnare current high-ranking company officials and even former top finance officials in the French government, which owns a 15% stake in EADS.

EADS did not address the allegations directly, saying in a statement that it considers "leaks" from AMF to the media to be "an unlawful violation of the confidentiality of the current investigations and of the principle of the presumption of innocence."

by Aaron Karp

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=10396

After hearing so much about our European cousins' oh, so superior business ethics, I was devastated to read the following:

Le Figaro yesterday reported ............................

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=10396

Le Figaro? Didn't it carry the Lance Armstrong doping allegations?

However, the reality is that no-one cares .......................

Market Yawns at EADS Insider Trading Allegations

Oct 4, 2007

AviationWeek.com Staff / Paris and London

Analysts and investors in EADS are downplaying a Paris newspaper's report that French securities regulators may charge high-level executives and shareholders with insider trading.

"We don't think the market really cares," says one London-based analyst, noting that it's the behavior of individuals and not the company itself that's at issue and that it had been known for months that regulators were looking into the matter.

Based on the evidence of leaked board meeting minutes, "it may be difficult to conclude that the ultimate impact on share price of events unfolding at the time was fully understood." Furthermore, he notes, many of the executives on the list, including Co-Chairman Manfred Bischoff, CEO Noel Forgeard and director of strategy Jean-Paul Gut, have left.

Sandy Morris, another London analyst with ABN Amro, says he is much more concerned about the possible impact over the next 3-6 months from further cost increases arising from the deteriorating dollar and the effect of the sub-prime financial crisis. "The general perception is that there is considerable long-term value in EADS. We think the impact from insider trading will be extremely limited." JPMorgan did not even mention the issue in a new note it issued on Oct. 4, a day after the newspaper report that actually upgraded EADS stock from "neutral" to "overweight."

Edited by CheshireTom

I don't know about anyone else but theses high tech controls make me nervous. I'd hate like hell to be killed by a sun spot! Or worse yet, Iran testing their (coming) nuclear bomb and the electrical shit connected with a nuclear explosion killing the controls. Personal computers have now been with us a LONG time and mine still sometimes fucks up. That's not so bad because I can reset the computer but when my ass is 40,000 feet up in the air, I don't like the idea of resetting controls. The bigger the planes are, the more complicated they get and the more things that can go wrong. Who cares if they are late on their deliveries? Give them enough time to work out the kinks before they deliver these high tech accidents just waiting to happen.

After hearing so much about our European cousins' oh, so superior business ethics,

Hi,

In a free market economy those with inside information will always try to profit from it whether they are American or from anywhere else. However, in general European business ethics are superior IMO.

I don't know about anyone else but theses high tech controls make me nervous. Personal computers have now been with us a LONG time and mine still sometimes fucks up. That's not so bad because I can reset the computer but when my ass is 40,000 feet up in the air, I don't like the idea of resetting controls.

Hi,

I'm sure the controls are more robust than your PC. Its an article of faith getting on a plane but millions do it everyday , mainly without incident.